Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

The week summarised

On Wednesday night, I had a choice of these 3:
1) KTV with a couple of colleagues
2) Meeting up at a ex-company event with ex colleagues
3) Drinks (semi-officially) with one of the teams in my present company

I was trying to figure out how to go to at least 2. Turns out no. 3 was postponed. So good for me. I really wanted to go to no. 2 but it was too far out for me to go there and any of the others.

So I chose no. 1. It was a nice dinner with 3 colleagues. Not KTV in the end. But it was still very fun. 2 of them I only got to know better that night only. Really nice. Both ladies went home after dinner though. Me and Jia went for a drink at St James.

Damn. A drink. Right. We opened a bottle of white wine and enjoyed the show at Boiler - and somehow, without realising it, I drank most of it. So I was extremely wasted when I got home. For the first time, drinking made me puke. Literally. It was horrible.

But I managed to wake up and go to work as per normal the next day. And even had a great time with Jia (again) at the Esplanade for the "We Will Rock You" musical! Damn. That Killer Queen t-shirt looked fantastic but $45 for a t-shirt is quite out of budget for me unfortunately. Sigh.

Had a very safe cocktail at Harry's later that night and went home for some really deeeep sleep. I was exhausted.

Friday was convocation. A boring 2 hours. Rushed from office like mad for it. But my parents were happy of course. And that's all that mattered. :O)

Needless to say, after that I took a short nap before going out again. Met Jass, Gina, my ex-bf and his colleague. Sort of like an early birthday celebration for my ex's birthday. In case you're wondering, no I didn't speak to him. He never even looked my way so I figured it wasn't worth the effort to.

We went down to St James after. It wasn't too bad there since we managed to get seats. Boiler room's band is entertaining. Particularly the gay dude. He's gooood. It was so strange when my friends just left me and him at the table at one point. I don't know why all of them had to go and put their bags in the locker together.

So that was the only time I spoke to him - I asked him what he'd like his drink to be mixed with. And passed it to him. That was all the contact we had. Ah well. Whatever. I tried asking so many people to come down and join me, since I knew my friends would from time to time be going out to smoke.

Turned out only Mr German Colleague came down. But that was good enough for me. It's always lots of fun having him around when clubbing. We danced a lot and were pretty close. Don't think my ex bothered lah. I couldn't be bothered. I was there to have a good time too you know.

I wanted a quiet dinner on Saturday. YL, my sister and I went to Dempsey. Landed up at Harry's - but good pasta there anyway so no complaints. And it was quiet. Good. I also wasn't much in the mood for clubbing since I already did the night before, but they said to go St James, so there I was again.

Movida was packed so we moved to Bellini Room. The music there was fantastic. My sister and I danced and danced. She got (like always) picked up. I, on the other hand, bumped into Jia's friend. It was a very good night. Seriously, the music there set a great mood for me. I was looking forward to just sitting down and relaxing but it made me do the opposite and stand up and shake my ass off.

10am was flute practice today. But that was also the time I woke up. Oops. Another new piece we tried out today. Woohoo! I hope to arrange another classical piece before doing another one from a musical or chinese pop. Let's see. 2 more weeks before performance days. I hope many people come - and I hope we do a good job.

A less busy week ahead I think. Jogging tomorrow, prob St James on Wed (if not then I'll meet ex-colleagues), and a birthday party on Saturday. All of which I'm looking forward to very much as usual.

A few people I'm hoping to meet up with and catch up soon. A rather long list, but I'll do them one at a time. Am I a very PR person? Not really you know. When you put me in a group, I'm the quietest. But put me one-on-one with people and I'm fine with just talking the night away. I genuinely want to hear how people are doing, and listen in on any new updates.. to catch up on how everyone's life stories are unfolding.

Still doesn't change the fact that I love being in big groups/parties. To see and be seen. And best, to just take my time to mingle around with whoever I want to, whenever I want to - and take a backseat to people-watch every once in a while.

I'm a strange gal. I've always known that. But I like being who I am. I love myself. I love my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home