Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Friday, February 15, 2008

V. Date.

It is ironic indeed.
After so many V-days attached, this time I am single and actually "celebrating" the day. It was an absolutely pleasant surprise to receive a call from the reception saying that I've got flowers.

For the first time in my 25 yrs (ok, this is to be my 26th year in this world), I received a bouquet of roses. The feeling ... was exhilarating.

But in case anyone's wondering, no, no one is trying to woo me to be his girlfriend. This is more a ... friendly gesture? All right. So it's a little bit more than just "friendly" but, no, as much as all these is sweet and dream-come-true material, it is simply just what it is - an extremely kind gesture that I truly appreciate.

Dinner yesterday night was at a small Italian restaurant tucked away in an obscure part of Singapore. It was simple but rather closely authentic I'd think. I won't know till I've gone to Italy, but he picked out a couple of items that were common over there. Interesting.

We took our time through dinner, which is not often done here in busy Singapore. It felt good. :O) By the time we finished eating and left the place, it was 10:30pm. We took a nice loooong walk... from Thomson to Orchard...

Vacant cabs were non-existent until after midnight, so it was only until then that we got on one, and made our way home.

You know what my original plan was? Pack dinner home, eat it in front of the TV, and go out for a walk somewhere after that. I wasn't feeling sad or disappointed about my plan but I must say that being asked to be someone's valentine just felt absolutely wonderful.

Well, that day is over. I could reminisce all I want, but I know better than to do that. As much as it was very nice, we're just friends, and will remain as that.

Resentment in my tone? Nah. Disappointment? Perhaps a tiny pinch. But more than anything, I felt desired.

Incredibly sleepy now. Doesn't help that I'm nursing a potential full-blown flu. I'm trying to suppress it for as long as I can. There's still another dinner tonight AND tomorrow night. Plus I am going house visiting on Sunday, AND there is dinner on Monday! HOW CAN I FALL SICK NOW?! No way no way! I must make sure I hang on!!!

Damn all the late nights, alcohol and CNY goodies..... Hahaha!

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey just to let you know i've moved to a new home. it is at: http://marksadventures.wordpress.com

cheers!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger down but not out said...

It sounded like a pretty nice date... no chemistry?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home