Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, February 11, 2008

Over-drinking

All the past few nights... CNY eve, 1st day, 2nd day, 3rd day... I spent them drinking. 2 of them with sister and friends, 2 of them with my colleague...

What the hell..
My liver is dying.

Plus I've been eating all these CNY stuff that I usually don't. Bet I look fatter now.

It's Monday and I'm finally feeling the heat from all of that. I'm falling sick. I'm even considering taking a day off tomorrow to rest because from Wednesday to Saturday, I've got plans! 5 Lo Hei sessions in all!!!

Can you believe it? I got more Ang Paos from going to work than over the past 4 days. Hahaha! That's because there were barely any to collect at home.. or when we went visiting. I'm too old to take - besides, I'm already working.

I hear that my alma mater CTSS is doing up a musical. Just contributed one of my flute quartet arrangements to them. Hope it's useful - for me and them. For their performance, and for me because of the reputation of the alumni band.

I've got plenty on my palette now. Teach my friend the piano, write up a couple more flute quartets, read up about New York, help my German colleague edit his thesis, arrange for a short getaway over the Good Friday weekend... all these within the next couple of months. Meaning: By April

As for long term plans.. I have no idea. My friend was telling me about how she really hopes to settle down and have a family one day. I told her that I used to have that dream too - till it got busted when my ex-bf left me. Not that I blame him, but I just don't know if that's really what I want now.

Sure, I'd like to find myself a guy to be with.. but until that comes along, I have yet to figure out what I see in store for myself in the future. My 5-year plan. I'm happy with my job, I love my colleagues, I adore my friends, I am still in touch with music..... I actually think I'm pretty content with what I have now.

Someone once said that success is being happy in life. And I am happy. Sure. I could be happier. Earn more money, own more things, etc etc etc. But I'm not so greedy right now. I'll take things slow and steady until I have a reason to speed things up.

Thank you peeps for still reading my blog. It never fails to fascinate me when I see comments on the chatbox or at the end of each post.

Lichen: If you come over I'll play the piece for you to listen ok?

Exhibitionist: It's nice fo you to drop by and leave comments. Appreciate it.

pplater: I always love it when you interpret what I write. And yes, you singled out a very good line. I love the irony of it. But I am sure this year will be no different from the rest - and to be honest, I don't think I really care since I never really did. :O) [Good for me I guess.]

Patrick: I still save your name as Bladey on my HP. I wanted to call you last week and searched Patrick but couldn't find it. Haha!

YL: Thanks for listening to me. And thanks for talking to me too.

Jass: We definitely need to catch up.

Chang: Got KTV just jio bah. but unfortunately this week cannot. Blech.

ZN: Never got to meet you little junior, but hope I will one day.

Ah.. heart says one thing and mind says another. The brain needs to win the battle this time. Taking one step at a time......

Just popped a panadol. Means it's time for bed.
Don't think jogging's possible for me tomorrow......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home