Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Friday, November 04, 2005

No more Chewonit Online

Chewonit Comics!

I had just added the link to my blogroll, but when I clicked on it, I was shocked.
Sigh.. Anoher blogger down.
My mum and I adore Mr Lee Chee Chew's Chewonit comics. We loved the blog too.

Some idiotic morons had to post hurtful stuff and send him personal attacks via email. He has since decided to stop blogging and it is just an empty site with a short msg now.

Do Singaporeans even have a sense of humour? What is wrong with these people in the country? Don't they ever learn that not everything being said is supposed to be taken at face value? Do they not know what it is like to laugh any more?

I thought that Chew would be able to handle the stuff people wrote. I was wrong. I hope he does make a comeback though... I am certain he has more supporters than flamers.

Chew, if you see this, please start blogging again. No one can please everyone, but I'm sure you made more people smile and laugh than anything else. My mum and I will be waiting.....

5 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

ruben: He writes/draws comic strips for our local paper and does it weekly. He also draws plenty of posters, etc in our country.
One of the strips talked about the low service standard of a fictional shop. The lady was complaining that the staff did not bother about her. The person whom she was talking to in the strip said she shouldn't patronise them again. The last box of the strip showed the lady lift her skirt up to expose bottles she stole from the shop because no one bothered about her.
Some fellas felt that it was wrong for the lady to lift her skirt up (although there was nothing obscene in the strip. the lady was wearing underpants in the strip). Some people opposed the idea of shoplifting.

for goodness sakes it was a COMIC strip. I'll post his strips if I find any. They're always relevant to the local news. :O)

midnight: I totally understand what you mean. and yep, blogs are like our dumping ground. If readers don't like what they see, DON'T SEE IT! argh.... not as if there are personal attacks or socially harming content!?!??!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

In the words of Roger Rabbit "My philosophy is if you don't have a
sense of humor, you're better off dead."

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger DK said...

What do you expect from a country where people made police report about white elephant poster placed outside a closed MRT station?

Haiz.... What a disgrace...

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger ChewOnIt! said...

Hello juz_A_ga|

Thanks for the support but I don't think I ever want to embark on the blogging road again. It's just too aggravating to deal with moronic people, especially so for highly-irritable me (hah!).

Chee Chew

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home