Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ki weekend (Part 2)

Somehow my blog seems to be splitting into parts. hmm.. I will refrain from that as far as possible... Can't blame me for having too many photos and too much to say. Haha!

---

When we got back from Westmall, Ki was all set to go to the beach. He was excited to see us home and started running all over the place to express his glee.

My parents quickly gathered all his toys, I changed into a pair of shorts and off we were!

It was a long ride to East Coast Park. From Clementi to East Coast, it would mean about half an hour to 45 minutes due to traffic. In other countries I think this would be incredibly near.

I was amazed we could get a lot near the MacDonalds area. There was quite a jam at the narrow road there, so to have found a parking lot was quite a relief. Ki could not contain his excitement any further and burst out of the car, running towards the nearest playground. If we wanted to bring him to a playground we'd have just brought him to the one downstairs where we stay.

My dad grabbed his bicycle out of the trunk and managed to lure him off, telling him that we had to go play with the sand and water before it got too late.

The sun had already started to set although it hadn't hit 7pm yet. The park was still bustling with adults and children running, blading, cycling and chilling out. Obviously, Ki couldn't be bothered.

He needed a little push while on the sand from my dad.

Once we chose a cosy spot, Ki grabbed his toys and headed off to coose a spot of sand to start digging.

Then he needed my parents to help collect some water.

He settled down and started meddling.

That was the time for my mum and ki to be together - while I trotted off to tuck into my MacDonald's dinner! Dearie was very tired and rested on the bench the whole while. My dad had gone to get his dinner so it was as if all of us were doing some sort of shift work.

When my dad came back, my mum called me over to help her out with Ki. Unfortunately, I was still in the midst of finishing up my meal, so I asked Dearie to go over instead.

By the time I went over, it was extremely dark. The only lights were coming from the lamps along the paths, away from the sand. Ki was still happily trying to do his "cooking" with sand and water. While munching on a filet-o-fish.



He got his mouth and hands so dirty from all the eating, drinking and "cooking".



It got kinda late and the darkness was starting to get us all tired so we told Ki we had to pack up. He was reluctant, but we told him we'd bring him to see the shops around the area, so before we left, he decided to run around and kick some sand first.

And marvel at the "cake" he "cooked up".

Dearie told him to "cut the cake".

Through pure instinct, he just had to destroy it to bits. Not a clump was spared.


He started to get reluctant again, and was worried we'd bring him home, so we had to convince him by showing him where we were going to bring him. What a smart little naughty boy.

Dearie carried him off away from the beach.

Then my dad managed to get him onto the bicycle again. Why? 'Cos we all get tired far too easily when he keeps wanting us to swing him upside down.

But how can my mummy resist not carrying her only grandson? Haha!


Thankfully, MacDonalds had a washing-up bay (probably the only one in the area) where Ki could clean himself up abit before we moved on.
There was a live band somewhere in the vicinity and my daddy brought him closer to take a look. It was very lous. Even for me, I found it too loud. My mum couldn't help it and had to put her hands over Ki's ears for protection.

Just beside the band were some kiddy rides. Ki seemed attracted to the red train so for $3 (!!!) my parents let him. He had the whole train for himself to steer about.

While I was fixated on Ki, Dearie pointed out to me that the pink dragon statue had a broken wing.


When the ride was over, Ki seemed interested in another ride, so my mum bought another ticket for him, but Ki refused to get on!!!!!!! The nice guy manning the ride actually brought us around to try to get him interested in the other rides, but to no avail. The nice guy somehow managed to get us a refund.
Now THAT is EXTREMELY rare.

Dearie got back Ki's focus by letting him see a stall that displayed racing cars.

Better still, some boys were fixing the cars at a table behind. See where he learns how to "fix" his own cars? Haha!

We were all in need of some rest, so we walked back to the car. Ki, in his never faltering enthusiasm, ran to the playground before we got to the car, and we could only stand there and watch.

My dad needed a drink so badly he went to MacDonalds to get an orange juice. Once we managed to trick Ki into Mac, he saw what my dad had, and slurped up every drop that remained in the cup - which was quite a big bit.

Ki wanted to go back to the playground after the drink, but my mum forcefully carried him to the car. Only my mummy got such power - 'cos she told him we were bringing him back to our place. Haha!

---

Back home, you could only predict what was the first thing he did:


He bounced around the house again..

..while Dearie and I tried very hard to watch "The Day After Tomorrow". Not a bad movie.

---

I woke up to this sight the next morning.

Tell me, how not to fall in love completely with this little naughty boy? Haha!

That whole Sunday was Ki day again. Brought him to Westmall to have lunch with his papa and mama, where he made a big mess. Brought him to the supermarket there where he ate all the free stuff being promoted. THen the sad part came when we had to say bye bye to him, as his parents brought him home.
Ki cried. More like he wailed. But he really needs to spend more time with his papa and mama so we could only hope the cries subsided soon.

---

That night, Dearie came over to pass me the lovely bag his sister had. We also (FINALLY!) managed to watch the DVD for Sin City, courtesy of one of his friends.
I think it's a very good movie, in complete comic style. Something fresh. Devon Aoki had one of the best characters in the movie sia. Heehee!

---

Fast forward to today, Tuesday, 25th October.
I'm getting used to the 3 days in a row timetable of having classes. Only thing I haven't got the hang of are the subjects themselves. I simply can't grasp them tightly or clearly enough.

This situation is definitely worse than what I felt with Sociology and Econs. Psychology, HRM and Accounts are stressing me out. I know I should do more about them myself by revising more, doing more past year questions...... What the hell am I doing here on this blog now?!

GAHHHH!!!

It's midnight. Time to sleep. Maybe I'll try to study at work whenever there's some free time....
...but haven't I already tried and failed miserably?

I'll see about it tomorrow I guess.

I'm the queen of procrastinating.
If I don't pass my subjects this year, I have only myself to blame.

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

I used to go to exams barely prepared. Smoked my way through most of them. Still managed to pass. But actually barely scrapped thru would be a more accurate term. I had to repeat my final year of accountancy at Ngee Ann Poly.

你好吗?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home