Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Enough about my downs

It's sickening to feel self-pity when I know damned well that there're people around me who lead tougher lives.

JX (the one whose wedding photos I posted up before my Bintan trip) hasn't gotten everything smooth sailing but she's working so hard now and just looking at how she is now makes me feel ashamed of my complaining.

Her dad got retrenched when the economic downturn happened. He tried to set up a business but it didn't work out. Her brother was giving alot of trouble and she decided to move out to stay on her own at a 1-room flat. Her then bf gave her problems and they finally broke off. She met David and now is married to him. Both of them now work, pay for this current 1-room flat expenses, study part time, PLUS they have to finance a flat they bought (Pinnacle@Duxton).
Then you've got to remember the flat needs to be maintained, cleaned, and plenty of housework, etc etc etc.

See? People got waaaay harder life than me. Here I am lamenting about how tough it is to be studying and working at the same time. She's doing just that and so much more. Her husband also. I admire their planning in all these. I'd like to have that - but Dearie's still a "small boy". Still studying. And I simply don't think I'm ready fo it, but when I am, I hope Dearie would be, and we could start looking into how we could live our lives in the long term.
I really wonder how JX does it. I should get my act together and work hard now. Suffer now better than later, like I always say.

Anyhoo, here's a little clip I watched a long time ago. You could say I ran out of funnies to post, but hey, this will have to do ya? Slapstick humour by Jim Carrey and William Ferrel on Saturday Night Live. Some mouth-to-mouth action too.

I want to watch this movie...... waiting for DVD to come out...


-----

Mummy was busy washing all my soft toys (or during weekends they're known as kiki's toys). Now all of them are dry and ready to march back to my room.

That tall vase is our "fish tank" btw. Heehee... The vase came with a large bouquet of flowers some long time back when I ordered from Far East Flora. My mum especially loved the vase. Haha!!!

I think I'll get another bouquet this year for mummy around Christmas. I can't possibly buy for myself right? Gives me an excuse to go browse their webbie. I see the catalogue also happy.

-----

Some time back my friends and I had some banter about the "perfect proposal". We settled by saying that the best one is the most unexpected one. I guess it's true isn't it? If you can actually think up how it'll be like, then when it happens, there'd be no element of surprise would there?
But of course it's got to have the package of all the wonderful things.. Else why would she say YES hor? Hahaha!

8 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Sin City Is An Old Show Liao Leh.
DVD Out LONG TIME AGO. Pirated One Lah.
Sian For Wat, Tml Can Let You Sing All You Want Liao.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

i still not fully recovered mahz. prob won't sing that much lahz. haha! not so sianz liaoz. :O)
Ya. Sin City old show. Pirated DVD of course out lahz. But where the hell am I going to get that?! So must wait for original lorz - and preferably can rent. save $$$.

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there..i think this is really concidental that i could actually stumble upon ur blog..anyway im e guy who bumped into u in the lift while i was walkin my dog..rem? think it was a few daes ago..anyway jus tot ill drop by to say hi..=)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Indeed. We all tend to pity ourselves from time to time. There are many people out there in the world who are in much worse conditions than we are now. Just look at those Pakistan quake victims who lost all their loved ones. Listening to their heartwrenching stories of how their loved ones perished can bring tears.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

humblewarrior, singaportsguy, michael chua: yep yep. everytime we feel down and out, it's time to reflect on how lucky we are already.

gerald: wah. you were the one who let us touch your dog in the lift??? wow. Singapore IS small. haha! thanx for dropping by!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger F¡яєвџяN said...

SIN CITY IS COOL!!!!!!

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...do ya have msn or something? maybe we could keep in contact..next time can go for supper n stuff man...haha cool to be neighbours man..=Þ take care

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Fireburn: i knoooowwww... that's why I wanna watch.... got lobang to get the show? hehehehe...

Gerald: of course I got msn! got blog of course have msn! haha! I'm not a very supper person, but damn cool to know u're my neighbour. HAHA! my sis and i really like your dog. but we've got 2 rabbits so manke sure ur dog don't come off at our floor. :O)
Add me: clariceseah@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home