Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Innovation challenge

I hope it's not against the game rules to do this ('cos it was NOT mentioned in the list of rules I received). I need help for an upcoming internal company innovation competition - so I'm asking it here.
[In case anyone from my company is reading this, and it IS flouting some unwritten rule, just let me know and I'll bring this post down.]

This is the challenge:
How do you use a wooden board of 1m (L) x 0.8m (B) x 1" (H) to go around a zig zagged course on a grassy/sandy field?

Here's the catch:
1) Wooden board must be horizontal during the course.
2) Participant must have at least 1 leg always rested and supported on the board when moving. (Same if more than 1 participant.)
3) No cutting of board into segments.
4) Max 10% board area allowed to be cut to attach functioning mechanism. [I suppose mechanism would refer to stuff like wheels.]
5) No external power source

Difficult huh? I also say. haha!

-----

Dearie didn't manage to go for class this morning. That's bad 'cos classes are important and even he won't dare miss a single one.
He woke up and vomitted and slept the whole day through with a queasy stomach. He had a fever and the doctor told him that if it didn't go down in 3 days, it could be dengue.

Hope all will be well by tomorrow morning. He hopes so too, mainly 'cos there's class tomorrow morning (make-up for this morning's). Shopping tomorrow afternoon with the pig. I'll visit Dearie after.

Why am I not visiting him tonight? Because he'll be busy watching his 25 episodes of Naruto. Hahaha! No lahz. He needs to rest. He'll probably just watch a bit, eat a bit, then go back to sleep.

This is a good time to work on my marketing assignment. Assignments don't play a part in our grades at all, but...... cannot lahz. Must do. Heehee.. Guilt is already eating up my conscience.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

10% is about 0.1m x 0.8m. Looks like a big chunk. Nail this to the front of the board to form a L shape. The vertical piece is for your foot to push the board forward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home