Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Friday, October 21, 2005

The 21st birthday - sort of (Part 3)

It was post birthday. I had helped birthday girl book a room at Swissotel The Stamford for 16th October with my corporate rate. It was our birthday gift from the gang to her.

Only YL and I went to go see the room, and I was glad I did go after all. My corporate contact managed to give us a high room on the 34th floor. The view from the balcony was most spectacular.
One side of the view

The other side

Now for the centre

Ok lahz. I not as pretty so here's the real view as you gaze out of the balcony.

Then a zoomed in shot of boat quay. (Can you see the UFO shaped building on the right of the photo? hahaha!)

Then it was time for YL and me together! [We had to self take 'cos birthday girl and bf were busy watching DVDs.]

Wah. Cannot stand how I look sometimes....

Oh... speaking of DVDs... please do not be mistaken and think that DVD players are provided in the hotel. They are available but at a price. A whopping $300 per night!!!!!!!

We left for dinner after they finished the disc. Birthday girl's bf suggested going to a Japanese restaurant across the road at the Singapore Recreation Club. I must say it was actually quite nice and since I was in quite a nutty mood that day, I gave a shot at raw fish again.

I couldn't stand the salmon and octopus, but I managed to eat the sardine. Everything else I had was cooked. Thank goodness.

The 2 were going for a drink at New Asia Bar. I had no intention of going for a drink since I had to work the next day, so we made a move to catch a bus home. But you see, almost every year, I get a gift for my younger sis. Something separate from the gang. She's my sis afterall right?

YL accompanied me around Raffles City for a little hunt, to no avail. She asked me for a budget but I couldn't really answer that. Then we realised that we really were quite broke.

We went to Burger King, sat down and did the accounts.

Let me just say that it was scary. The birthday girl had not known how much we had spent on her birthday alone. Wow. Thank goodness for Evon's $200 contribution the night before else YL and I would definitely be alot worse off. Blech. The figures were plain scary.

By the time we left the place, we were utterly convinced that we could not take a cab home. Ah.... another demoralising night... hahahaha!

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

What a fantastic gift! Getting a Swissotel room for a friend's birthday. Must have quite a lot of people in the gang. Otherwise got to fork out a lot of money ;p

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Thing is - we did fork out quite a lot. haha! our gang is made up of 6 people. heehee!
luckily the room had a good view so it made it quite worth e money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home