Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

(Sing it!) *I'm going to Bali*

Lalala!

Yep! The trip's been confirmed for 25th Nov - 28th Nov (Fri - Mon). It'll be my first time there. We've decided to stay along Kuta, but haven't settled on which hotel yet.

I'll be going with YL and Evon. The pig will be going with her 2 colleagues. Probably going to be going our separate ways when we're there but we'll see about that. My parents, on the other hand, will be going one week before us, but they're intending to stay along Nusa Dua.

I'm not very much a travelling person, but hey, got such opportunity I should just go right? Don't waste. Heehee!

Dearie's not going partially 'cos he's got class on Saturday, and partially 'cos he's too broke. I totally understand the $$$ problem. I'm facing it too. Argh. I really need to get a job that pays better than this. Taking home $1100 is sufficient, but I am very sure that in this job I am in now, it'll stay like this for the rest of the time I am here. Must plan to move on despite all the almost perfect conditions here.

Meanwhile, before that trip, there's lots of catching up to do. One of the most important things I MUST make myself do is STARRR-DEEEE. Studying sux.

Friday night, Dearie accompanied me to the video rental shop and we rented Fight Club again ('cos we somehow didn't watch it in our previous rental - waste money we know, but.... heehee... it's just us.). We also rented Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Manchurian Candidate.

We caught Fight Club that same night. On Saturday, Dearie's mum, Dearie and myself went to pray at Eunos. Yes. Freaking far away I know, but must go so too bad. Super horrible traffic along Eunos. Don't understand it. I'm not saying it's a temple we went to 'cos it really was more of a big HDB flat with an alter that is quite similar to that of a temple.

Anyway, we paid our respects and left soon after. Dearie and I are not very good with these traditions. I'm all Buddhist but apart from the offering of joss sticks and donations, I'm not very sure what else I can do. I feel like it is more a custom to uphold (eg during Chinese New Year) by going to offer my respects, and unlike Dearie who can be such a lazy bum, I do not shun it. I believe in trying to live the teachings as best as possible (though I am truly a bad example). Religions don't tell you to do bad things, but offer you a solution to better your way of life. It is a matter of choice. At least that's what I believe.
Ok. I'm very bad at talking about religion. It's just something very much a non-verbal feeling I have. Expressing it is.... too deep for me.

Dearie was complaining about how tired he was in the bus, but somehow his mum, Dearie and I landed up talking about money. I really don't remember how it started but I'm very sure it was his mummy who started it. I reminded Dearie about the bike payments AGAIN. I still haven't seen the $100 monthly instalments he said he wanted to give me. ARGH....

I gave him that look. The one that says: you say you broke then don't return me money, you don't accompany me shopping 'cos you say you tired; yet when you see something you want, you somehow got money to go shop and buy it.
Yep. That look was all it took for him to surrender and agree to go walk around Bugis.
Don't call me evil ok? Tired I believe. But again, the money part I don't understand. Though I am glad he turned his friend down when she offered to sell her PSP for $400. Else there will be no end to it.

I wanted to walk around Bugis Village really, but the Saturday crowd was not something I wanted to struggle with that extremely hot afternoon. We walked around the shopping mall instead and I got a couple of $1.95 stuff from Watsons (I lurrrrrve Watsons). Dearie landed up doing more of the window shopping. I realised that much as I wanted to get some new clothes, I was too lazy to go from shop to shop and explore. (It's a sign to go Far East on my own again. I shop better that way.) We browsed at Kinokuniya and Dearie spent all the other time looking at his toys.
We had dinner at Pasta Mania. [Dearie said he didn't mind if I put on some meat so I gouged down everything. HEEHEE..... Too bad I can't channel it to a certain part of my body.]

We were supposed to go to the basement and get Beard Papa for my family before heading home. Turns out I stopped by Fox and tada.. I got stuck there. Poor boy waited for me while I took a very long time picking out what I wanted. I was in a very indecisive mode. Oops. I landed up spending $50+ there. Bad bad.... so broke already still spend. Eeks.

We got back and caught Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Very intriguing show I must say. It's a bizarre story I tell you, but I absolutely admire the director's work. He was very insightful and really had to know exactly what he wanted to create such a style of storytelling. Another good movie.

Next up we caught half the making of Jim Henson's "The Labyrinth". Classic movie starring 14-year old Jennifer Connelly and younger David Bowie. Dearie was too tired so we only caught half. He fell asleep on my bed and decided he'd go straight to work from there. We'll catch the other half another day I guess. The DVD is ours to keep anyway. Available for rent at Video Ezy stores. Definitely worth a watch! Jim Henson lehz!!! And MUST watch the "documentary" which really is "the making of".

---

The next day we awoke to Ki's running around. Dearie and I were still tired. We actually slept through all the noise he made. I don't have a habit of locking my door so my mummy must have been very shocked to see Dearie hugging my big dog, and me hugging penguin, lying side by side on a super single bed. Probably not a happy sight for mummy 'cos she doesn't like such blatent intimacy, but with kiki around, everything was pretty fine and dandy.

We were glued to the bed for a long long time and Dearie was late - as I predicted. Ki was disappointed with uncle having to leave for work, but he made do with playing with me instead. He had a fever that morning. His body was hot. He still played as per normal though, so that was a big consolation. He even ate and drank as per normal.



We brought Ki to his mummy's place. My parents were very tired from taking care of him on Saturday already. Little naughty boy needs to bond with his mummy and daddy. The latter, unfortunately, was more interested in his gaming.

On the way, we stopped by MacDonalds. Ki can't hide his glee.


Ki has his little tricycle at his mama's place. He's definitely grown.


Ah.. too cute to resist, ain't he?


When we left the place, Ki cried, and my mummy had to tuck him to sleep before we left in peace. I napped the rest of the day, watched CSIs on AXN CSI Sunday. I was already in the holiday mood.

---

Today is Monday. Boss is back in office. Lots of stuff to do, but at least I don't mind it. It's only quite sickening to think that I've got to go for class later tonight.

Time to apply leave for the 28th of November. Flight for Bali leaves at 7pm on Friday. I wonder if I can make it to the airport from my office in time... hmm... I knock off at 5:45pm...........

4 Comments:

At 2:44 AM, Blogger blueapple said...

Wow.. go enjoy leh.. Keke..

By the way, which part of singapore got VideoEZY outlet? I only know Sixth Avenue and Jurong West..

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

blueapple: Videoezy store list at www.videoezy.com.sg. Clementi branch near KFC there! heehee... The original outlet is at King Albert Park. Jelita also got a big branch. heehee!

ruben: I definitely will!!! Bali bali here I come!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Happy Sia, Go Bali.
The Eyes Does Work Man. He's Just Too Lazy Liao. Everytime Still Say I Lazy, Dat Cockster.
Lucky He Nv Buy The PSP Sia, Arbo NeverEnding Liao. He Will Talk And Talk And Psycho And Psycho Me To Buy A PSP Also.
But Anyway How He Psycho Also No Use Coz I'm Just Too Broke Liao.
Smoking Is A Must Stop For Me Liao. Too Expensive Le.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger blueapple said...

Oh... okok.. thanks alot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home