Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Overwhelmed & Touched

This has been an incredible week.

On Tuesday I performed as part of flute quartet Kaze. That night, I received 2 bouquets of flowers - 1 from my bunch of colleagues that came with a bear, and another from Mr German colleague himself. So many people I know turned up! My mum and 2 sisters along with Ki were there too!

On Wednesday. Mr German colleague turned up with another few more colleagues of mine but this time, he came with a big teddy bear. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. All these were truly surprises. I was honestly just happy enough for them to have turned up. That meant more than anything - so you can imagine how overwhelmed and touched I was when I saw the flowers and bears. Jass also came with chocolate coated stuff and sushi so I wouldn't get hungry! Awwwwwwwww...

I want to thank everyone who turned up. It was an amazing experience and I will always treasure it.

On Thursday night, my dear colleagues were so nice to treat me to dinner. But not before giving me an absolutely lovely necklace from SK jewellery. It must have cost A LOT of money. To have their company for dinner before I fly off on Tuesday, and as a pre-celebration of my birthday, all these in a span of 3 days... I wanted to give every single person there a big tight hug.

Naturally, Friday night proved to be very hard since I was exhausted from the previous nights, but I did agree to go out with Jass and gang so I did. A nice quiet Chinese dinner with her and Patrick was really good, but we went to St James after that. I wasn't much in the mood for it but ... I go where my friends go, right?

I was too tired to dance, and the only reason why we managed to stay there was probably because I met my ex-colleagues who let us put our drinks on their table. I barely drank anything - which was the good part. Later that night, my ex was very nice to send me home. Did it feel awkward? It was more nostalgic for me. Looking him in the eye and talking casually will take some getting used to, but I think we'll get there.

You know what I learnt over dinner that night? That both Patrick and my ex were there on Tuesday night. Those 2 fellas didn't bother to come and say HELLO to me. Humph. It's so strange that my ex came. When we were together, I don't think he even bothered with coming to watch unless I made it compulsory for him. Ah well. I'm glad they were part of the crowd and came. Again, I'm so thankful for the support!

Saturday afternoon was spent packing for New York. I'm semi-packed now. Not bad for an inexperienced traveller like me. At night, I met up with Mr German Colleague, Jia and my sister at Villa Bali. Excluding my sister, the 3 of us are close. It's rare to find that in the office, but somehow, we have. Very precious indeed.

We talked until the lights went out and had to make our way back. A quiet and simple night. It was another wonderful time.

It's Sunday. I'll need to go to Zhenlin's place to collect a 2nd piece of luggage she wants me to bring there for her (and bring back). I am not entirely sure how I'll manage this feat but it's all part of the travelling experience I guess.

I'm only going to be away for 2.5 weeks but everyone's making me feel like it'll be 2.5 yrs. But it's true that I'll miss everyone here. Even if it's just 2.5 weeks. I can't help it.

I'm sure more people are interested in reading about the romantic part of my life? Unfortunately, like I've mentioned before, what seems like a good idea now wouldn't be in the near future. Because it's a fact that it'll never work out. Sad but true.

Let's see what happens when I come back from New York. Maybe he'll find someone else during this time. You never know right? After all, we're not together. We can't be.

Time to countdown to New York. Tuesday night is the flight out. It's all very exciting. And I continue to bask in the overwhelming warmth that everyone has shown me on my journey thus far. I am sincerely grateful...

:O)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home