Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another week already?!

Oh my goodness. Time is flying too fast.

Already this weekend I celebrated my birthday (2 weeks early) twice. That's because I'll be in New York for my actual birthday. Too bad. Blech.

Anyway ...
It was a lethargic week for me. I messed up my boss' travel plan and I was feeling extremely depressed about that. I cannot stand it if I make a mistake at work - especially when it is my core duty. I just couldn't. Truth be told I felt as if I could have cried when it happened. And for those who don't know me: I don't cry easy.

Well, that was over, and Friday my best buds including my sister asked me out for drinks. I wasn't keen on any dancing considering how tired I was after work on Friday so I settled for Balaclava. Needless to mention, there were no seats - but of course my sister always manages to work her charm and find us one anyhow.

The best part that night was really the cake. It popped up of nowhere. I wasn't expecting it (because 2 weeks is really not considered very near), and it was very sweet indeed. I love surprises. THe cake was yummy indeed.

Unfortunately, my crazy sis had to drag us all down to St James' Bellini room that same night at 1:30am. We were exhausted. Dozing off really. But she wanted to go so we went. Tom Brown miraculously remembered my sister and I. Haha! I find that very amazing since he was drunk last Saturday as I recall.

Saturday was a full night at Bellini. Jia and I went for dinner at Vivo before heading over. Her good ol' friend Wilson was really the reason why we were there. He was the one that wanted to go so... we went! Mr German Colleague later also joined us, and so did my sister. All of us love that room. And another extremely fun night it was. I danced my ass off and had my weekly workout again. It felt good to sweat it out.

Tonight, I had dinner with my whole family. I like that so much. All of us sitting at the table together and enjoying a meal. And obviously, little Ki was there - and he managed to squeeze a new toy out of ah-ma AGAIN. That naughty boy just keeps getting naughtier. So cute.

What's really getting to me are:
1) the performance(s) at The Esplanade
2) the New York trip

I somehow feel rather unprepared for both. I'm looking forward to them but I feel so distracted between the 2. Guess I'll just have to finish off the performance before focusing on the trip. I seriously need to start digging out what I need to bring there.

My cough is still here. So irritating. So much phlegm that I simply can't seem to get rid off. Ahhhhhhhh.. And Mr German Colleague's thesis... I've got 2 more chapters to edit for now. While he continues to write more. Yeah yeah it's not my responsibility but I do want to see him finish it and all. My big name will be on it too you know? WAHAHAHA!

I've promised to meet up with so many more people but I don't know if I can.
Jass: I'll see you on my performance days. I'll try to go for dinner with you soon.
Zhehong: Let's book a date with your friend when I'm back from NY? It'll be late May. Hope to see you on Tues/Wed too.

I'll already be having dinner with my colleagues on Thursday.
I've yet to decide about Friday. Jia wants to book me for Saturday (right Jia? :O) ) and Sunday is probably packing day.

Anyone with tips of how I should pack my luggage, do let me know. And how many bags am I allowed to check-in? I'm so clueless.

Please please please come and see me on Tuesday or Wednesday at the Esplanade. 7:15pm we'll start playing. We'll take a short break after that then continue for another few pieces at 8:15pm.

If I don't know you yet, come up and say hello to me! I won't bite!

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nelly (sorry i am not sure if this is the correct spelling), we've met last year at Baiz for Marcus' birthday. I can help with your NY trip if you want =D. Send me an email or add me on your msn: jasmine_priscilla@hotmail.com

Jasmine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home