Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Friday, March 09, 2007

Need for speed

Last night, I understood something.

The adrenaline for speed is quite an amazing “high” indeed.

I met this guy for the first time – he picked me up from school to send me home. I know I know.. it’s a very short ride back. It was really more to see each other face-to-face after chatting online. The ride home was a bonus.

The last time I sat on a sports bike was at least 6 years ago. It was a short ride of less than 5 minutes. Some class 2B bike. I hated the fact that I had to bend down so much.

Last night, I bumped into Dearie at the library. I said tata to him before I went to met this new guy. Funny hor? My dearie didn’t seem to care that I was running off with some other guy on a bigger bike. Fine. Either he is super confident of himself keeping me, or he trusts me so much, or he believes no one else will want me? Hahaha!!!

I met him at the school gate. I already warned him I am not accustomed to sitting on sports bikes, and he also warned me that I’d have to share a seat with him. I didn’t understand why till later.

I squeezed onto the seat of his CBR900 while he adjusted his gloves and sitting position. I put my hands on the tank, and off we went. Once we hit the road, he zoomed so quickly I thought I’d fall off from the sudden acceleration.

This is one of the reasons we shared the seat. Had I sat on the pillion seat, I would probably really had fallen off. Sharing the seat meant I was “locked in”. More secure. The best part was, I could almost sit upright. He was the only one bending.

He dropped low on corners. I thought my jeans would’ve gotten a tear when I got up. He’s an experienced rider so I really trusted him. If there’s anything I learnt about sitting on a bike, it’s that you have got to trust that the rider will always keep the pillion in mind. And for that, the pillion must fully trust what the rider is doing. Move your body with his and trust him to know what he is doing.

Needless to say, the ride was super fast. When I got off, the adrenaline rush stayed with me for a long while. Even thinking about it now makes me want to go at it again.

The feeling is completely different from that of sitting in a fast car. One of my online friends has a fast car too. There is a certain rush when he hits the turbo thingy but damn, you just cannot compare it to what a bike can do.

I don’t dare to take carnival rides, but this I dare. How odd. This is so much more dangerous. I could never let me parents know…

Then again, Dearie is aiming to get the R6’08. Hmm..

Can’t wait for him to save up enough to get it. Now I understand his desire to get a bigger bike. It is really a lot more stable – and fun.


I got home and told Dearie about the ride home. All I had to tell him was that this guy rode a CBR, is past 30, and is an old member of the bike forums. Dearie immediately told me what his nick was.

What the hell?!

I found out later on that they had been in a bike outing before and so have met too! Singapore… really tiny island hor? Why I never get to go bike outings I still don’t know. But like I said, I’ll wait my turn. To go Malaysia, that one I know it’s dangerous, and until he is prepared then I’ll bug him. Within Singapore….. I still think I can go, but hey, I did say that he needs something of his own. Like how I have my own band things, he should have his bike thingy.

Though… my new friend may be able to bring me along anyway… hmm…

No hurry I guess. Not yet at least.

Oh. Did I mention I am supposed to be concentrating on my prelims now? Yep. They are ongoing. 2 papers on Monday, last one on Wednesday. In April I’ll be having revision classes up to 4 times a week, with each weekend having full-day classes. In May and June I will be taking 4 weeks off just to study.

And yet here I am thinking about everything else.

I’m screwed.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

Be good to destress once in a while when you are studying.

That said, all the best in your coming exams.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Exams Also Must Relax Mah. Where Got Whole Day Study Den No Play One.

SPEED SPEED SPEED !

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A motorbike and raging hormones? Sounds like an interesting future post.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Speed is a need `cos we are all possessed by speed demons.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

i thought most guys would not want their girlfriends to be taking rides on either bikes or cars of other guys. Especially if those guys are interested in their girlfriends.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

sexual innuendo: yeah. destress... goooood... thanks for the luck!!!

Chang: speed dangerous.. u know that too.. heehee..

ruben: if i do get to take a fast bike any time soon, u'll be assured of a really interesting one ahead!

mockingbird: speeeed.. wat an amazing rush...
most guys dun like.. but.. my bf doesn't fall under "most guys". how odd huh? but no lah. dun think e guys interested in me anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home