Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Counting down...

Alcohol is an evil thing.

When I was feeling down, there was this bizarre craving in me for alcohol. I always said that alcohol always makes one feel the extreme of what they feel when they drink – if you drink when you’re happy, you become happier. When you drink when you’re sad, it makes you even more depressed.

Funny how I seemed to yearn a drink so badly when I was feeling so utterly lost. I still don’t understand it. Could it be the media images that have been fed to me over so many years, are finally getting to me?

I haven’t done it yet. And I don’t hope to. But I realise this sinking feeling, although not as bad, is still lingering. It’s a really odd uneasiness. It’s like.. something’s wrong. I can’t put my finger on it. I trust Dearie’s riding skills, but when he said “go into Malaysia”, alarm bells rang again. I’ve read up a bit to understand that it isn’t all that bad to go, but it’s like this little tingling in me telling me to watch out. Or to ask him to watch out.

He hasn’t gone in for a while now. Too busy studying and gaming. Yesterday, he deleted his WoW from the computer. His only destresser is now riding.

I’ve been meddling with this thingy called “Who Lives Near You”. I know I know.. I’m a little late in joining the club. I don’t usually like to but hey, my friends told me it wasn’t all that bad so I gave it a shot.

As expected, I have a slew of messages from guys – from those that seem genuine to those asking “you open minded?”. Reminds me of my mIRC heydays.

If you want to add me in wholives, drop me a message here, or there.

I went in with the intention to find people to go KTV. Turns out, I did a calculation and found out I will not be able to go until after my exams. SIGH. How sucky is that?! Every evening AND weekend from now till June has to be dedicated to studying or else I will not make it. It’s a fact.

So much for singing.

Anyway, I’ve realised that the next time Dearie’s not around and gone riding, I can call on those from wholives too. Do something exciting and meet a stranger. Haha! Cheap thrills. Who ask him don’t take me on his thrill ride hor? I find my own. Humph!

I’m getting back to normal. The drag of studying is weighing me down. The best part – I haven’t even started. I dread exams. I utterly hate to study. There are so many better things I’d rather do.

I am actually still contemplating learning how to ride. It sounds ridiculous doesn’t it? I can’t imagine myself driving a car already, yet I’m thinking of moving about on a motorcycle. My parents would kill me. Thing is, except for the rain, a bike/scooter is the most logical form of transport in Singapore. Cheap and convenient.

Breaking away from that all together, Nokia’s service centre sucks.

A month ago, I queued for Dearie to send his N80 to the Wheelock Branch to change his slider. After half an hour in the queue, I was told there was no more stock. Fine. 3 weeks later, they call to say the stock has finally arrived (even when they told me they’d have it by the 1st week).

Dearie went down on Thursday, queued for over 3 hours, passed them the phone, and was given a slip saying he could collect it the next day.

He couldn’t make it on Friday, so we went down on Saturday. Queued for 20min before being presented the wrong phone (he could tell it wasn’t his ‘cos of the accessory that wasn’t his). After a 5min search in the back room, he was told his phone failed some software test, and had to be sent to the headquarters. Since the headquarters weren’t open on weekends, he’d have to wait till Monday to wait for a call on the status.

It is Monday afternoon. I haven’t heard from Nokia all day.

Lousy!!!

It’s the start of my study-spree. I’m planning my strategy as I trudge ahead. I’m going to have to get through this. Once June hits, I’ll be like a guy who just got freedom from the army.

I can already taste the sweetness. The wilderness in me will be unleashed. That wild fire in my eyes will burn again.

4 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Hahaha. The Wheelock Place Nokia Care Centre Is Damm Sux One. My Fren Went There To Repair His Phone And Had To Wait One Week.

My Phone Had The Same Problem As His And I Brought It To Suntec's Nokia Care Centre And I'm Able To Collect My HP On The Same Day Like 5 Hours Later.

Never Go To Wheelock Place's Nokia, It Sucks Big Time.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger socute333 said...

hi girl, i'm still here but too lazy to blog.. hope u are fine.. i live in ur area so maybe we get to meet some time

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

I have heard horror stories about the Nokia Care Centre at wheelock too.

Good luck on your studies and hope all goes well with your dearie.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

chang: i should've gone to suntec branch. who ask wheelock to be much easier to go from my place..

hiao auntie: yeah!!! I'm messing around with Wholives. So far I've met up with 2 fellas. It'd be a pleasure to see u in person!!!

sexual innuendo: damn it. i never hear of those stories. blech. too late. thanks alot. good luck with YOUR studies.. and M!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home