Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

More gatherings for me pls!

[Wrote this on 21 Feb]
Sometimes I wonder Dearie actually does peek into my blog. But I just know he doesn’t. Which I have started not to mind anyway. I know a couple of his friends drop in once in a while, but they don’t talk to him about what I write.

So it never fails to amaze me when he surprises me with small little things he does. He was supposed to go for this steamboat gathering thingy at some forum girl’s place. I really didn’t want to mind. It wasn’t as if he was going alone, but I wanted to know who she was out of curiousity. Even if he said it was a guy I’d ask too.

Anyway, he started getting elusive again and it only pissed me off even more from before. This was before we left for St. James. I pretty much dragged him there. Honestly I don’t see why I had to do that. He has absolutely no fancy for clubbing (and it’s not like I’m a big fan either).

Didn’t matter. I still made him go. For some reason, they chose to be in Dragonfly. No difference to me, but to YL is was hell. Heehee.. Poor thing.

I don’t know what prompted him – maybe I was drinking a little faster than usual? – but he nudged me with his phone. I looked at it and saw it was the invitation sms for his steamboat gathering. For some reason, that appeased me.

I realised that I didn’t actually need to know every single one of his friends. It would make me a lot more comfortable but realistically, it would be quite ridiculous to arrange.

He has had female camp mates (he was at CMPB so more girls), some of his best pals in poly were female, and he has had female gaming people too. Why am I more insecure around the biker ones? Then I figured to myself it was possibly because the previous times, he would include me in their group outings, so when it stopped for the bike ones, it started to worry me.

Either way, I’m glad he did what he did.

It still doesn’t stop me from hoping I’d join his little gatherings one day, but I’ll keep waiting I guess.

The next day was his steamboat day. I was supposed to go to my ex boss place and I did intend to hitch a lift on his bike on the way but heck. It was too out of the way.

I told him I wasn’t going, and would try to organise a KTV outing. I changed my MSN nick, went for a bath and right after that, I received msgs from YL and Patrick. I never knew my MSN nick would be so attractive – until they told me it was Dearie would told them to ask me for details.

Awwwww.. heehee..

Later on he himself asked me to contact his good buddy Yuan (also my ex-schoolmate and my friend) as they may be going, so I could just join in. A bunch of them were going to one of my good ‘ol ex-classmate’s place somewhere in Clementi for a gathering. I was still pretty stoned from St. James although I didn’t drink much. I’m too old to dance sia……

At 5pm, Yuan called and said I could go over first then see how since the rest weren’t there. It was a 10-15min walk away. I had nothing to do (besides studying). Wanted to nap but couldn’t fall asleep. Tired but wanted to go out. So hell yeah, I went!

I love seeing old friends. Particularly secondary school ones. I just love being around them. Maybe I just love gatherings. I like seeing the same old faces bugging at each other as if we were still in school. Only that we’re now all grown up, and can stop the playing and sit down and talk properly if we want to.

There were some familiar faces at his place and they were playing mahjong. Other games, have I ever mentioned how I suck at games too? Well, I’m saying it now – I suck at them.

I couldn’t understand the game mahjong at all so I just watched TV. Not like I minded. I was just glad to be there. I’m an oddball.

Anyway, one of them left the table and the host asked me to take the seat. That he could teach me the game, like how he did with his other protégé. Hmm.. They were short of a player if I didn’t play, so he quickly gave me a tutorial round. Funnily enough, after so many years of trying to understand what is going on the table, I actually got it this time!!!

But of course, I only know the entry level stuff. Very beginner. I still don’t understand what the winds mean, and what are the special rules and formations. Well, it’s not like I was playing with my money, or that I’m going to be doing that any time soon.

If the host didn’t have a girlfriend, I’d suspect he was coming on to me, or just a lecher. But hey, he’s an old-time friend, and not the only one I’ve known who’s a little touchy with me. I’m fine with it, as long as 1) my boyfriend ain’t there; 2) the other fella’s girlfriend ain’t there; 3) the fella doesn’t cross the line; 4) the fella does it with everyone else too.

In the end there was no KTV session. Not even with the people I tried to get online (though that one may be able to take place pretty soon). All in all, I still enjoyed myself. I only left his place at 1:30am. Pretty late for someone who had to work at 8am this morning.

Smart fellas went to turn on some horror film which I simply refused to stay and watch. I left with a another couple for the night. I honestly expected to walk back on my own – a big factor in leaving immediately when the horror show started. The dear host was kind enough to send me back in his car, all the way up.

Dearie had gotten home by then. Lucky him. Entire week off. Humph. Don’t think he’ll study much this week. He’ll be busy taking care of his bike and I’ll be busy with work and more gatherings.

Lion dance coming to my company liaoz. The only reason why I came to office today. To prepare for their arrival. Kaoz.

So tired! But so many gatherings! I liiiike…
I hope I get to go to his bike gatherings one day…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home