Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Too short a weekend

As mentioned in my previous post, before my exam, I spent the entire morning messing around with Ki.

One of the books required one to join the dots in a sequential order. Ki tried his hand a few.

This was what became of the pictures - anything that resembled like he joined dots were hand-helped by my mummy.

Such a short time, but so much fun.

He spent quite a lot of time with this deck of cards. Picking them up and throwing them all over the floor.

Even on the sofa he was doing that.


Spent the next 2 1/2 hours in the exam hall squeezing words onto an exam script. 3 essays to write - supposed to be very little for an exam. But how come I only filled 5 pages?!?!?! The minimum requirement! Argh. I don't believe it. It wasn't as if the questions were hard either! How can this be?!?! I didn't study for marketing and I managed to write at least 2 pages for each of the 4 essays - and ran out of time for the last one!

I got over it quick enough though. I thought I was dressed nicely. Tube top, cropped-knit sweater, jeans, with a good make-up day. Dearie picked me up from school, and off we went to Suntec for the IT show.

We went to grab food at KFC first. Too hungry. Met up with Bladey and Voidy and his GF (who, to me, resembled Jaime Yeo).

Walked around the IT show after. Pretty lousy show. Only attraction was the Xbox 360 launch. It wasn't even as crowded as other years. It wasn't long before we headed for the rest of them to have dinner at MacDonalds. Great service - they helped us get seats and an extra chair when we needed it.

They were off to the arcade after, but Dearie claimed he was tired. Again. Wanna compare who was more tired?! Argh...

What to do? Went back home lor. Not before I popped in several shops to check the prices of some items and what would be "in". Nothing exciting going on. Seemed like I wasn't missing much. No sale some more. Ridiculous prices. My sister might not agree. She's starting to get sucked into the typical-media-person realm, and it doesn't help that her salary is supporting it. Ah well. Different lifestyle. The market needs people like her to thrive. Many of things I'd like, but I sure as hell ain't going to splurge $150 on a pair of heels, and $100 on a top that's not even a signature piece!

Once the exams are over, I'll be in time for mid-year sales and will buy some trend tops. That means it'll be time to donate my older clothes. Too damn lazy to sell them off.

Back to home. Dearie and I spent the rest of the night in front of the TV. Hardly anything to watch. But we did catch The Pianist. War shows are so sad. At least this one didn't show too much torture. Just alot of shots in the heads. I still cannot wipe off the images that I've seen in movies/shows where they re-enacted torture - like the gas chamber and pumping of water in the stomach. *shiver*

It was 3am when Dearie went back. I slept soundly by the time he got home. Luckily we didn't go catch a late night movie. Might have slept through it.

---

Sunday. Awoke to Ki's sounds of "Ah yee get up. Wake up!"

Little cheeky boy spent the entire afternoon at our place. I played with him lots. But I also caught a few episodes of THe Nanny. Wonderful series. Still funny today.

It wasn't long before 4pm that we prepared to set off for the Civil Service Club @ Bukit Batok.

And that's another post on its own.

Time out for now.
Off to watch the F1 race on tv!

4 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Cool. You've got F1 racing on your StarHub cable TV :) It's one of the few sports on TV i would ever bother to watch ;)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

i read that a BenQ DVD writer was only selling for $75 at the IT show. If that's not a steal, i don't know what is ;p

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

emiryo: Yeah. My taste for food is cheap. Expensive food is usually a waste on me. haha! I've not tried Carl's Jr. Worth a try, if I go Marina Square!

Michael: F1 is nice. Bet your son would love watching it too. Ki loves it - especially when the cars go "boom".
Computer stuff are getting cheaper and cheaper. Goodie goodie. heehee!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

Carl's Jr portions are slightly larger than others. However it's still small compared to its size in the USA.

IT show year in and out its all the same. You see the same big companies there and almost similar product. No mood to go down and squeeze with people this year.

Hope your exam results are good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home