Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Guilty weekend

My only saving grace was having done a couple of short questions for my social psychology module, in school in the morning.

After that, went to Dearie's place to take a nap together ('cos with Ki at my place no one gets to sleep), then at 5pm, it was off to get my spectacles from the optician at the Concourse.

We met Bladey and YL at Spagheddies for dinner. Evon was too busy in the virtual world she couldn't come out to meet her real-world friends. My pig of a sister said something cropped up so she couldn't come. Ah well.

We had a lousy dinner anyway. Mine was fine actually, but the rest had pretty disappointing food - proportionate to the money we paid. So, here's my advice: Don't go to Spagheddies at Paragon for food.

Since Bladey didn't meet YL earlier to get his birthday present (we want to get him some nice shirts), we set off to Wisma Atria for some shopping.

Turns out we didn't get anything. I figured no point forcing him to buy anything when he wasn't in the mood. We were extremely tempted to just pick out what we felt he might wear... but NAH...

Off for a movie we went, and Cineleisure was it. We bought tickets for a 1am show at 9:30pm. HAHAHAHA! We took our time and walked around, and took a room at e2max. It's that place where you can have a few computers in a room and an X-box. Here's the one that we took - 2 PCs and an X-box.



What's a night with a camera without YL and I having ridiculous fun with it?
Here's Bladey who just had to close his eyes when I snapped:

Here's YL being her usual narcissistic self:

Here's me trying to be as narcissistic as YL:

And here's me and Dearie sans prince froggie:

Of course, YL and I just had to do snap some together too:

Just when YL and I finally, after nearly losing all energy to the stupid controllers, reached the last stage of KOF, the bloody power had to shut down because time was up. ARGH.

We went to the cinema and caught Steven Spielberg's MUNICH, which starred THE HULK Eric Bana. Quite a good long show.

I managed to go to bed at 5am...

---
Sunday:
Had to wake up to Ki's callings at 10:30am. So much for studying.


Played with him till my mum sent him back at about 1pm. I managed to read a bit of my social psychology notes, but I finally realise that reading is just not going to cut it.

Somehow, I managed to take a nap and when I woke up - DINNER TIME. I told my mum I should study. Guess what she told me? GO for dinner lahz. You are not going to study.

I shrugged, and zoomed off for dinner.

That night, I spent 3 hours with Dearie watching CSI. Heehee...

---

Today was a hectic day at work.
But what stood out was probably the moment I saw a spider in the lorry I was in.

You see, I was on my way to the bank with my colleague. He was driving the company lorry and I sat beside him in the front. All of a sudden, I see something float down in front of me.

Remember how I mentioned that I am EXTREMELY sensitive to tiny stuff that float around the air? Yep. It triggered the senses in me. I tried to tell myself it was just a large spec of dust or one of those plants whose seeds float around in the air (the ones that you blow and white stuff fly).

But NOOOOOOoooo.. The damned thing stopped mid-air, then moved down again slowly. I tell you there is only ONE THING in this world that would do such a thing and that's a spider.

A freaking lousy evil spider.

I stared wide-eyed at the floating thing. My legs curled up and moved away from it. My colleague started to get worried, wondering what the hell was wrong.

I just kept chanting: SPIDER, SPIDER, SPIDER!

He said: No lah.....

I wanted to believe him, because the spider had its legs all stuck together you couldn't tell if it had legs or not.

Then.. the lousy thing seemed to realise I was inspecting it. It started to climb up it's own web. All 8 legs were in full action. I freaked out again.

"IT'S REALLY A SPIDER! SPIDER! SPIDER!"

I grabbed what I could and prayed to myself: I don't want to kill you, but if it's the only way I can get rid of you then....

*smack*

I didn't get it. Because I didn't see any remnants.

My colleague don't know want to cry or laugh. He pulled over at the nearest bus stop, got out, found it, and helped me smack it out of the lorry at last.

If I weren't so afraid, I'd have snapped a photo of it 'cos I've never seen a spider with white legs and a slightly yellowish body. It was freaky - like every other 8 legged thing. Octopus included.

Anyway, I realised that despite having shrieking and curling up in the passenger's seat, I wasn't embarrassed. According to my social psychology notes, embarrassment happens when an image I want to project is not being interpreted the way I want it by another person.

I thought to myself: Why was I not embarrassed?

I came to realise that at work, in front of my colleagues, I am only concerned with being seen as someone who is hardworking, efficient and easy-to-get-along-and-work-with person. I do not mind letting anyone see the personal side of me.

Same thing with my friends I think. I feel confident about my personal self to let them see whichever side of me it is that's being exposed. I mean, I'm sure there're stuff I'd like to hide (everyone does), but at the moment, I'm pretty happy with being this way.

In the papers during the Idol auditions, there was this girl who said she had to change into her heels because it's what gives her confidence. My gosh. I don't know if that's really what she said or what the papers put in her mouth. I mean, how can a pair of heels give you confidence? It's got to be in you lah. If you're confident in singing, even if you were barefoot you'd feel like you were the best.

And that's what I'm talking about. Showing confidence in just being you. Being happy being you. I'm very happy being myself. And everyone should be entitled to be that way. Real change can only come from within. No one else can make you.

How this post on a guilty weekend turned out to be one on "self" is a wonder. Biangz. Has my social psychology notes finally managed to go into my brain through osmosis when I slept on them???

Time to go sleep on them some more. Heehee!

9 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how many times must i tell u tt u r not supposed to post any double chin photos up! i thot i deleted it! hmmm... i nv ever posted yr double chins up k! i still edit for u... u evil! *book!*

send me e rest of my nicer pictures to my gmail account k? thanks!

btw... to think that u were a pure science student... do u not know tt only water move thru osmosis??? i think words diffuse instead... hmmm... no wonder yr social science also not very powerful ah... heh

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

YL: ah. okok. i remove the photo okie?
the other photos in my house comp. go home then send to you.
Ah yes, I was a pure science student but not because of my science you know? my PSLE science i got a freaking lousy 'B'. See? From young already terok.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger ۍupernaturaL яoץ said...

You lead a colourful life. ;)

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

If only your psychology notes can get transmitted into your brain via osmosis by you sleeping on them. That would be very nice. Then none of us would have to study so hard for our essay exams anymore ;p

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

Well, besides diffusion, you can always burn your notes and drink them though i dont recommend it.

I thought Spagheddies at Paragon was ok. Maybe it was peak period when you went and thats why it sucks? The previous time i went, i liked it.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

supernatural boy: Indeed. My life is jam packed. I love it.

Michael: If only........

Sexual Innuendo: The place wasn't packed yet when we were waiting for our food lehz. Maybe it was really the wrong day, but that's all it's taken to shoo my frenz away from there....

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Chang said...

1 more week to exams liao still go play game and watch movie.

Anyway, wat's the E2Max room charges? I also wanna try one time.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Haha..have been reading your past few posts and realise your entries are berry long ar!!!

But it's true you lead a splendid and colorful life. Reminds me of myself when I was young and hot! hahah

Don't worry about your studies. Those subjects you mentioned, well I went through the same torture. But instead of memorizing and all other unorthodox methods as suggested by some of your fans here (hehee), i developed my own studying system. Works well for me. If you are keen, drop me an email. I will send you my secret manual! :P

Take care babe!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

emiryo: YL dun wanna let you see her double chin lehz... hahaha!

Chang: charges for the room you gotta ask ZR. I think it's about $10 a room.

Elvina: Yeah. when I post, it's a VERY long post huh? Thanks for withstanding the torture. heehee! my life too many things going on liaoz. Check your email soon! :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home