Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Proof that I am indeed Juz Another Gal

I couldn’t focus on anything on Monday. He still didn’t reply my smses. I felt as if I was suffocating. (Today, I read that it IS possible to die from a broken heart. Wow.)

Anyway, I planned to go over and look for him after class. Then I realised an important detail: he wasn’t online when I checked in the evening. This meant that chances were he wasn’t home. He didn’t contact me, so I figured I Bladey to try asking. Of course, he replied him. He said he’d be home at 11+.

Instead of roaming outside on my own, I went home first, then left the house at about 11:30pm in hopes for a talk. I tried calling before I left, but his handphone was off.

I sat on his doorstep for a while. Before long, YL was calling me, and it was as if my sister, her bf and YL were on a frantic search for where I was. Bladey knew very well where I was and my intentions. I spoke to YL a bit on the phone. As it went past midnight, I figured maybe I should write a note and paste it on his door.

I know they were all concerned for me when even his mother started sms-ing me. Damn. I must be such a seriously monotonous person that no one believes that I can indeed do something out of the blue, in the spur of a moment.

As I was writing mid-way, he walked up the steps and our eyes met. Was it the feeling of meeting someone so familiar? Or was it of seeing a stranger?

For the rest of the time, I was doing the speaking. I cried and mumbled through the first half, but repeated it in a much more coherent manner when the sobs stopped. All this time, he just stood there and nodded. There was no quarrel, but I dare say the communication was pretty one-sided. But it was kind of what I expected. And I went there to do what I intended to – tell him my feelings.

I don’t know what time I left. In the cab, I replied a few smses that had come in earlier. I was emotionally tired.

This morning, I woke up and felt as if a part of me had died. Have I already built a wall around me these 2 days? I feel as if the heartache is now a soft pain in the background, a familiar hurt.

I start to think what I could do, or what anyone else could do, to make me feel better. I thought of warm hugs, flowers, surprises… Nothing seemed like it would be spontaneous enough to display some sort of sincerity.

Am I expecting him to “win me back”? Has he already lost me?

I do not wish to think he has. I am unsure of what I am feeling. What I am expecting. Maybe, as the day goes by, I will feel better and my feelings will become clearer.

Some things I used to say jokingly to my friends, that they should teach him some pointers how to treat me, what he could do for me, etc etc… Maybe I should have said them in a more serious manner. But then again, it ought to be my job to tell him what I expect him to do. He can’t read my mind.

But the flipside is neither can I read his.

I don’t know if I mean anything to him. I don’t know if I am important to him. I don’t know if he will notice if I disappeared. If the answer is yes to all, I don’t know how I expect him to show it. Maybe just whisper to me huh? Hahaha… Despite being as much a practical, low maintenance person, I am higher maintenance on the emotional side?

All girls need a tinge of romance. Holding my hands and looking into my eyes counts too. I don’t need diamonds or flowers, soft toys or gadgets. See how low maintenance I am? Ah well….

To all who left comments in my previous post (emiryo, Sexual Innuendo, Crayola, Ghost, Chang): Thank you. I know it’s a communication problem. It probably still is. But I am darn sure I have done my best as whatever a girlfriend can do. I just need some reassurance – like all girls need. Every comment you take the time to leave gives me support and more food for thought. I always enjoy reading comments. ALWAYS.

Bladey: Thanks for keeping me company via sms and msn. I know all I need to tell him is to read my blog. But I’ve already done that and he doesn’t bother. Like I said: If you friends tell him, then maybe he will. :O)

Alvin: You’ve been sweet as usual. Thank you.

YL, my sis and her bf: Don’t worry about me. Try to make HIM worried about me instead. Haha… You all know how happy I am with him. How every moment snuggling with him brings out a naïve and innocent side of me. Unfortunately, my love needs reciprocation. I’m a lot stronger emotionally than I am physically. I usually get over it fast. You all should know that by now right? Heehee…

3 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

sorry girl, I just came across. I hope i"m not too late to give you some thoughts of mine.

I agree, every girl need affection every now and then, no matter how low maintanence or strong they are, afterall, females ARE FROM VENUS, they need that assurance every now and then.

Sometimes, a relationship needs to go into a pause & sorrow in order to moth-ify into a blossom relationship.

I dunno how tired are you mentally, but no problem is too small or too trivial if we can really do something about it. Is he the one you want?

IF so, no matter how screw up things are, u'll just move forward without regrets.

If not.. you gotta use this opportunity to think things through.

Be the chess player. not the chess....

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

Gals i spoke to always say, all they look for in a guy is someone who cares and really loves her. In return, the gal will stick with the guy all the way.

I know that this is true as i am a living example of it. Still there is the usual maintenance of a gal.

Sometimes even lovers need a break too. However dont let this break turn into a permanent one. Give yourselves some time to cool it and things might be better.

I know you are tired after doing so much and getting almost no result in return. Know that i cant really say much or help you in here, but you might wanna rethink your relationship and your position if things dont improve.

My 2 cents worth.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger blueapple said...

Erm... yup.. i agreed with what Sexual Innuendo said.

Not that i want to be wet blanket or what.. (sorry for my straight-forward).. u have already done so much and yet he dont bothers.. u really need to think again lo...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home