Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

CNY Part 3 - Visiting

First stop for Monday morning was the temple at Punggol. Yes. All the way to the other end of the island, but hey, it's only once a year. My mum kinda grew up there. I quite like the place too - probably because of the cats.

Yep, there're 4 cats there all well-fed by people with soft spots for animals like me. They're bathed by the helpers in the temple and very well taken care of.

Ki likes cats too. He likes to say meow and stare at them intently. Seeing me touch one, he reached out and did the same.

He did his usual running about but look at him suddenly look so "innocent" when in front of my mum's friend.

I spent quite abit of time just stroking this cat.

Give me any furry little thing (spiders not included) and I'll probably be stroking it too. Animals are wonderful.

Ki explored the temple some more.

Then it was time to move to our next location.

My sister and her boyfriend drove their van behind my dad's car to my uncle's place. Needless to say, Ki managed to get his share of fun again.

From there, we went to have lunch at an Indian place nearby. Since I don't eat Indian food - it's not my fault that my taste buds do not like the spices - I enjoyed 2 prata kosongs. Probably the only Indian food I eat. Yummy stuff.

We headed over to my mum's friend's place around the area. She's a very rich lady staying in a humble 3 room flat. Her money in other houses I think. Not to mention her daily expenses (because she doesn't work), and her daily gym and spa sessions.

Super tai-tai life.
I like.
Heehee!

Anyway, it was probably already 1pm when we left and headed to a cousin's place. My cousin's kids, thankfully, were ever so kind to Ki. Not only did her boy play with him...

..he even gave Ki the toy gun he was messing with!

Now how many kids would do that?! That boy really sweet. Ki should learn from him how to behave ah.

Well, I was exhausted by the time we left. My dad's car must have been too 'cos it started acting up. The stupid alarm kept coming on and off. Luckily for us, my sis BF managed to fix the problem. He messed with the car and tada! After quite a while we were on the road again.

My parents sent Ki and his parents home, then dropped me off at Dearie's grandma's place. Exhausted, but still managed to stay awake over there. Grabbed more ang pows, and soon it was time to head home.

This year, I didn't open to see how much I got until a few days after collecting everything. It was just something I took from people who gave me. If they didn't, I honestly wouldn't even have noticed. I think I growing old. Otherwise it was the visiting that just wore me out so bad. First time go around so much in years.

Dearie and I reached my place probably at 4plus. THe both of us lay on the bed and zonked off soundly till 8pm when the phone rang to wake us up. Our sleep was so deep I wonder how many times the phone had rung already.

Dearie and I watched TV that night as usual. Finally didn't need to move from the seat. We just sat there and enjoyed the feeling of being lazy.

I don't know how going house to house can be this tiring, but it turned out to be just that. Absolutely draining. But then again, it could be that I'm just weak. Heehee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home