Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

A career for me?

My colleague was talking to me yesterday. He said I ought to plan ahead and vision myself 5 years down the road.

Funny, because although it is not as if I have never done that before, but when it comes to work, I never really bothered to think so much. Honestly, 5 years down the road, I only hope that I'll be married happily, hopefully with an HDB flat in a good location and maybe baby on the way?

Let's see now.. Where do I want to be 5 years later in my career?

I want to be drawing a minimum of $2800. I am willing to take on any jobs/responsibilities/tasks that are thrown my way.

Other than that, I realised when he asked me the question I have no plans on how to get there. Except for being armed with a degree (by then I hope I get it), and several years of work experience plus that of "working" in the band, I must say I have good prospects. Only that my job is in the administrative field and it is not a line where it is that appreciated and so, not much chances of moving "up" the ladder.

Trust me. The only "up" moving I'm looking forward to is only on the salary scale.

I really didn't know how to answer him when he casually asked but he really jogged my mind quite a bit. I started pulling out my alternative routes had I not been in this job – which really is teaching. I wanted to go into NIE and later teach secondary school but somehow it never happened.

You see, I never really had much ambition. Ambition to move up the corporate ladder to be a manger with several subordinates… ZILCH. You know what I want to do instead? I want to do anything music related. Work on the set of a musical, be a piano teacher, that kind of thing where the task is what everyone is concerned about and not anything else.

I take the same attitude to work. As long as it is within my abilities to get the job done, rest assured I'll take it up, but with proper guidance of course.

In case you're thinking: wah, so good worker ah?! I shall make myself clear by saying I am no angel. This is not to say I'm one of those bitchy kinds. Hell no. I suffered the wrath of one and told myself I'd never dwindle down to be one.

I'm the "lazy" kind. Yep. The kind who would try to steal a few minutes here and there to stare into blank space or surf the internet. Yeah, I get the work done, but the work would've been done faster if not for all these "breaks". Oops!

On a separate note, I'm tempted to go catch Sebastian Tan in Broadway Beng. Anyone going to watch it?

Oh, and this is what I came across at Sgforums at An angry Ann Kok.
I don't know how it was done sia. How to capture TV stuff onto your computer and convert it into a moving .gif? Wow.
But I guess everyone's wowing at her pink bra instead eh? Haha! I don't watch channel 8 so I don't know what show it was from. Busy with American Idol lahz.

Very exhausting day from running around for my office CNY gathering. Funny how a short and small little gathering is so much work. I think it shouldn't be - only my inexperience and inefficiency made it tiring.

I still enjoyed myself. Told ya I like organising these things. Heehee...

Tomorrow's going to be another unproductive day. Ah well. See how it goes. Looking forward to the long holiday, that's all.

I really need to get new specs and heels. Maybe during these holidays.............
But damn it, when am I ever going to start studying?!

3 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

Study is good. Study hard if you can. Dun reach to a point when u wanna study but u can never do it.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Hahahaha. The Ann Kok Thing I Told Spiny When It Was Showing On TV.
But He Was Too Late ! WUHAHAHA !
Yah, Studying Is Good. I'm Also Thinking About It. I Scared Later Like Sec Sch Lydat. REPEAT.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

That Ann Kok Pic is from her 9pm show Love Concierge.

Yeah study is good. I hope to return to studying soon. Most importantly, follow your dreams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home