Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Signs of getting stressed up

For a while I stopped listening to Class 95. I really liked it when Glenn and Rod were together on air. Now, apparently, even while they’re apart, they still manage to tickle me with their silly antics.

Mouthing off at each other while one is on the morning shift and the other on drive-time evening shift, Rod and Jean Danker (his new partner) has written and RECORDED half a song “inspired by Glenn Ong”. What the hell. I couldn’t help but laugh real hard at it. You’ve got to hear it for yourself sia.

It’s been busy at work. School’s been the same. Class equally boring – and I am just as clueless about my studies. All the adrenaline I had has been used for Year 1. I honestly don’t see how I can make it past this year’s exams.

Oh, and the damn spiders are STILL there. Anyone who goes to SIM should just marvel at their strong webs. I’m amazed no one has knocked into the webs yet.

Last night a miracle happened: I was washing my hands in the toilet at school. I looked up into the mirror just to check that I don’t give people heart attacks as I walk by. I glanced at a familiar figure in the back of the mirror and was about to ignore it when it hit me. It was YX! My goodness. What are the odds. I’ve known her for about 10 years now? These 2 years everytime our gang asks her out she’s always citing reasons that she’s busy, etc. Ah well… It’s nice to see her again after so long.

I am addicted to constantly prowling cozycot’s Swap section for buys. Oh no… It’s just so wrong. Keep buying stuff. As if that’s not bad enough, I should be using the time I spend shopping on my studies.

Anyone willing to give me free tuition on Principles of Accounting? Until now I don’t know what Gearing Ratio is, how to do absorption or whatever costing, and what “contribution” means. Plenty of other stuff I don’t know – to the extent that I don’t even know what they’re called to write it up here.

The rest of my subjects.. er… Let’s just say I’ll focus on my core modules of POA and Marketing. If I fail the other two… I can always choose to take them next year or change another subject altogether.

5 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gearing ratio: A general term describing a financial ratio that compares some form of owner's equity (or capital) to borrowed funds. Gearing is a measure of financial leverage, demonstrating the degree to which a firm's activities are funded by owner's funds versus creditor's funds.

The higher a company's degree of leverage, the more the company is considered risky. As for most ratios, an acceptable level is determined by its comparison to ratios of companies in the same industry. The best known examples of gearing ratios include the debt-to-equity ratio (total debt / total equity), times interest earned (EBIT / total interest), equity ratio (equity / assets), and debt ratio (total debt / total assets).

A company with high gearing (high leverage) is more vulnerable to downturns in the business cycle because the company must continue to service its debt regardless of how bad sales are. A greater proportion of equity provides a cushion and is seen as a measure of financial strength.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Your Signs of getting stressed got posted twice ;p

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

eeks! i didn't even know! it just proves the point!!!

anthony: Thanks for the explanation. I think i need to overcome my fear of the jargon. :O)

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no need to feel streesed out. i used to hate POA as well... in fact, i passed only at the 3rd attempts... Practice is the word.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger blueapple said...

i like the songs at night.. hosted by Yas.. keke.. and this program really suits her well cause her voice sound so deep.. =/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home