Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, January 09, 2006

A "Happening" Saturday Night

Like I said, THE KI was here on Saturday afternoon. As usual - house turns upside down, inside out.

He's mighty proud of his "work" on the house.

Anyway, I was to get ready for Ministry Of Sound (MoS) that night. Dearie was due to come meet me at about 8pm. By 7:30pm, I was still not ready. There was no call for me to hurry, so I took my time to get dressed.

Mind you, there is only one type of informal occasion that I'll dress up for purposely and that is for clubbing. It's been a long while since I've gone clubbing, and not to mention THE club of the moment.

I put on my new clothes. My cute mummy insisted on taking a photo of me in the new getup - even when I hadn't even combed my hair or put on any makeup.

Don't ask me why my mummy had to take the photo from such an odd angle. I look like fat sia. Hahaha! Funny thing is Ki saw my mum preparing the camera and he insisted on standing with me with snowman. So cuuuuute!

Even after my mummy passed me the camera, Ki insisted on me sitting down so he could just sit on my lap. This was the only shot I managed to get with him sliding down my get up.

He refused to let me put on my make-up .. until my parents said they were going to bring him to push "small trolley" at Jelita. He jumped off immediately and ran away. Ah.

I took my time with make-up and only ran my comb through my hair. I got my bag packed and was ready to reach for my shoes. Dearie, by then, had told me his buds were probably going there at 10pm or so. I expected him to be at my place at about 9.

I opened the cabinet and was shocked to discover that my black pair of heels were destroyed. Seriously. They looked like they were chewed on by a dog. They'd been with me for at least 2 years. Nothing to be heartbroken over. Good chance to go shoe-shopping.

I hunted around for another pair of heels and found one belonging to the pig's. Didn't match 100%, but they had to do. Until I stood up. I realised I was almost walking on full tip-toes.

By the time Dearie came over, my parents were already back with Ki. Needless to say, Ki had the most wonderful time with Dearie. I, however, was getting mighty restless. All dressed up and ready to be seen, I wanted to get out of the house. Even my mummy wanted me out. I chose my own pair of not-as-appropriate pink heels and got out. I rather look "almost" perfect, than look perfect and trip (or land up with an injured back).

Dearie and I left at about 10pm I think. Only that we didn't figure out where we wanted to go. We walked to the MRT station and settled for Chinatown. Why? Dearie turned hungry and needed his second dinner. Ah.

So I was dressed up nicely at a hawker centre and waited for him to finish his food. By then I was already pretty pissed off. I was pretty much ignoring him. We walked our way to MoS after. It was 11:30pm. His friends were already there.

I was most pissed off about having taken the effort to look good yet being completely ignored for it. I'll admit that PMS wasn't exactly helping the situation. Yes, I know when it's PMS, but I do not like holding off the "pissed-off-ness" in me so Dearie always lands up being my punching bag.

With this knowledge, and knowing that he is such the silly little boy who doesn't understand what I'm pissed off about, I just blurted them all out. He ah... really don't know how to cheer me up one. Blech. I don't know to laugh or cry. He is so much like my dad. Absolutely clueless. So irritating, but so incredibly funny.

Well, we reached the place and I wasn't very pleased with the queue, although it was definitely a whole load better than the previous weeks. We queued and within 20mins, we were at the doors waiting to pair our admission fee.

Dearie paid for our fare and helped me check my handbag in. The place was definitely too crowded for me to bring a bag in. Let alone a brand new one.

We met up with his bud on the right of the club - the one playing trance (or whatever you call it). He led us in, and lo and behold, there was a freaking ESCALATOR in the club!!! Wow.

Once we got up, we met Linda, Joanne and Lindy. I thought they were part of the group we were supposed to meet but I managed to hear their conversation that they just bumped into each other there. Mighty coincidental. Haha!

Their reactions when they saw me: Wah, you really dressed up leh.
I guess they've never seen me go clubbing before. Pretty sure of that. Anyway, to me, it was regular clubbing wear. Nothing special except it was new and I obviously liked it.

Actually, Weitang later said the same thing to me about being dressed up. Hmm.. well, it's the only chance I get to be dressy so why not go all the way with it? Again, I stress that I rather shock/stun people once in a while than look great to them all the time. There's more surprise. I love surprises.

I met up with Dearie's gang made up of Weitang (my sec classmate also), Junming (this one I don't really know, but met a few times), another couple, Wee Yin (my sec 2 classmate) and 2 of my primary school mates. What a super small world I tell you. Dearie's friends happen to all be my friends and everyone's linked in some way or another.

Wee Yin used to be this really soft spoken girl. Definitely not the girl you'd find in a club and dressed up looking great. But she is now. It was so wonderful to see her again! She looked fantastic. I didn't go down to the dance floor with her, but she did bring me one round around the 2nd floor we were on. She herself wasn't very sure of the place so that was as far as we ventured.

We went to the white room (Pure) and went past the retro room. Stopped by the toilet to see the almost see-through doors and people snapping posed shots there. Also saw MANY MANY VIP rooms. Wow. Thie "trance" portion was huge and thankfully wasn't as packed as I'd expected.

Dearie and I later made our way to the bottom floor to check out the R&B portion. I definitely liked the music there better, but it was ridiculously packed. Not worth spending time there unless you had a table to yourself, or a really large group of friends there.

I think that was all that was interesting for the night. It is just like any other happening club. The queues now are controlled quite well. I like that the bag deposit is FOC and that the bar stools are much more comfortable than any other club's.

Dearie was almost falling asleep at the club. I'd finished both my free drinks so it was time to leave soon. Just then, Dearie found out that Zhenyuan, Edwin and his gf were outside the club asking us for supper! Woohoo!

There was still some Chivas left so Weitang "saved" it under his name and we left for supper. It was pouring outside. Wow.

We went to Chinatown for supper in 3 separate cars. Had some porridge and as usual, loved the time spent with them.

I'm not very much a chiong-ster, so unless people jio, I don't think I'm very keen on getting smoke in my hair and clothes again. If asked to go, rest assured I'll still be dolled up and this time, hope that the R&B portion is not as packed - although hopes for that are not high at all.

Dearie stayed over at my place. Even when he was supposed to go home. Awww... This time, I fell asleep just as quickly as he did. Thanks to the alcohol.

---

Needless to say, Kiki woke us up the next morning. It rained the entire Sunday. Dearie and I stayed on the couch the whole time other than when we were playing with Kiki.

Dearie was so tired later that afternoon, he just lay on the couch while I messed around with Ki.

Poor boy didn't want to go home. THe first words when he awoke from his nap were: I don't want to go home. Ah.. but alas, home is where he belongs.

Now, Dearie is enjoying his gaming at long last, while I'm hoping that Ren Ci gets enough calls to last the year. I just made a call when Venerable Ming Yi cried. Hey, everyone else are actors and actresses. They can cry at the snap of one's fingers. Venerable Ming Yi always kept a straight face no matter how happy or sad he was, but tonight when he broke down.... I'm sorry sia... I just felt that I had to do my part and call.

Ren Ci is the only charity show I call for.

One day I hope charity shows are more of stage plays/musicals. I mean, they're actors and actresses, singers and dancers. Why not make use of those talents instead of making them do stunts?

Ok. The show's ending now. I hope they'll be able to have enough to cover their basic costs of operating for the whole year.

Time for me to go to bed now. I need the sleep. TOmorrow got class. And if there're no changes to plans, I'll be heading for Eskibar at Holland Village after.

I've been drinking again all of a sudden. Hmm.. Social drinker I am. As long as I'm with friends, what the hey. I'll let loose. You live life to enjoy it after all.

---

MUST WATCH VIDEO!!! Super funny!!!
Photo booth

And anyone familiar with Steven Seagal would appreciate this.

5 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger F¡яєвџяN said...

steven. s...call himself actor? wahlau eh!! hahaha

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger socute333 said...

i love steven seagal movies!!!!! he is in a class of his own......

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger blueapple said...

Ahhh... i was also touched by Ming Yi Fa Shi.. =[

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

hahaha!~ steven seagul good for actioooon! other than that.. er....

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Dina R. D'Alessandro said...

I feel like I haven't stopped by in forever, so I'm catching up. The Steven Seagal emotional chart is hysterical!

Go check this out, too:
http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

(Am I allowed to post web addresses on these comments? If not, feel free to delete.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home