Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

T'was a Christmas of gatherings (Part 2)

Christmas Day (Sunday):
My mum woke Dearie and I up 'cos the part-time maid wanted to clean the room. I finally crawled out of bed about 2 hours later. Heehee...

Dearie sent me to ki's place then went home to bathe and change. I was greeted by this pretty sight.

Ki was celebrating his 3rd birthday on Christmas Day, 3 days earlier from his real birthday.

He was thrilled to see me at his place. My mum asked me to go over earlier to play with him. Everyone else would join in later. That's what happens when you've got transport I guess.

Anyway, it was Ki so it's always a pleasure to see him. Happy little boy crashed onto his mummy's giant pooh bear in the living room. He loves to snuggle up with it.

No easy task to keep the hyper-active kid in one spot. His mummy and I played with him as much as we could, from throwing stuff for him to catch..

..to letting him snuggle up with me..

..to letting him watch the karang guni man at work..

..back to squashing pooh..

..and shooting his mummy..

I tried to get a shot with him but he kept struggling. The more I asked him to look at the camera, the more he tilted his head back to hide his face. This was the best shot that managed to capture him with his head up.

I believe an hour passed. He did more running, then Dearie finally came up, nice and fresh.

Ki was getting even more excited now. He knew more people were coming over. Shortly after my parents and younger sis came through the door. Little naughty boy showed off all his toys and was all hyped about the other toys all wrapped up in a corner of the house where his mummy had gathered them.

We tried to keep Ki distracted.

To no avail. He insisted on opening at least one present.

His long awaited big fire engine my mum bought for him.

Finally out of the wrapper, out of the box.

Meanwhile, Dearie found something to unwrap for himself - my brother-in-law's white PSP. You can bet Dearie had a nice time messing around with it while he was there.

(In the photo you can see Dearie hasn't opened the case yet so nope, you can't see it's white inside.)

It was lunch time for Ki so we made him eat bee hoon before playing anything else. Needless to say, with mouthfuls like that, there was food all over the chair, his shirt and the floor.

Not long after, the cake was out.

2kg ice cream cake from Swensons, complete with choo-choo train ok?

He blew the candles out - sort of, cos his mummy had to help him really. Can you see the uncanny resemblence between them?

Ki had more fun running around the house playing with everyone after cake-cutting.

Dearie took that chance to take over Ki's fire engine. I tell you those 2 can share the same toys and be equally happy.

Then it was time. Time for us to go off. It was already 3:45pm. Ki cried so hard we all felt sorry for him. He was clinging to my mum saying he didn't want anyone else. Poor little boy.

We still left. I mean, what could we do? The grandparents on the other side carried him and brought him out for a walk when we left. I think he stopped crying, but the sadness in his eyes.. sigh... how can anyone stand being a weekend-parent if the kid cries like that? As his auntie I already buey tahan.

Well that was just part 1 of my Christmas day.

Part 2 saw me and Dearie go over to his aunt's place for their every-public-holiday gathering.
World of Warcraft had taken over every kid in his family (from RI kid to sec 1 girl). Every single one of them. Damn Blizzard.

Dearie and I enjoyed the fantastic food (as usual). I had no interest in the games, though I tried, so I watched The Descent in the living room, followed by The Cave. Both very similar, but all right lah. Watch on DVD still ok, don't think I'm willing to pay $9.50 for these shows though.

It was Sunday night. As usual, Dearie sent me home, but this time he napped for about an hour while I bathed and cleaned up the room before hitting for our CSI marathon till midnight. Heehee!

We were both exhausted, but I'm happy to be exhausted with him... in his arms... What a wonderful family Christmas day.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

i always enjoy looking at the photos of your adorable nephew because he reminds me of my 2.5 year-old hyperactive very mischievous son :)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

heehee! my pleasure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home