Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Friday, December 23, 2005

The Christmas spirit

The spirit of giving and taking. For the entire morning, I received, for the first time ever, the most number of presents in a day when it wasn't even my birthday!

From left: Gingerbread man (edible), a bar of soap (the kind with many benefits) in a very nice box, a cup with cover, a handphone key chain + a special huge paper clip (received yest), and a message holder.

Wow. I was actually planning to go Christmas shopping this evening, but I did figure that it'd be too packed to get anything. I mean, the queues alone are bad enough. No way.

I landed up going to Holland Village to settle some work stuff, and at the same time shopped around for presents. I really did my best to pick out what each person might like. Got a some chocolates from the chocolate shop and couple of soft toys for the ladies (ok, maybe I should've just stuck to all chocolate huh?). Anyway, it was really thoughtful for each of them to give me something. I just had to get something back for them. Albeit them being really quite lousy pressies. I'm so going to improve next year.

While I was shopping, I just had to stop by this shop and picked this out.

Can't help it. I just had to buy it. 'Cos only $10. HEEHEE...
Then I went to splurge $12.90 on a freaking cylinder of mascara. All the shopping just made me want to buy buy buy!!! I even wanted to buy magazines, but didn't have enough hands to carry any more so had to head back to office.

---

While I was packing up and getting ready to leave the office, my colleague came over to pass some work stuff to me. Then he asked, "Boss they all are drinking at Cold Bar. Wanna go?"

WAAAAH. Got pple jio me go drink lehz. Happening sia. Heehee.. By boss I mean my GM. My mouth itchy so I said OK. I don't believe it. I actually said ok and really went with him.

It was a nice quiet ulu spot. I decided to fit in a little and took on a beer. Do note that I have only tasted beer. I never really liked it partially because of how it can make girls fat. Numerous other reasons. Still, my itchy mouth say, "Ok. Beer."

The peeps there were probably all managers. I was the only lowly subject, but on the upside, I was the only female - plus I was the youngest. The guys tried to speak a little restrictively in front of me, but eventually the relaxed speech started flowing out. Not like I minded. I've been around people who speak worse and never once were apologetic. Some more, some people who spoke like that were girls. Haha!

I sat in. Listened. Laughed. Funny bunch of fellas. I liked the eye opener experience. Hope next time they go KTV can jio me. But then, I don't think they're going to be singing Jay Chou songs. More like Chen Lei I guess. Still, I don't mind. Again, will be an eye opener to me. Maybe then I'll sing newer songs, they'll know what their sons and daughters singing. HAHAHAHA!

Interesting night. First time I finished an entire mug of beer on my own. (23 yrs old 1st time drink a mug of beer? Damn loser huh? 'Cos I used to drink hard liquor (mixed) mah...) I told my mum when I came back. She wasn't happy and kept asking if I was drunk. ?!??!

My parents have gone to IMM. They asked if I wanted to tag along but I've had a very long day. A long week to be exact. I need some rest. Some alone time now. Ki will be coming over soon. No one can rest with him around. And when ki's around, my mum always gets happy again. Heehee!~

---

I bought this last week at Marine Parade (remember that entry?). My dad paid for it but it's sitting on my bed. Lovely. It's soft and very cuddly. I think it's foam beads inside. Good quality stuff. Only $12 I think. Max.


---

Yesterday night there was some confusion over Evon's birthday dinner that the entire thing got cancelled. I figured to use the chance to pop a surprise to her. Best thing about it was that Dearie was game for it. So we made our way down to her house with flowers, cake and her present. We walked from floor to floor 'cos we couldn't remember which was her unit - until we got to the one where we could here a dog bark.
Yep. That was it.

Her mum opened the door and I had a nice time talking to her and messing with the dog while Evon got ready for dinner with us and Bladey - who'd meet us there directly. Sure perked her up! Heehee!

We had the best seafood ever at Sin Hoi San. Damn good food. Damn good service. And it wasn't even that expensive. So happy to get to meet up. They spent 90% of the time talking about WOW but hey, it's her day - though it seemed as if it was Dearie's who was beaming from start meal till we went back. We started eating at 9+ I think. By the time we left the place it was already past midnight. Yep, we ate that much and talked that much.

---

Christmas is in the air. Can you feel it yet?

I love the holiday season. There're always too many presents to buy, too many to give, too many apppointments to meet - but all these only mean I have that many people around me. That I'm not alone here.

I love my life.

6 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Chang said...

The "Zhi Char" Was Damm Good Rite. Can You Imagine I Saw Andy Lau There When I Was Like Sec3? Go There Buy Supper Den See Andy Lau. Can Faint Sia.

Superb CRABS THEY SELL RITE. Zhenrong Keep Saying Why I Nv Bring Him Go There Eat Since It's SO NEAR My House.

If You Everytime Stick With Me And Zhenrong, You Can Hear More Worse Things When We Talk. There Is No Such Word As "Restriction" Between Us Even If There Is Za Bor Around.

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger F¡яєвџяN said...

merry xmas

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Nobody said...

Merry Christmas!!!

You lucky gal got so many presents... I havent received anything for Xmas for a long time.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger blueapple said...

The top nice! And some more $10 only...

Merry Christmas! ;)

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

merry christmas!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Merry Christmas to y'all too!!! :O)

Blueapple: Go to Holland V, 2nd floor above bee cheng hiang see if any more cheap tops bah! heehee!

Chang: next time all go together there and eat. heehee! i dun eat much, so u all eat wat i just leech off. haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home