Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My Christmas present came early

Prologue (sort of):
Dearie likes the CSI marathons on Sunday nights on AXN. They're from 9pm-12mn and we'll both hog the living room TV and couch. He had already set aside the Sunday that just passed for his catching up on sleep and gaming. I didn't want to insist him to come over so I hogged the tv and couch on my own.

My story:
Nah, I didn't get the digital piano...
.. or the digital camera ...
.. or the watch ...
.. nor any of the DVDs...

What I did get was a call at 10:35pm on Sunday (actually I missed the SMS at 10:30, thus the call). Anyway this was the gist of it:
"I come over and watch CSI for 1 hour, ok?"

To be honest, one of the thoughts that popped into my mind was that the WOW server was down and he couldn't do anything else. Haha! Or that because he simply forgot about CSI and remembered when I msn-ed him when I left the comp for tv.

He reached at 11pm, just in time for CSI: Miami to start. I got the Twisties and his packet Milo out by then and enjoyed yet another episode of CSI.

What a nice surprise right? Don't wanna care so much about the reason 'cos the fact that he made the effort to come down was good enough for me. My sweet boy. Haha!

We caught the first half of the Arsenal vs Chelsea match and it was waaaay past my bedtime by then. Dearie trotted along home for more gaming.

---

Last night, my sister and I were talking about make-up, accessories, and the likes of dressing up. I am not very much into dressing up because I don't go out alot. From my blog entries you'd know that I'm either always in school, work, or home.

My sister on the other hand goes out quite a lot. She's got a range of shoes, a packed wardrobe, all sorts of make-up, perfume, etc. etc. etc....

She said that girls must dress up else they fall into the trap of feeling the lack of need to do so. I guess I'm one of those. She was saying how much difference mascara and an eyelash curler can make.

The media and pretty people around me have already proven that and more. Sigh. I want to be pretty also, but sometimes I don't see the point. Sure, if there's a dinner, gathering, or maybe I'm heading to town, rest assured I'll doll up; but not if I'm just going to clementi central or westmall. Got no money, no time, how to be pretty?

Maybe I should invest some time and money into dolling up huh? But that would mean eating into time that could be spent with kiki, my family, Dearie or friends - meaning I'll probably be late to meet them. Haha! And it'll eat into my sleep 'cos make-up doesn't disappear when you sleep. One needs to use make-up remover to remove. Kaoz.

I told Dearie that he's stuck with an ugly duckling for at least the next 2 years. Guess his reply on msn?

HEHEHEHEHE

Win liaoz. Argh. I just felt so demoralised at that point I logged off and went to bed. He said he didn't say anything - and I had to tell him that that was precisely what made me feel worse. Then his reply best: Next time I say more things k?
BIANGZ!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha! I tell you if it's other girls I think cold war for 1 week ah! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
I not so evil. I just told him he's exactly the kind of guy people stereotype guys to be. How to be angry with him? Haha!

I don't feel so ugly now. Still, I may just like to work on my appearance abit more. I'll see about it.

Work is hectic. School is stressing me out with more and more stuff that I do not understand each week. Band also got alot of issues I need to settle. The multiple hats is pressing on me real bad.

I ask you, with so many responsibilities on my mind, how the heck am I going to bother about how I look? No time is one thing. I don't have money to spend on so many shoes, bags, accessories, hair, clothes, perfume, blah blah blah blah blah...

People I am not familiar with, or need to create a good first impression (eg: formal meetings with external parties), of course I doll up lahz.

But is physical appearance that important to the people whom I already know? I am more interested in getting to know the real you than inspecting your external package. Ok lahz, look presentable and pleasant bah, so at least other people see my friends won't think they mixing with some ungroomed idiot.

Ah well.. time's up. Must get back to work.

14 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger cRayola said...

Hmmm.. Wake up 5 minutes earlier.. You will realise you can accomplish lots of things...

Well, girls do put on makeup. It gives them a sense of confidence to face the world...

What works best for a gal out of rship is a total makeover... See makeup is so-so important...

Sorry for my jesting

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Chang said...

When Going Out, Put MakeUp Is Ok One. But Go Central This Type Think Dun Need Bah.

Girls Do Need To Put On Make-Up One. Arbo Long Liao U'll Be Lazy To Put Make-Up Den Will Become " Huang Lian Po ".

I Guy I Dun Put Make-Up But I Comb My Hair Very Frequently If You Noticed.

And Dun Worry Bah, His Answers Are Always Lydat. He Like To "HeHe" Or " LOLOLOLOLOL " Or " Ahhhhh ". And He's Already Yours Liao Mah, Wat For Mind His Remarks. You Also Dun Mind His THICK-LIPS Liao.
Wuhahahaha. Opps =X

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Hmm.. well, i actually felt pretty confident until last night. then again, i'm gaining it back right now. if people cannot see me for who i am beyond make-up, then too bad for them.

see how lahz. got more time and money then say. now both also dun have. already feeling so guilty when i blog cos i shld be doing work stuff, band stuff or study stuff.

oh. and of course mind his remarks lahz! kaoz.. i'm still susceptible to people's remarks one lehz. people i dunno i can't be bothered but people who know me............

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger blueapple said...

Hmmm.. pretty or not, confidence is the most important!

As the saying goes, 世界上没有丑女人,只有懒女人. ;b

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

ya. i'm the half lazy type. haha! anyone can be pretty - just need time and money only. my dearie already so poor liaoz.. i'm not that much better. e money better spent enjoying myself like going out with friends.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Yah Lah ! Should Spend Money On Enjoying ! Example Is Watching 5566 ! ! ! =X

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

hahaha! i'm waiting for jay chou to come again sia! damn it.. i bloody missed michael buble, michael bolton, tao zhe and wu yue tian this year. ARGH.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

I find CSI series a bit uncomfortable to watch. What with all the grisly murders and mutilated body parts ;p

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

I guess your boyfriend probably would like the move Descent too :)

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger -Jeanie. said...

haha.makeup really make a different. next time i show u a photo of my without makeup. haha.

but still, confident is the most important on earth =)

haha. have confident = good look.!

u are already very nice and sweet =)

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Yah Lor. You're Already Very Nice Liao. Sweet And Nice Person With A SUPERB Singing Voice.
Sometimes Must Make-Up Abit. Arbo You Can Do Those Light Make-Up Lor, To Make Your Face Abit Pinkish.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Michael: CSI is so gooood. educational too! hahahaha!

Jeanie: awww.. thanks... that's so very sweet of you!!! yeah. make-up can make a huge diff. i see my sister at home can tell liaoz.

Ah Chang: Thank you too.... i dare not imagine if everytime i see ZR i have make-up and one fine day he wake up to see me without. wah. nightmare how? luckily he see me at my worst before he see me during better times.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

I heard CSI is so good that now criminals watch it to get tips on how to commit their crimes and cover them up ;p This only makes it more difficult for law enforcement officers to solve crimes ;p

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger blueapple said...

Yeah! I dont put make-up one... unless got special occasion or wat la..

Aiya.. if we have the time and money, sure can become damn chio one! LOL!

Maybe if i have the money and time, i rather spend on travelling.. ;b

 

Post a Comment

<< Home