Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, December 12, 2005

It's time to get serious about $

Nope. No mistakes to point out this weekend, but if I do find more, rest assured I will post them all up. [If I bought a copy of Teenage or Teens, I'd bet to be flooded with them though.]

Anyway, back to the topic. Saturday was spent travelling to the Expo to watch Holiday on Ice: Hollywood. Not my kind of show. Dearie nearly fell asleep through it.

We left the area at 6+ I think, after checking out 2 lousy sales held at the expo. Had I stayed till 8:30, I'd have been able to go watch Mayday in concert for free 'cos my friend was working there. BLECH. Too bad.

At Suntec where Dearie had to pick something up, I met a good ol' friend Shumin. She's with HSBC you see. She chatted about stuff and somehow it ended up with her revealing that she gives her parents $1800 a month.

I don't even have that as my gross salary!

It finally has gotten into my head that I should either:
(i) Get a 2nd job
(ii) Learn how to invest
(iii) Change my job

I am seriously considering the 3rd option now. Can anyone please tell me if it is normal for someone with a diploma, working for 3 1/2 years in the admin/secretarial line to get $1600 a month? (No, this is not the take-home pay.)

Then I was reminded during our CTAWE band meeting that I could've gone into teaching piano years ago, but my parents weren't keen on the idea at all. Somehow, despite my strong longing to go into this musical line, I decided it best to dwell in the corporate line 'cos I was and actually still am convinced I'm not cut out to be held responsible for other people's kid's results.

If I did land up as a piano teacher now, I'd probably be driving.

But that option's open. I'll see about it. Maybe I'll create a niche by teaching adults who never got the chance to learn the instrument. And I also did always have the interest in teaching piano for non-monetary purposes, like for charity/volunteer work, that sort of thing.

Oh, I am now officially appointed as President of CTAWE. Stress liaoz. Time to call for a meeting to plan the entire of next year. Damn. I hope I don't screw this up.

---

After the band meeting, went KTV-ing with some members. Ah. So nice to just sit back and enjoy the sounds of singing. Then of course I had my chance to do lalala away. Oh, and Party World doesn't have Jay Chou's SHAN HU HAI yet.

---

I can't help but notice that I have been linked from Mr Miyagi, though I do not see how that is possible.

Oh, on o ther blogging stuff, Dearie spotted Xiaxue at Suntec outside Guardian as we came out. Short, but hey, girls don't need to be tall anyway. I'd love to have some make-up tips from her though. If I'm gonna change my job, I definitely need to doll myself up - something I haven't even been doing during weekends anymore.

4 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a clear NO to yr qn!!! yest while i was looking for a new job for myself... (btw... rem to stay till jan to qualify for e bonus first k! tt's my intention! n so is a million other ppl ard me!) anyway, back to e topic...
i caught an ad (at least) which was looking for someone like u... with i think a dip or deg which u r alr working towards n 3 yrs exp doing e stuff u r doing now... n they r offering 2.2 - 2.5 i think?? no matter wat i'm very sure they r offering sth above 2!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Chang said...

MAYDAY CONCERT ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I WANT WATCH BUT NO MONEY ! ! ! ! !

Erm, Cannot Like This Compare Mah. My Sister's Husband Diploma And His Pay Is $2500. But He Is Customer Service Type. He Say Everyday Go Work Is Like Go There Let Ppl Scold. So Cannot Compare.

Like I Study ITE, I Go Out My Pay Only 1k, But My Other Fren Also ITE, His Pay Is 1.4k. Difference So Much, But Study Same Thing.

You Imagine If You Change Your Job Which Means Going To A New Environment. Can You Assure Urself U'll Enjoy More Den The Old Working Place?

There's No Certain. It May Be Better Or It May Be Worse. And Normally, More Pay Means More Work. So Must Think Carefully Hor. Dun Be Impulsive.

Guess I've Said Too Much As A Jobless Guy Myself. =X

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

I just did a simple calculation and realised it'd be very difficult to change my job after december. Why? Because my blardy exams are in May and I will need to FULLY UTILISE ALL 14 days entitlement. This will make me absent from work for almost a month barely after being confirmed.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

The only way to get the kind of income that your old pal is getting is to go into sales :) In sales, there's no limit to how much you can earn. But of course it's highly stressful also, having to meet the quotas and stuff. The sales department in any company usually sees the highest turnover ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home