Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Me, myself and Kiki

My qualifications: Dip in Mass Comm; Pursuing BSc Business at SIM UOL
Experience: 3 1/2 years with admin full-time
External activities: Currently vice-president of CTAWE, and will be president on Friday (I'm actually really nervous and scared about this.)
Current salary drawn: $1600

By scrolling through the job offers available on jobsdb.com, I can easily leave my current company and apply for any of the positions there because the job scope is pretty much the same.

Most are offering AT LEAST $2000 starting. Blech. I could always try to apply for those offering a starting pay of $2500 too since I match their job scope nicely. Ah... It doesn't help that every single person around me gives the same reply: "SO LOW?!" when I tell them how much I earn.

Too bad I'm too comfortable where I am now because of proximity, environment and the people. Also, this job is too good to let go because I can still go for my classes at night. Switching jobs will not guarantee that.

What to do? I like my admin/secretarial job. I don't know why, but I just like it. Blech. I won't mind doing editing/journalism though. I did try to call and enquire about doing freelance editing but I couldn't make it for the damn interview. Anyone need the service? Haha!

I'll just have to hang on here till I'm 25 (or if I have to repeat modules, 26 or 27). By then, my salary had better flown up high enough else I'd just fly elsewhere. Simple as that.

My "resume" looks promising huh? A pity all my qualifications have bad results all over. Hahahaha! Still, I am very confident of getting better salary out there.

Yet, I'm happy where I am now. I know people who earn less than me yet managed to raise up their children for them to go to University. They lived more difficult lives than I, so why should I complain when I have enough to spend and save?

My internal conflict. Forever ongoing.

---

I don't know why but I feel I've been more and more an ass lately. The amazing thing is that this attitude ain't directed at my family or Dearie, but quite possibly at everyone else.

I have not snapped at anyone, just that I have personally reflected and found that I haven't been as "nice" as I have always been (or liked to be).

I need to stop trying to impose my thoughts on others.
I need to start saying my "thank you"s more.
etc etc etc...

---

Jay Chou's duet with some lady called Lara is one of them songs I am soooooo going to have to try in the KTV one day. Sounds so gooood. I haven't seen the lyrics yet, nor do I know the full melody of it. Will try though, will try! Ah Chang! If you go K-box, go see if got the song hor! HAHA!

---

I just came back from my accounts class and am waiting for my hair to dry, thus this post. Accounts class was a big blur. Something about Marginal and variable accounting, and FIFO/LIFO stuff. I really need alot more practice.

---

Dad won tickets to watch Holiday on Ice: Hollywood this Saturday at 3pm, Expo. Dearie and I will be going. My dad just likes the feeling of winning. Haha!

Meanwhile, Ki's birthday is coming. 28th Dec.
(Photos of him from 4th Dec, Saturday)
Ki shows off his magic skills

Ki made my mum set up his "tent" (oh, see the snowman in the photo? my mum bought is for only $2. HAHA! cheap cheap. very cute.)

Dearie joins Ki in his "tent"

Ki looking like the handsomest boy on earth

Ki in midair, jumping on my mum's bed

Turning 3 years old liaoz! This Saturday will go shop for a present for him. Come to think of it, maybe it's a tad too early.. hmm...

5 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Dim Sum Mei Mei said...

The next ting you noe. Ki will be in pri sch le.. Beri fast de... Anyway.. I tink is best u finish ur studies first den look for a job ba. human r lidat when we r too comfortable in our comfort zone we don wish to budge de.. hehe.. Good luck wor..

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

我也很喜欢周杰伦和梁心愿的珊瑚海!I also like Jay Chou and Lara Liang's Coral Sea very much :)I think Lara Liang is very beautiful :)

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Sometimes it's better to stay put at our current job than to jump ship the moment we find another job with a better pay. We just might end up more miserable there ;p especially if u have to work over 12 hours a day, sometimes overnight, sometimes 7 days a week ;p If it's just for that couple of hundreds of dollars more, u may wonder: is this worth it? ;p

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Michael Chua: too bad I think lara liang's voice isn't very fantastic. but then again, not like mine any better.

brokenpromises & michael: yeah. i'll stay put first. just that I've heard from others that before one settles down/have kids, must work extra hard to roll in the $ 'cos after that, got too many commitments not possible liaoz.

my bf only got slightly more class time than me and works flexi hours but claim he no time to study. wat kind of crap is that?! I got a full-time job, studies and coming up i'll have band.
he damn well better pass with flying colours sia.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Dim Sum Mei Mei said...

save $$ does not mean that commiment come in den u cannot save ani more. Rather than there mayb stuff for u to cut down on. Eg: if u always dine on fancy food, kids come in den u shld cut down on the intake lor... Minus cholostero oso...wahha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home