Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bali - Day 1

I went back home after half a day of work to take a nap, then made my way to the airport. It was 4:30pm on Friday but the train was packed as if it was the 6pm rush hour.

I stood all the way to airport. Blech. I was so worried YL wouldn't be able to make it back on time because she had to go back home from office at 4:45pm, pack her bag, then reach the airport. Turns out, she was the 1st one there. Wow.

Evon was the most free amongst us yet she was the latest. Oopsie. Still, it was relieving to have all reached there and checked-in physically about an hour before the flight took off.

I met the pig with her colleagues at the airport. They were just queueing up a few places behind us. Heehee!

I love the airport. Great shopping place. There wasn't much time to shop around, but we managed to grab a bite and rush off to board the plane.

Economy class really is cattle class. Narrow, but who cares when you have great stuff to watch!!! Too many channels to choose from, I finally settled on the animated Disney classic Beauty & The Beast. I've watched it at least twice, but heck, I love the movie. I could've watched Charlie & the Chocolate Factory but I wanted to catch it with Dearie. I even had time to play a bit with their Nintendo games.

As we got off the fully occupied plane, I was greeted by many air stewardesses. As I walked past the Business Class (or was it First Class?) to get to the exit, I saw a familiar face who immediately changed her greeting from "Thank you.. Goodbye.." to "HEY!". HAHAHA! So cool right? That's 'cos it was my poly mate. I was just telling YL and Evon that I had a friend who flew on SQ flights to Bali every now and then, and tada! I really meet her. The last time I saw her was probably nearly a year ago.

Anyway, we 3 blur girls managed to walk out of the airport unscathed and got onto a cab to our hotel.

It was probably nearly 10pm. We were all tired. Our hotel was called Green Garden Hotel. Small cosy place, but I was glad that our room was mighty spacious - 1 queen sized bed sat in the middle of the room, with a double decker bed at the side. They didn't have a mini-fridge but one that was half the size of the normal ones we have at home. There was a small balcony, a humongous bathroom and lots more space in the room.

We spent the rest of the night looking through brochure after brochure of what to do for the next 2 days, then washed up and went to bed. We all needed to catch up on sleep, especially YL who fell asleep long before Evon and I did.

---

Updates with photos coming up.. Only a few photos 'cos YL is tied up with work and I'll only bug her about the photos next week or so.

Meanwhile, it's back to work for me again. And my attempt to do this Exam Question from earlier this year. Damn balance sheet. BLECH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home