Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A "No Parents" Weekend

My parents flew off for a holiday in Bali on Thursday night, leaving me and the pig to take care of the house. But really, on Friday and Saturday nights she didn't come home so it was pretty much just me. Of course, Dearie stayed over. I just don't want to be in a big place all alone.

We stayed up and watched lotsa TV. We had popcorn. We caught Harry Potter at the old school Eng Wah cinema nearby - which by the way was half filled - and the counter was bustling like the old days.

I made sure I watered the plants, fed the rabbits and kept the fish alive. I even tried my hand at cooking! This was a major first step for me. I've never cooked anything other than instant noodles. The closest other stuff I've done is make lagsane in the office and prepare konnyaku jelly.

What did I cook? Cereal Prawns. Heehee! Sounds damn cool right? But actually damn easy. All I needed was prawns, a packet of cereals specifically for prawns and garlic. Oh.. and oil. HAHA! Super easy lor... who says I can't cook!? HAHAHAHAHA!

When Dearie came over and I presented him the "masterpiece", he probably seemed more worried than anything. He did eat though. I mean, he had to right? No choice. Hehehehehehe...

I thought there were only a few prawns, turns out it was more than we could handle. It was all good. We didn't get diarrhea the next day. And I dare say it definitely passed the taste test - although credit should go more to the cereals than anything else.

Sunday afternoon, Dearie and I went over to my sister's place, as I had promised my mum to buy a cake over. It was my sister's 28th birthday.

Kiki was needless to say, extremely excited. The cute little one will perk up anyone's day. I was exhausted from all the movies the night before. Dearie had fallen asleep on the couch already, but kiki wanted to play with me so no sleep for me.

No photos because the camera's in Bali. This coming weekend, it'll be my turn though. My mum's tipping me off on all the stuff there, but it's more a scenary place than shopping so I guess I'll just enjoy relaxing there.

---

I am extremely behind in my studies. I absolutely can't seem to keep up at all. I've said this a million times here, but it is true. I guess I haven't been trying hard enough.......

---

I'm desperately in need of sleep now. My eyes are showing it. They only do when it's bad.

---

One of Dearie's best friends is returning from Aussie for his "holidays" in Singapore. Hope they don't go too wild while I ain't around. heehee...

---

I know I haven't blogged very much lately. There has just been too many things going on. My studies take up 3 nights a week. Previously, I was able to come home and blog after class 'cos it only seemed to take a while for any entry to go up. Now, once I get home all i wanna do it sleeeeeeep.

Thursday nights somehow seem to fill themselves up on their own. Some errand to run, someone to meet........ My weekends start on Friday so I pretty much use up every bit of it for TV, movies or shopping. Otherwise, it'll be catching up on sleep.

I'm so going to need to take half a day off this Friday. The flight's at 7pm. I wanted to rush to the airport from office - but I think it will be too big a risk to miss a flight.

Staying at a hotel called Green Gardens. Not my first choice, but hey, it's supposed to be a budget trip. I've never been this broke in many years. Still dare to go travel. Biangz.

---

Lots of work to clear up this morning. Although the cloudy skies and cool air conditioning are really condusive for a little nap now. *yawnz*

5 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

How nice to be able to watch a whole night of movies and sleep the next day through :)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

I can't. I have to take care of my son. He only likes to watch Jay Chou's Initial D. He's watched it over 10 times already i believe ;p

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Can't sleep the whole day through, need to wake up to pee. And the fighter jets flying by will keep me awake.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

haha! all little boys love fast cars. hahahaha!!!~
We weren't able to wake up late 'cos on Fri, I had work. Sat, Dearie had class (and I had to clean up the rabbits etc). Sun we had to go over to my sis place.
So it was great movie nights without the good sleep after. haha!

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger blueapple said...

Enjoy ur trip! =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home