Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, November 14, 2005

Back to blogging at last: Thurs - Sat morn

I had a meeting with my President and Secretary of the Clementi Town Alumni
Wind Ensemble Thursday night. We were to discuss what to do for the upcoming elections so we can finally pass on the baton to whoever's next in line.

Apparently, they had me in mind. ALL THE WHILE. Argh.

Trust me. It has been my idea all along to lay it down as low key as possible. I've never wanted to hold any post in the band. Ok, maybe in secondary school there were such aspirations, but as soon as I did in Sec 3, I realised I was just plain not cut out for any leadership position. Thankfully it was the post of Secretary and back then the job was simple and I just needed to WORK WITH the leaders, not BE one.

I know a good leader if I work with one ? and I am certainly NOT one. The only time I actually felt like I did my job properly was as section leader in Sec 4 where I had the great job of holding the section together. It was the only stint I actually did well that actually had anything to do with leadership at all. My President thinks otherwise. He says I'm ready. Honestly I can't see why.

Unfortunately, the sad truth is that there are probably plenty of people like me in my band. All of us love the part where we only focus on making music for 3 hrs, then we'll rush off to mingle with fellow members. No one wants to be the one to do all the administrative work like liaising with the school, handling the finances, organising gatherings and then coordinating the concert.

The members older than me have careers and one of them even has a baby to focus on. Fellow members from my batch have tremendous leadership but have already demonstrated that time and again till they're now exhausted.

This must be where my name popped out. I've been in the band for so many years now. Ever since I graduated in Sec 4, I've been with the alumni band. I attended every practice I could. I never played very well, but I made it up by helping about the band wherever possible. That was all I wanted, to be part of a group that genuinely only cared about keeping the bonds and music going.

We looked through the namelist of people last night. All those we nominated were younger than us. We had to pick out the active members.

After the meeting, I pondered if I were able to handle the post. My studies are a major barrier. Had I not been studying I'd take on anything asked of me to. Then there was of course the bare fact that I have no leadership qualities whatsoever. But I do want this band to continue, and if I wanted to ensure that, what better way than to do it myself? The ones I've relied on for so many years to keep it going say they want someone else to do it now.

Maybe we'll use the election process and see who gets the votes. If not, I could always hope for a volunteer.

If all else fails then yes, I think I'll accept the post.

---

Friday night, Dearie and I caught Secret Window and Edward Scissorhands on dvd. Why? So we could meet the deadline of returning it that night. Heehee... date due mahz.

---

Saturday morning, my mum woke me up at 6:30am. I blur blur wake up wondering why.. then my mum had to remind me it was my company's family day. Oops.

I trudged out of bed for breakfast and set off for East Coast Park with my parents. It had rained that entire morning - meaning the field the event was held on was extremely muddy.

I still went because this was where our innovation challenge was finally going to take place! Remember that piece of wood we were supposed to figure out how to transport from one end to another? Yep! The above you see was our team's!!!

From one simple plank, they used added on other stuff and painted it to become so nice. I'm so amazed at their creativity. I was privileged to see how they made the thing from cutting to smoothening with sandpaper, etc. So interesting sia!

There was a 1.5km walk-a-jog. I had no intention to join in but my parents wanted to, so bo bianz. A reluctant me doing half-hearted warm up. My mum just snapped without me knowing till it was too late. hahaha!

Then it was time for the walk. No way I was going to jog.

It was after the walk that the Innovation Challenge was to start - meaning it was showtime for our seal! It even got "company media attention" when it was getting lined up.

Our seal had to go zig-zag through this little "obstacle course". The field was so muddy, it kept getting stuck.

Here's our seal trying its best to get past the finish line! (Check out the amount of mud.)

We were 3rd in place I think. 5 teams in this run. Another 5 went a seaparate time. No idea how we fared overall.

Time out for our seal.

I hung around to watch the relay match, and played a few games at the stalls. We left at 11am 'cos we needed to get sufficient rest for the night events.

---

Plenty more to update of course, but just no time. Saturday night's photos will be up soon. I hope. heehee!

Meanwhile, half watching the golden horse awards. Shu Qi just got Best Actress and shock of the night (to me) - Aaron Kwok got Best Actor. Wow.

I'm so sure there'll be photos of all the ladies from Saturday and Sunday night plastered all over the papers. The beautiful looking ladies in wonderful revealing dresses. Hahaha! Boobs spilling all over the place.

Another result just announced: Best Director - STEPHEN CHOW! YAY! Hahaha!

BEST PICTURE - GONG FU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

I think Jay Chou was the shocker. Remember him in the car trying to act sad after finding out abt his gf? Hahahaha!

Aaron Kwok.. hmm.. dunno. He has been acting for a while already anyway.

Stephen Chow is gooooooood. Yep. Unexpected, but glad he win. heehee!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Please Lor. The Mighty Shocker Is JAY CHOU LOR !
I Have To Admit His Singing Was Good, But His Acting? WAH LAU EH, Say The Truth Lah. Anybody Can Act Better Den Him. Especially The Scene Nili Said. SUPER JIALAT ACTING LOR! Dunno Is Crying Or Smiling.
They Let Him Win Because He Is JAY Lor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home