Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wrong kind of attention

Other than being the person who writes the minutes around here, I’m also the person that opens the mail.

All you people out there who do your direct mailers, it’s people like me you need to get past before our beloved managers, etc get the mail. I’m the filter for all these stuff. I get entertained easily by all sorts of nicely done up catalogues and advertisements.

Unfortunately, my managers hardly have the time to see all these so what happens is I simply take note of all the advertisements that come through that are non-engineering related. Stuff like catalogues for hampers/flowers, photocopiers, courier services, blah blah blah all come to me and most of the time I do take the time to read them and see how it can benefit.

Stuff relating to IT software, printers, parts catalogues, etc come to me to get re-routed elsewhere. I try to read through them too, and if they seem important enough, I’ll pass them on to whomever I feel may think it’s important.

Every once in a while, I get a direct mailer that seems worth my proper attention, however, Singpost seemed to get it the wrong way this time.

I have nothing against them, but having your mistake in large font on the front of the A5 sized postcard is not the way to go.

“Save with SingPost Admail Festive Packages this Holiday Seasons!”
“Let SingPost delivers your advertising offer LOUD AND CLEAR.”


Did you already spot the 2 mistakes in the only 2 sentences in the front of the postcard?

I’m not claiming to have very good English, but I do not wish people to read it and take it as it is. I am probably not 100% correct in my corrections so if I am wrong, I do hope for someone to point it out to me too.

“Save with SingPost Admail Festive Packages this Holiday Season!”
(I believe Season doesn’t need the ‘s’, otherwise it’d be ‘these’.)

“Let SingPost deliver your advertising offer LOUD AND CLEAR.”
(This one I’m sure I’m correct because deliver should not be with an ‘s’.)


On the flip side I also noticed another couple of errors but they were just minor stuff compared to the front of the postcard.

I’m not scanning it up lest I get into trouble with SingPost. With all the legal action going on with regards to the blogging scene, it’s getting dangerous.

3 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

“Save with SingPost Admail Festive Packages this Holiday Seasons!”
“Let SingPost delivers your advertising offer LOUD AND CLEAR.”

Terrible English indeed ;p It should be "this Holiday Season" instead of "seasons" and "Let SingPost deliver" instead of "delivers"!

Yucky English ;p

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

amazing coincidence that during Marketing class tonight, people like me were being brought up - we're called gatekeepers. HAHA! And that marketing fellas need to get past us so be nice!

Michael: indeed. yucky english. It irks me to see that it is being published and people may take it as correct.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

Maybe it's on purpose... LOUD AND CLEAR enough to spot the mistakes so that you'll remember them :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home