Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Still damn busy

Don't understand why I'm so busy.. but I guess that's what makes my life so full eh?

Friday night:
Band meeting got cancelled so I landed up going to IMM with my parents. Not supposed to bring Ki along 'cos he was supposed to sleep at his mummy's place, but he insisted on going so..... he went supermarket shopping with my parents, while I walked around the 1st floor. The F.O.S. was mighty disappointing. I would be better off shopping online.

I got tempted by a pair of slippers to replace my anytime-will-snap pair - but somehow decided against it.
What I did go home with was 2 sets of Pierre Cardin lingerie sets. 1 set $28, 2nd set at 50% off. Total damage to wallet: $42.

Biangz. I need to set my priorities straight - spend $42 on something hidden underneath other cloth; yet want me to part with $25 on that other cloth that everyone can see, I land up saying it's too expensive.

Saturday:
Held my band meeting in the morning at Jurong Library's cafe. By 9:55am, there was a crowd gathering outside, waiting to rush in. Thankfully, no mad pushes when the doors opened.

The band EXCO is formed by 6 people, of which I knew 2 couldn't make it that morning. But alas, as I expected only 3 of us turned up. At least we did get to talk about certain issues and it was fruitful. I'll need to churn out the meeting minutes for this time. No way I'll do it for no. 2. I'm doing it only because I forgot to ask the fella to jot notes at the beginning of the meeting.

Dearie came to pick me up after and I zoomed off to his place. Rested a while then made our way over to see kiki who already turned the house upside down by then. We were going off to East Coast because:
1. There was a BBQ there Dearie had to attend and I was tagging along.
2. Ki wanted to play sand.

On the expressway, it rained heavily. When we got to the location, Dearie took an umbrella, went to say "HI BYE" to his friends and zoomed off with us to Parkway Parade. His friends kept beckoning him over but he stayed with my family.... awww..
Hope his friends didn't mind........ I mean, he'll be meeting some of them on Tuesday....... Still... I love gatherings. It's where you get to catch up. I hope he didn't miss out too much.

After we got back (because ki bought ANOTHER car and insisted on going back to our place), Dearie and I played with him a little and had to rush off to Westmall to catch the much-hyped KING KONG. The show was slated for 9pm but the tickets were sold out when we got to the counter.

Dearie and his buddies discussed a little and decided to go check out if Suntec had any tickets. Why all the way there? Because they were desperately trying to finish off the tickets they had in this Eng Wah Card. While on the road, they somehow got to think about it and said that there probably wouldn't be any tickets there either so we should actually stay at Westmall and catch the midnight show. DUH..... so we turned around and hung out at Westmall instead.

I watched 1 of his buds beat the computer at Puzzle Fighter. Wow. If I can ass the second stage, I could call for a celebration. THen they took the gun at The Lost World. My favourite arcade game. I just enjoy the sight of dinos running around.

We had supper at a nearby coffeeshop and headed in for the movie.

My thoughts on the movie:
I never thought I'd actually sit through this 3 hour movie. Trust me, watching a huge gorrila bounce around the screen wasn't my idea of a good movie. Then came all the reviews which were full of praise giving 4 to 5 stars.

I began to get curious and listen to why it was so "supposedly" good. Most of them said that it was because of how Peter Jackson managed to keep the original story while improving on the original film by using technology.

I simply didn't understand how could the original story of King Kong actually be good - but I reminded myself that I really didn't know much about it, except it was about a gorilla and a girl. I read a very short synopsis of the movie and found out it was primarily a love story.

After the movie, I could understand all the stuff I heard and read. It was worth all 4 stars I tell you. Absolutely fantastic acting by the cast. Even better job by Peter Jackson for being able to capture the feelings on screen. That affinity between the girl and primate. And the adventure. WOOHOO! I LOVED IT! I got to see dinos on big screen. Haha! Also some amazing looking giant bugs. One helluva adventure.

Oh, did i mention about the audience? You laughed, screamed (ok, more like cringed with the sight of disgusting bugs) and ooh-ahh-ed with them. Very entertaining 3 hours.

Those who seek action 5 min into the movie can forget about it. Pls bear in mind it is a LOVE STORY and the adventure is a bonus. That way, I assure you, you'd come out with deeper appreciation for the film. What I like about the lovey-dovey part is that it doesn't get too mushy. It's just there. All in the acting. The front part lays the entire setting for the movie, and I'm glad they didn't rush through the story... taking their time to build up to the adventure that doesn't disappoint, and keeping you in suspense through the dense jungle, etc.

Post-movie:
As I was leaving the theatre, I bumped into my elder sis and her husband (ki's parents). They only needed to cross the road to get home. Blech. Well, at least I had Dearie to send me back. Heehee!

Sunday:
GOt woken up AGAIN by "Ah yee wake up....... Train cannot go." Yep. He wanted me to fix his train track. Ah... So up I got to fix his track.

After I ate, we sent him back to his mummy's place and played with him a while before setting off to Westmall (again) to do some shopping.

My mummy insisted on getting something in the name of Christmas and being the end of the year. We walked into SK Jewellery, Lee Hwa and Citigems. Everything was so pricey I didn't dare pick anything out. It's just not worth the money on me. Honestly. I simply don't have what it takes to carry off something so pricey. Girls don't need to buy such expensive stuff - they like variety, meaning as long as it looks good enough, cheap enough, they'll wear for some time, then hunt for something new.

We landed up at some accessory shop. It was still very expensive to me, but my mummy REALLY wanted to buy something for me, my younger sis and herself so I picked a bracelet.


My mum noticed another girl earlier trying out a necklace and said I should try it too. Ah.... so I put it on, it seemed to fit me just nice and tada - into the shopping bag it went too. My mum picked out a set for herself and a pair of earings for the pig. Total damage about $120+. Definitely loads cheaper than the real diamonds. Honestly I couldn't tell the difference between crystals and diamonds. Heck, even fake diamonds I also can't tell the diffy.

I need to find some occasion or outfits to wear these glam looking accessories out. I wonder if there're any plans on Christmas eve. Must make use of the festive occasion to wear mah. Buy already cannot waste. Heehee!


I'm not a jewellery person, but I guess it's mummy's way of dressing me up. Hehehe! Mummy's love to pretty-up their daughters. I'd like to be pretty too, but let's not cheat ourselves huh?

---

Read in the New Paper about some girls being anorexic. Sigh. Damn disturbing. When will the media (and all those actresses) realise the effect they're having on the public? I'm fortunate enough to be small in size so I may not understand the full extent of this obsession over being thin.

Can only hope the media can realise how serious this slimming thing has already become and the impact it is having on every girl out there.

9 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Nice Movie Ar? But I Got One Enquiry. How Come King Kong Got Dinosaur One?

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger blueapple said...

At least when i watched the ads for King Kong, i thought i was a combination of Ju-ra-ssic Park and Mighty Joe Young.. =/

Hmm... slimming thing... Why would the media project this image tat Skinny is Beauty?? Then some girls already quite slim liao still think tat they're FAT.. Duh~!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger blueapple said...

I meant AT FIRST.. not at LEAST.. ;b

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

chang: King Kong lives on an undiscovered island so there is prehistoric life there.

blueapple: mi skinny, and sometimes i'll also see pouches in places they shldn't be then i also think very awful. thankfully my bf reminds me that i look all right so i dun get too sucked in.

paranoid: that kiddo got malay and chinese blood - maybe that's why so cute. haha! kiki so cute - means he so naughty also! haha!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger -Jeanie. said...

busy then good. better than nothing to do ya?

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Summer Toh Xiaoxin said...

nice bracelet! anyway, heh, saw the note u mentioned abt your star sign reflected wrongly, mine used to be wrong too, until i change the way i input my bday, try change the order of day and month :)

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Jeanie: yeah. i guess so.....
xin: thanks alot girl! now i know why it's reflected like that. haha!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

King Kong rocks?

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

KING KONG IS A VERY GOOD MOVIE! :O)
The dinos and bugs... SUPER GOOD! more dinos! more bugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home