Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Eve of the eve of New Year's Day

No plans for tomorrow except to expect to be woken up by Kiki tomorrow morning.

Didn't do much at work today. I think. I did manage to read a hilarious post by Xiaxue on rich guys dating poor/rich girls. Every guy should read that.

I helped out a little at the year-end function my division held. Previously I would organise a standalone one for my company (about 50 people). Our company is part of a division which is formed by a few hundred people.

Ate a little, chat a little, enjoyed the stage games (especially when my colleague walked away with $400+ cash from a 4D game the emcee played). I didn't win anything but I did get a "special award": Most Sporting Female. I have no idea why I was singled out 'cos I know of another 2 who could have easily beat me to it, but hey, I'm not going to refuse $100 NTUC vouchers (which I can exchange for cash with my mum!).

My GM really recognises my work. My boss too. Ah. I'm truly lucky to be where I am. Sometimes I don't even think I do much. Hmm.. actually, I really don't. Hmm..

Anyway, met Dearie at Buona Vista MRT with a determined mind to get that Billabong bag I missed out on since the Bali trip.

From HMV, to Paragon and back to Scotts Isetan which was the only place that had that bag. Dearie didn't like the colour. ARGH. Ok, so neither did I, but heck I just wanted that bag. I don't know why. Still, I didn't get it.

Disappointed and somewhat pissed off, I headed a floor down to hunt for any clothes to make up for my "loss". I landed up getting a new top ($29.90) and super casual skirt ($15.90). Dearie was probably extremely bored walking around shopping with me when he could be playing, and I am usually very pissed off when he is, but he redeems himself for being alert when it's time to pay - cos the top would've cost be $36.90 if not for his attention. Oops on my part.

Feeling better, I was prepared to go back but we'd have to cross over to Far East for a cab. Why not walk around any open shops while at it right? It was already 9:30pm. Ice Lemon Tee was still open. I never stepped into the shop for so long and when I did, I stepped out with a pair of slippers (to finally replace my spoilt ones) for $15.90 and a pink bag ($15) which Dearie still didn't like - this time 'cos of the logo. I bought it anyway because one, I just wanted to get one; two, because it was cheap; three, because he was on the freaking phone AGAIN.

[Luckily I know his WoW pal Evon personally. Else jealous horns all stick out ready to charge.]

Cab queue was waaaay too long to wait so Dearie and I walked to take a bus after a super salty KFC meal. Still suffering from the saltiness.

Ah well.. I wanted to shop more but too bad all closed. I wanna get more clothesssss!!! More tops!!! I'll have to stick to online hunting for the moment - namely at cozycot and Yahoo Auctions. Anyone with pretty XS-S clothes, leave a msg. Haha!

Time for bed now.. shopping can always wait. There're more important things to do.

This could be my last post for the year.
Here's a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all who are reading this. :O)

13 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger F¡яєвџяN said...

happy new yr

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juz_a_gal: I tot this part of what you said makes sense...
"..although the baroque and 20th century pieces were truly pains in the ass, they opened my eyes and ears to stuff I never would've explored on my own and learn to appreciate..."

As a child, naturally we will be underexposed to the many wonderful things out there. The crux of this exposure is dependent on parents. E.g. if one's parents do not have a wide range of activities, a child would not know the beauty of many things compared to another child.

U are lucky to realise your gd fortune of learning the piano and I must add it was a wise choice to continue learning after secondary days.

-----------------------------------

Not too sure how to communicate to you. You may delete this after reading. Happy hols ahead. Adios

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Hahahahaha. Lucky I'm Not Blamed For Calling Him Ydae Nite. =X
I Think I Reached Orchard After You Both Left The Place. I Reached Like 10:40pm. Went To Cineleisure K-Box And SING ! ! !

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Hello freakkler!
Thanks for leaving a msg here! Yep, feel free to use the COMMENTS feature to get me.
You have to admit - the 20th century pieces made you appreciate the classical and romantic ones; and the baroque pieces really helped in making you practice your weaker hand (mine was the left) and show you what more it could do than play chords/accompaniment.

Happy hols to you! And to Fireburn too!!!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

chang: BO JIO!!! I wanna sing SHAN HU HAI!!!
but actually Evon was prob not the one on the phone lahz. hahaha! I think it was one of his brudders confirming the plans for NYE.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Nobody said...

Happy New year to you too...

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

Happy New Year to you.

Hmm, you play World of Warcraft too?

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

happy new yr 2006 :)

hope life treats u good ^__~

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Chang said...

How To Jio. When I'm On The Way There. Zhenrong Say Eat Finish Den Going Back Liao.
Later If We Go Den He SLEEP Inside Again. But Dun Worry, I'LL MAKE HIM SING THE NEXT TIME WE GO !
Nothing Is Too Difficult For WuWuLiuLiu !

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Happy new year to you too babe! I went shopping too on New Year's Eve - wow so many post christmas sales going on. check out Forever 21 and Espirit. many nice stuff at quite cool prices. I bought so many!!! GEEEZ.......

May all your dreams be fulfilled in 2006. have a smashing good year!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Sexual Innuendo: Nopez. My bf is very obsessed with it though. Heehee.. He's yet to show me the stomping dino.

Chang: Next time juz jio me. I'll drag him along. If he dun want then I go myself. heehee.. go ktv as long as with nice people i ok one.

Ghost and Spinnee: Thanks peeps!!!~

Elvina: SALE?! GOODIEEEE! Off I head to orchard - provided it doesn't rain. Thanx for the tips!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Hahaha. Actually You Got Hear Him Sing Before? Actually I Sing With Him Alot Of Times Liao Leh. But Is In Camp And Not At KTV. Maybe He Doesn't Like To Use A Mic To Sing.
He Sometimes Sing Not Bad But Sometimes Really Is Damm Cock. Maybe He Is Suitable For Some Type Of Songs Bah.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

He always like to anyhow sing. Keep claiming that he dunno how to sing so he hides it by doing that. i believe most people can sing - is whether or not they want to or not (and whether want to learn how to). heehee..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home