Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Probably e happiest Monday night

Public holidays make me happy. I believe they make fellow people-who-work-office-hours just as happy. It’s also been extremely cold at home. Very easy to doze off. Easy to wake up too ‘cos too damn cold in the morning.

I spent Monday at a very lazy day at work. I attended 2 meetings but didn’t get any of my minutes done. Not to mention anything else. After that, I had my Social Psychology class at school and walked out just as clueless as when the term began.

It was another wet night but thankfully the rain had just stopped. I crossed the overhead bridge and did my “regular” screening for spiders again. Truly amazing stuff. This time though, there was a guy who did take notice of the huge one that is STILL there.

Told ya no one can ignore it for long. The 2 guys were walking down the stairs in front of me. As they talked to each other, the one facing the web warned his friend of the spider behind him. He nearly brushed the web – sufficient for the web to be stuck to his head, together with the spider. I took time to stare at the web again. It grosses me out, but I can’t help it. I just had to look.

Instead of taking every other bus, I took the 1 of the only 2 buses that would not take me home. I was going to Holland Village you see. It was Eskibar night. Yep. Time to pay to freeze my ass off.

When I got there, Bladey brought me in to where we were seated. My sis, her bf, Evon and Bladey’s friends Ken, Darling and another 2 girls were there already.

Dearie was not there. Surprise. He left the house at 10pm. Staying at Jurong West, I thought he ought to reach by 11pm, but noooooo. He only showed up at 11:30pm. I never want to stay at Jurong West. It seems like it takes forever to reach anywhere. And it ain’t cheap getting a cab out of that area either.

There was a “cold room” within Eskibar. The area where majority of the people were seated was at best, air conditioning at it’s lowest. The “cold room” was a small cosy area at 0 degrees celsius. We kiddos took our turns going in to freeze our asses off. Bladey’s spectacles frosted up when he came out of there. My toes and lips seemed to contract within seconds of being inside. It was really fun seeing air puff out of our mouths. I suaku ok? No chance to go places where there is real snow.

Bladey's friends left rather early. I guess they were bored. I mean, chilling out (no pun intended) really is just sitting down, sipping, chatting and bumming. They were younger than us so I guess discos would very much interest them more. Or we’re just getting old.

We started playing 5-10. Some time in the game we switched to that retarded game 7-up. In case you do not know the game, let me give you an overview. We all sat around the table. Each of us are supposed to call out the numbers in running sequence, clockwise. Each time we reach a multiple of 7 or a number containing the number 7, we much say “UP”, and the turn to call out the numbers are being reversed to become anti-clockwise.

Example:
Me: 8
Dearie: 9
Bladey: 10
Evon: 11
Clarence: 12
My sister: 13
YL: UP
My sister: 15
Clarence: 16
Evon: UP
Clarence: 18
And so on and so forth until someone makes a mistake or pauses for too long. Forfeit: Drink up a mouthful. Our bottle of Johnnie Walker lasted us till 2am I think. We were all on a high and started to fumble in the game.

Halfway through Dearie and I needed to go to the toilet. We were in and out of there quickly. Much to YL and Bladey’s surprise. Com’ON!!! In case you’re wondering, no, the toilet is warm. And do, we DID NOT do it. Unless Dearie was some sort of 30 second (or less) man, it was not possible. Hahaha!

I tell you it was one of the best drinking nights I ever had. We laughed so hard at the silly mistakes we made. Especially when Dearie could never get it correct that 28 is part of the 7 times-table. And that it was the only game we could ever get Clarence to drink at.

We headed for supper at Bukit Timah, only to realise that the prata stalls were owned by Indian-Muslim people so they were closed. We landed up with a porridge supper again. Didn’t matter at that point what was the food ‘cos we were hungry. And the food would help me feel less tipsy. Did I mention that when I’m tipsy I laugh and smile a lot more? Just as long as I drink to the right amount, which I normally have no problems controlling.

After dinner, it started to drizzle. Clarence drove the van back to my place with me and Dearie sitting in the back. Dearie promptly stumbled out of the van and puked all of supper. EEEEEEW.

But he’s one of the funny few who after puking (and he said there was no after taste at all), barely even needs a tissue. He also immediately felt ok once the food was out. Not like me. If I puke, that’s it. Eyes will be watery. Nose also watery. Got difficulty breathing and feel so disgusted I’ll want to puke even more. Then I’ll feel weak and need lie down.

Landed up with both the guys crashing at my place in their respective girlfriend’s rooms. A rare sight – my sister came home to sleep.

The next day was spent bumming around the house. Dearie went back to his gaming and we enjoyed a good TV night in the comfort of our own homes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home