Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Frustration at it's peak?

It’s funny how the only pressure to ask for a pay raise comes from the people around me. Actually, except for my pig of a sister, I don’t think anyone else is very aggressively telling me I’m too underpaid. Partially it’s because she’s earning A LOT more than I am.

It’s not as if I’m not doing a good job. At least that’s what I’ve been told. My bosses have been treating me extremely well. My colleagues are warm and sweet too. But because of the nature of my job – admin – it is seen as something that is not important. Not that my direct bosses think so, but the structure of the organisation makes it seem so.

Otherwise why should my salary differ so much from what others can get outside? I am so tempted to ask for a pay raise in July. Ever heard of market adjustment people? Adjust mine lehz!!!

I am not asking for the money because I need it, but probably out of pure pressure that I am feeling from those around me. I just feel that as much as I am happy, I am quite sick and tired of being faced with the usual: “You are getting paid what?!?! Leave the damn place now!” And truth be told, I am sure that this salary would affect any interview I get in the future for any other job. I can almost hear it: “How come your expected salary jump so much from your current?”

I have to work on a set of minutes, sending out 2 agendas, a Kaizen project’s presentation, some data entry, converting something from hard copy to soft copy through pure typing (it’s one thick set ok?), conduct an internal security audit, send out the monthly reports, and amongst other stuff yet to be done.

And this is just work.

There’s more at band. And my studies. HA! What a joke. Last night I tried to study my HRM notes but I was too tired that I fell asleep. Not the usual “fall asleep because I am bored” but the “fall asleep ‘cos too tired” type.

---

So much for studying for my Dearie. He just missed his mock paper today because he over slept.

And usually there’s only one reason for his oversleeping.

Told ya gaming is evil.

But I can’t jump to conclusions. Maybe he did have something better to do than gaming last night that made him so tired and still stay up late.

I wonder.

4 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Gaming is evil indeed ;p Need to restrain oneself from playing too much ;p

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

It doesnt pay to be kind out there. If you feel that you are happy with your job but underpaid, just ask for a pay rise.

If they really appreciate you then they will raise your pay accordingly. If not, you can always choose to leave though i doubt you will.

And dont say you are unimportant. Everyone is important no matter how minute your role is. Think about it, if you not around, who do the audit, typing , minutes and stuff?

Go ahead and speak to your superior and ask for a raise. Should take the pressure off ya.

Yeah dont jump to conclusions on your dearie, he could be doing something else besides gaming thats why so tired.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Yah. I Agree With Sexual Innuendo. In A Place, Everybody Is Important. There's Never A Person Who Is Not Important. Even A Useless Person Has It's Use. He Or Her Is At Least There To Let People Scold So That People Can DeStress. =X

But In My Opinion Lah, Ask For A Pay Rise. But Not A Pay Rise That Increases Alot. I'll Just Give An Example.

That Time My Mom Is Trying To Find An Account Job Coz She's An Accountant. She Only Got An O'Level Cert And Like 20years Of Experience On The Accounts Line. So She Request For Like $2200 Per Month. Den All The Jobs Kena Reject. Den I Hear Liao I Tell Her Say Now Even Degree Only Get Like 1.8k. She O'Level Want 2.2k. Wait Long Long. Den She Change Her Pay To 1.8k. Immediately Got Hired.

So My Suggestion Is That Ask For A Pay Rise, But Not A Very High Pay Rise Lah. Bit By Bit Lah. You'll Be Appreciated. If Really Cannot Hor, Maybe Slowly Find A New Job Den Quit Lor. Coz Pay =/= Nice Environment. So Think Slowly And Consider Carefully.

Spiny Definitely Is Playing Game. I'm Definitely Sure. Somemore Play Till Damm Late. Coz Both Of Us Somemore Looking At Cosplay Pics. Those Gers DAMM CHIO! But He Got Study Abit Lah. He Told Me One.

痛彻心扉 记忆的伤一寸一寸像你的冷酷
否定我这些日子以来的付出
告诉我不再需要有我来保护
不能睡的痛楚不知名的愤怒
不能上诉只能安静的痛哭
---------- 张栋梁 - 痛彻心扉

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Michael: Gaming is addictive.

sexual innuendo: My bosses appreciate me. But the structure of the org is such that admin pple don't get paid well (compared to ourside).

Chang: The maximum increment around here without a promotion is prob $100. Even with promotion also about $100+. Normal increment is abt $20-$80. Pathetic huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home