Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, March 20, 2006

I "conducted".. Ki didn't starve... and karaoke's coming

My dear conductor (fellow band mate) didn't turn up till 8pm, so in the meantime, I had to conduct. I have no idea how to, so I was pretty much a stationary metronome.

But now that I have tried, I think I should try again. Hmm... But only till I can find a conductor to take over. My goodness, our band cannot continue without a proper one who knows exactly what's going on in the music. Anyone knows anyone who is interested in conducting an alumni band? Unfortunately we do not have enough money to pay a salary... Sigh...

---

The poor little boy was still sick, but he was still playing his heart out. Check out what he did to the styrofoam to create "snow".

He fanned it all over the house. Thank goodness for the vacuum cleaner.

He was down with a fever but ran around the house like usual. Doesn't he look like he lost weight?

He watched some VCD my mum bought, and taught him stuff by making him repeat the words. Good VCD I say.

He looks like a little king in that chair. Haha!

Later that evening, Ki vomitted and my mum made him go back to sleep.

Dinner had to be cancelled so Dearie and I called Mac in. We're such lazy bums and suckers for fast food. Can you believe it? I didn't step out of the house the entire weekend. But spent $80 on clothes. HAHA! I was exhausted from the entire week. Staying at home was puuurrrrfect for me.

Ki woke up. He seemed a little better. My mum wanted to get him to watch Finding Nemo in my room. I turned on the X-box (which doubles up as a DVD player), but I somehow couldn't get it to work. I didn't want to bother Dearie to come set it up, so I popped in the game "The Simpsons".

It's some crazy game where you drive around and have to complete tasks. I like it. I was sure Ki was going to like it too. And he did.

Dearie came to teach him how to control the vehicle. Can you imagine his glee when he could choose to drive a car, lorry or YELLOW BUS? He was soooo excited!

The good thing about this game? You get coins for knocking into stuff, so knock away!~ He liked it when the cars started to smoke after knocking around too much, and went BOOM. He also liked it when he knocked down too many people, and the police came to catch him!

As if that wasn't enough, Dearie and I taught him how to get off the vehicle, walk around, and find people to kick. HAHA!

Took nice videos of Dearie and Ki having fun, with my dad joining in later on to watch. My mum was pretty appalled at the game. Ki only got more amused. Heehee!

Dearie stayed over that night. Not before catching The Forgotten, Gangs of New York, and a couple of other random shows I think. We were probably too sleepy to care.

---

Instead of having a CSI TV night, we converted it into an afternoon from noon to 3pm. Dearie went back, and I lazed around the house the rest of the day. I don't even remember what I did at all.

---

Today, the notice for the company karaoke competition was put up. Our division did not win the bowling competition held on Sunday so my GM is extra determined to nail the karaoke thingy.

Worst part: He's arrowed me publicly for this competition. He didn't specifically say I have to take part, but hey, you've got to understand what he means right? Pretty blatant if he sent the email to everyone.

Oh no... I haven't got a song to sing. I mean, I probably do, but I don't have the karaoke VCD for it. It's Na Ying's Ai Shang Ni Deng Yu Ai Shang Ji Mo (Love you equals fall in love with loneliness). I need to find substitutes.

To the extent to planning on going to Party World at Clementi after work on Wednesday, get a drink, and pick songs for an hour. I figured it's cheaper.

Why don't I do it tomorrow (Tues)?

I'd like to, but I've got bloody class tomorrow. Yep. Revision classes start tomorrow. I'm screwed. I still catch-no-ball when it comes to accounts.

---

So it's back to band, school and work.
This multitasking thingy is proving to be too much to me.
Let's see how the events unfold.

My life.
Kinda boring when you read my blog entries 'cos it's always about the same stuff.

But it's uniquely mine. And I think it's colourful. And most importantly, I'm happy. Frustrated and stressed at the moment, but essentially, still happy. :O)

5 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Cannot Find The VCD Den Sing 梁静如's 为我好 Bah. Sure U Can Win With This Song Coz It's My Personal Favourite. I've Thought Of A Few more Songs Maybe You Can Try. No Harm Trying Rite Since You Going KTV.

梁静如 - 为我好
许慧欣 - 爱情抗体
SHE - 天灰
TWINS - 星光游乐园
杨丞琳 - 暧昧
宇恒 - 依然是朋友
萧亚轩 - 吻

I Seldom Listen To Ger Song So This Are The Ones I Think Are The Better Songs Plus Those From The Last Post I've Left In The Comments.

Coz Male Singer You Say Not Suitable So I Never Name The Songs Here. Dat One Solo One Ar? Cannot Sing Duet Ar?

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Chang: Ya lorz. Solo contest. If got duet will be more fun.
梁静如 - 为我好 good song. but i realise i sing her songs always sound very odd.
杨丞琳 - 暧昧 nice. abit high, buut can try. but i can't remember the lyrics. oops.
thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try them out one by one and see which one to pick. :O)

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

The Simpsons X-Box game sure sounds like fun! :D

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

If i stretch myself the way you stretch yourself, i think i'd probably break down ;p Just goes to show how much of a superwoman you are! :D

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

michael: it is! You should get the game! Ur son will love it i'm sure!

emiryo: yeah. stretching myself abit too much.. but i think it's a challenge. I think that it's possible. I want to prove that it is....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home