Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

*New York New York*

I've only been away for barely a week and am already missing everyone in Singapore so much! It's not that I"m not having a ball of a time here but ... I guess it's just been the first time I've been away for this long. and this far.

I'm now in the northern part of NY with my buddy Elaine. She's got this really nice big fat cat here. too bad it's not a dog. but it's still an animal. I LIKE. haha!

I've seen enough of New York to prove I've been here. At the end of the day, NY is really like a gigantic Singapore. It's really not all that much different. The number of shops for shopping is amazing though. Hope to touch on that today and tomorrow.

The best thing I like about this place? The weather. It's sunny outside but you can strut around in a sweater and not drip a drop of sweat. COOOOOOL. Unfortunately, in Boston, my friends and I froze our asses off. We could see the hot air breathing out of our mouths. THAT was super cold. Too cold.. but still, I like having experienced it.

The subways here take a while to understand and aren't as simple to transfer or navigate as in Singapore. I guess the key attraction for me about NY would have to be the shopping. The sightseeing, history lessons and artsy museums are all really nice and cultured but after 5 days of going that, I need to sit back and do what holidays are about - relaxing.

For me, travelling is much more than going to all the "must-see-must-try" places. I'm a strange person, and probably the worst kind to be travelling with. I know it. I should have put up a big disclaimer.

Perhaps my idea of a holiday is much more unconventional than others? I'm not sure. But heck. This is MY holiday. I freaking spent my birthday here.... But my friends were very nice to give me a nice surprise with dessert and a candle in it. I was so touched. :O)

Like I mentioned, I miss everyone in NY. And I know some of you do miss me too. Awww. There's a particular someone that I do miss more too.. and although I hope he feels the same way, you never really know, do you? Let's see how things have changed (or not) when I'm back.

Where is that Elaine?! argh... The instant noodles I cooked for her plus my first-time egg and sausages are cold already. She's supposed to come quickly, finish up lunch and take me shopping!

Ah well. Doesn't matter. I like lazing around for a morning. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to write right now. Time to mess with the kitty cat.

Missing all of you in Singapore. I'm still getting SMSes so even if it's to ask me to look out for a certain product, just drop me a line.

Be back in 2 weeks......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home