Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Too many to meet, too little time

I would like to write down all I did over the wkend - that means starting from Friday... but there's just so much to share...

Friday:
Knock off at 9pm
Go to St James
Midnight @ Kbox

Saturday:
9am in office
1pm lunch
3pm Flute photoshoot + practice
7:40pm meet wenlong to watch a play
1am: meet mr biker for a ride

Friday was a very busy work day. Me and my colleague who's also in the D&D committee didn't even have time to eat lunch. We grabbed something to bring to the meeting room to eat during the discussion.

Later that evening another colleague bought donuts in. What a life saver. I munched one down, before continuing with the work required. My poor boss.. I hope I'm not sacrificing too much attention from her to this D&D. I know it's somewhat been affecting my main scope, but I have to buck up and make sure it doesn't any more.

Back to work. Well, both of us girls (and another 2 guys from the committee) stayed back till 9pm to help us with the decorations for the pantry area. THank goodness otherwise we'd never had been able to get it done.

Still, we told each other that we had to come back the next morning to do some finishing up.

I hurriedly left for St James to meet Jass, Patrick and Andy. Supposed to do some drinking but I guess we were too tired. Never managed to get around drinking much. It wasn't much later that we changed location to CINELEISURE KBOX!

I like ktv. sing, listen to pple sing, watch MVs... I like. Haha! Only later on did Mr Biker-friend join us. Well, ok. More like he came to send me home. Haha! It was 4am by the time we left. But me being me, and didn't wanna go home despite falling asleep, made him accompany me to just talk at my void deck.

By the time I climbed into bed, I think it was 6am.

I woke up at 8:30am to go to office. I planned to come back at 11am when we were done. But I brought my flute along just in case. Luckily I did. 'cos by the time we were done, it was 1pm. Went for lunch with another colleague also working through the Saturday, and took a cab to my friend's place for flute practice.

My goodness. I was there early and guess what happened? I fell asleep! 10min worth of winks. Better than nothing. We practised, and snapped our photos for the poster etc, and we were done by 5:30pm. I took that chance to go home and catch half an hr of rest, a few mouthfuls of dinner and rushed off to meet old friend Wenlong at City Hall.

The play was "Postcards from Rosa", starring Neo Swee Lin (Phua Chu Kang's mother). First time I attended a play. The storytelling was good... and it was interesting to see her interact with the audience. After the play, I went over to his newly rented place to take a look. Watched something he made in film school, and went through all the wonderful rubbish he collected. Haha!

Whoever says something has to happen when a guy brings a girl home? I don't believe that crap if both are really friends. It won't happen unless you want it to.

He sent me home at midnight. I was incredibly sleepy. I laid down in my bed, and texted Mr Biker. It wasn't hard to jump up from sleep when I left the phone by my ear. I didn't want to waste the Saturday so I asked him to come pick me up for a short ride.

We spent a long time chatting at some park in NTU. Why there? No particular reason I guess. Just wanted some spot to sit down and chat. Didn't really matter where. Saw many cars and bikes go past at the expressway - all coming out from 2nd link. All speeding. haha!

The ride was short. Only the time spent talking wasn't. Oops. I got home at 5am again I think. It's nice when someone opens up to you. I still don't know him well enough, but he seems genuine enough to me. Not completely open, but genuine in the sense of being honest. I can be honest abt me and him, and he can be honest abt him and her. He was hurt very badly. A tad too many a time. And he's still healing slowly. But I hope I'm helping in some way.

I managed to sleep the moment I was lying on my bed. Slept uncomfortably till 3pm 'cos Ki kept waking me up. Blech. But it's Ki. Who can resist him?!

Dad's birthday tomorrow. We've got a simple dinner planned tonight at Orchard. Ki's going too! Oh. He just woke up. Means it's time to go!

Tomorrow's another day of work. I hope everything goes smoothly. Plenty of things for the D&D to be done. I really am falling for my job.

I'm falling in love again. With my life. Not that I ever really fell out of love for it. But you know what I mean. There are so many simple pleasures in life to appreciate. It's good.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger zhengning said...

Hello!

Looks like you had had a fruitful weekend! Kbox is fun :D Haha.
& yes, there're simply so much pleasures and goodness in life for us to treasure :)

Takecare! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home