Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Friday, July 06, 2007

Interviews

I know I'm supposed to blog about last Sunday but I've not downloaded the photos yet for uploading so it'll take a while.

Meanwhile, I've been busy with interviews. Ok. So maybe just 2 interviews, and the rest were phonecalls from agencies.

1) Saipem
This is an oil and gas company. Science Park. Near my place. Interview went well. Boss seemed nice. Job seemed all right. Exposure will be the MNC type that I'm seeking. Salary not as high as what I want. But did I say oil and gas?! Yes. Sounds good eh?

2) Deutsche
I couldn't believe my ears when they called for a phone interview. It was so sudden I was caught completely off guard at work. When I was convinced I flunked it, they called at 7pm, asking me to go down for an interview the next day.
Super posh place. The interviewers seemed really nice too. Whole thing lasted about half hour. Very long. Salary may also be so-so. But did I say Deutsche?! Sounds damn good too eh?

Thing is.. right after the Deutsche interview, Saipem called me to say they would likely make an offer the next day (today). Deutsche on the other hand says that even if I get through this round, I'll need to meet with the Director herself for a 2nd round.

For comparison's sake, here's what I'm getting now on top of my monthly salary:
- Bonuses: AWS and variable
- 14 day leave (just upgraded to 18 days after hitting 5 years with the company)
- Pay flat fee of $5 each medical visit (the rest subsidised)

So now, I'm just confused:
1) Current company: Offer to become marketing executive. No firm plans given to me.

2) Construction company: That's the interview I went to on Saturday. Good salary and with bonuses but alternate Saturday, 12 day leave and claim of $20 per medical visit.

3) Saipem: Will have the bonuses (which will supposedly make up for the lower salary). Not sure about the rest.

4) Deutsche: Will not have AWS, only variable. 21 day leave. Fully subsidised medical up to certain cap, then staff to pay 10%.

I sure as hell hope that Saipem calls me later on Monday, while Deutsche calls me back today. This way at least I can go for the 2nd interview for Deutsche and have a bit of time to just delay giving a definite answer to Saipem.

I'm overwhelmed by the offers given to me. I'm amazed to even be called by Deutsche. I mean, it is one hell of a premium bank ain't it? Going to their office was like town mouse (me) visiting the city. So suaku. So blur.

Sigh. Please please please let everything fall into place like I hope it would....

How how how...........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home