Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, June 18, 2007

Don't you love weekends?

I had one hell of a good weekend. It was packed with so many activities! I absolutely loved it.

Friday
I wore a dress to work. I don't do that unless I know I am going out right after. And I did. I met up with a friend I hadn't met in a couple of years. He had sms-ed me several days before, asking if I was interested in catching something from the Singapore Arts Festival. To my surprise it was actually "Play! A Video Game Symphony". It was the one show of the festival that I had my eyes on.

He works for SPH, and was supposed to bring me to the reception (to swipe up free food) but he had to rush a story and landed up late for the show. Thankfully they allowed us to enter even after the show started. We'd missed the first piece.

I hadn't been to this hall before. It was the concert hall. Very nice. If only one day our band could perform there..... Back to the concert. The Singapore Festival Orchestra didn't seem to be able to get it together in the first half, but it was waaaay better in the second hald. Maybe because the repertoire was better too. Legend of Zelda, Halo, Castlevania... Great sounding music. It has been too long since I attended an arts event.

He said he had to treat me to dinner after for being late, so we went to Maxwell market where we ate till we were a little too full. I had another appointment after so I told him to drop me off at Clementi central.

Guess who I went to meet up with at long last? AH CHANG!!!!!! We finally made the KTV-outing materialise!!! Thanks to Eddy too else it'd have just been the 2 of us. You know how ironic it was? I was with 2 of Dearie's campmates (Eddy is also Dearie's biking-buddy), while that same night, Dearie was out somewhere with Patrick and his friends. And Patrick was someone he got to know through me. Wahahaha!!!

Anyway, I liked just singing and singing. Too bad I was tired else I think I could have sung better and more! We only left at 3am. Eddy stays in Clementi too but he could ride home. Ah Chang stays somewhere near Tiong Bahru.. but he actually walked me all the way back to my block!!! SO SWEEEEET! Aiyo.... Fangfang better accept him lah. He good guy wat... scared wat....

Saturday
I crawled out of bed to dress up for an interview. It was one of those face-to-face things that the agency set up to clarify some stuff with me. After that then will they start sending out my resume to companies. Managed to reach right on time at 10:30am.

I was back home by noon. Greeted by the naughty cheeky monkey Kiki! I played with him for quite a while, but luckily mummy made him take a nap so I went to do the same too. By the time I woke up, only my sister was at home. Ki had gone out shopping. Again.

I only had breakfast before the interview. After my nap it was well in the evening. I munched on Famous Amos in front of the TV. Dearie said he had gone to snap passport sized photos for his resume. I didn't know if he was coming over or whether we were going out.

Not too long later, I could hear the rustle of my dad's keys, and the familiar chatty voice of Kiki outside the door. He came rushing in the house as usual. Walking up behind him was Dearie!!!

Why the exclamation mark? Because he was in a long sleeved shirt and tie. Did I mention I LUUUUUURVE it when he dresses up like that? Well.... I DO. Just like men in uniform? Yeah, same effect. But hey, not every guy makes me smile and laugh like him so yep! Full marks for the get-up!

He told me that some people were going up north to Kulai (some place in M'sia) for dinner. Fooood. Just what I needed. Of course I said ok. We had to leave quickly so i changed, grabbed my stuff and sped off. We made a stop at his place for me to get his armoured jacket (funny how I'm the one wearing it although he bought it for himself with the birthday money I gave him), and for me to wear a full-faced helmet. THis time he even lent me his sister's gloves. Except for my feet, I was almost all geared up. Note to self: I need to get shoes.

Road conditions were wet but we set off to meet the rest at the petrol kiosk inside. The rain wasn't too bad on the way there. But the worst thing that happened was that a bike got lost. And no, you DON'T want to get lost in M'sia. Somehow one of them sped straight ahead when he should've made a turn. This despite having someone they called a "marker" to wait at the turn and signal where to turn.

2 bikes even set off to look for them to no avail. The fella and his pillion didn't have autoroam so they couldn't contact them at all. In the end we just ate to our hearts' content, hoping that they were safe.

On the way back, it poured. Dearie had it bad, trying to keep up with the rest on the wet roads, plus blocking much of the rain. Thank goodness for the gloves cos they helped. Even with the jacket I was cold. My jeans were soaked and my feet could feel the millions of raindrops piercing like needles. (Ok.. I may exaggerate a little.) Note to self: I seriously need to buy shoes.

Back at the petrol station, they managed to contact the person who was lost. He somehow managed to turn out and find his way back to the causeway, and back to Singapore. Wow. 1) Luckily he found his way without getting mugged, etc. 2) Luckily he had enough petrol.

The rain was still heavy so the whole bunch (well, almost all) waited out till it was almost clear. I went back to Dearie's place, and stayed the night there.

Sunday
It is such a sweet feeling getting to wake up beside someone you love. Too bad it was because of the alarm though. We wanted to go have lunch, drop by Queensway to buy things like shoessss, then he could drop me off for flute practice, and he to wash his bike with the bikers.

By the time we left and landed up back at my place, it wasn't that early and we knew Queensway would have to wait another weekend. I printed my flute scores, packed my stuff, changed and we set off for food. Dearie chose Amoy Street. I never even been there before but because he used to eat there during a temp stint, he had missed the food so much.

The auntie selling the Oyster Pancake could remember him some more. Haha! He had been raving about it since forever. He finally managed to sink his teeth into them again.

He dropped me off at my friend's ulu apartment and he zoomed off.

It had been 6 months since I last played the flute. It felt good - but seriously, I suck so bad at it again. Sigh. We tried a few arrangements that were purchased, and some I made. Just pure music making. So cooool.

We got tired by 6+. Just nice, Dearie sms-ed me to say he was about done too. Great timing. I told myself to remember to arrange a few more pieces whenever I could. Flute Quartets from piano pieces. Haha! I'm beginning to get the hang of it.

Dearie picked me up and we headed to Marina Square to look for Ah Chang. Dearie needed to get his PSP back. We had dinner and walked around. I actually thought we were going back to my place, but he said he was going to meet with a friend who was in a bike accident. Nice guy, poor thing.

While we waited for the call to go down, I scouted for shoe designs and picked out a few, all of which from Puma. Funny how I still haven't seen a nice backpack.

We went to Toa Payoh for the meet-up. Damn. He was still limping badly. No crutches but he was obviously still recovering. It was nice just sitting there listening to them talk. I actually understood what they were saying! Oh my gosh!!! Ok, maybe not everthing but like 80% ok?! That's a super major improvement.

Too bad I had to work the next day (today), so we all left by 1. I think. I don't really remember the time. Hmm..

------

Now how packed a weekend was that?! I loved it I loved it I loved it!

Life should be this way!!!

------

This Friday I'll be going off to Bintan. My family (parents and 2 sisters) will all be going together. We haven't done that in YEAAARRRSSSS. It'd be interesting. You know who this trip is really for? Who else right? Kiki. Yes, he's coming along. First time out of the country.

We're going to have to take turns and look after him. Going to be extremely tiring. I will need to charge the battery of the camera to its max!!!

Another fulfilling weekend coming right up. Too bad it's without Dearie, but I guess it'd be good if he had a little rest from me. Not have me bug him for a day. Not have me nag him for a day. He can go meet his friends in peace and gossip all he wants about me. Haha!

It's been a long time since I donned a bikini. I'm not looking forward to a tan so I'll be slapping a whole tube of sunblock. Why? Because I was born tan. Dark, more like it. If I get tan, it can take me half a year to get back to my regular "dark" self.

Anyway, more of that when I go and come back.

Ooooooh. I am indeed getting my life back on track. This is the way my life had been before studying and it's going to be this way for as long as I can keep it up. Heehee!

The time to enjoy is here. It's NOW!

7 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

This entry muz haven taken damn long to write. So detailed and u sound so busy!!!!!! Anw, think the cream is like 40+ ex ex ex

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

This entry muz haven taken damn long to write. So detailed and u sound so busy!!!!!! Anw, think the cream is like 40+ ex ex ex

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Hahahaha. Happening Weekend Sia !

It's Like The First Time I Saw My Name In Your Post For A Few Times. Hahaha. Unbelivable Sia. Sorry For My Bad Singing Man, I Sounded Bad.

I Now Also Realise That It's The First Time You Saw My Face For 2 Times In A Week. UNBELIVABLE AGAIN !

Hahahaha. I'm Not Sweet Lah, It's Because It's Really Very Late And Quiet Liao. Walking You Back Is A MUST ! Not Only Me Lah, Any Guy Also Will Walk You Back One.

Hahaha. Waiting For Her To Gimme Just That One Chance I Think I Can Wait Until Old Lor. I Also Dun Have Much Chance To Walk Her Home Also Liao.

I Think We Should Plan Another KTV Outing With Maybe 1 Or 2 More Person. 3 Person Sing Also Very Tiring.

Dun Worry, I'll Go Train My Singing Den Next Time When We Go Singing Session You Guys Will Call Me " Chang DongLiang " ! Hahahahahaha

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

HB: took a while lah. haha! make up for all the time i never blog when i said i would. can help pple waste time mah.
eh. the cream so exp.... better work sia.

Chang: eh. u dun sound bad ok? u'll be surprised. not every guy will send a girl back. :O)
yep yep! another outing! Chang DongLiang?! no more Sun Xiezhi?! HAHAHA!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger zhengning said...

Wow! What a long post :D You must had really enjoyed your weekend and fulfiled lots of things you wanted to!
oh, and enjoy your trip to Bintan! :D

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Hahahaha. Is Look Like Sun XieZhi, Sing Like Zhang DongLiang !

Hahahaha. Aiya, Anyway It's Leisure Singing. If I Dun Sound Good It's The People Suffer, Not I Suffer Mah.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

ZN: Thanks!!!

Chang: yup yup. sing for fun nia mah. sing how good or bad also dun matter. happy can liaoz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home