Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Not been doing much

Amazingly, after the exams, I haven't been doing much. I thought I'd be so pumped up from the adrenaline of having ended my torture of 3 months. But noooo. I have started to slack.

That can be a good thing.. can't it? After all, working and studying for the past 3 years, I think I deserve to slack around for a while. (I'm really just trying to justify myself aren't I?)

Dearie and I have finished watching Heroes at long last. Now, to finish up Prison Break Season 2, get my hands on Criminal Minds Season 2 Episode 1, and a bunch of other stuff.

On Friday night, he brought me to go "rounding" - which really just means go around Singapore on a bike (or car).

On Saturday, we went to orchard and both got haircuts. Something we needed. It felt like a really nice date. We spent so much time together in the library mugging over the exam period but any couple will tell you it's a different experience. Going out to Orchard, shopping, etc. Now that's a date.

Plus, did I mention I bought my watch already? My pretty pretty pretty Folli Follie watch. Cost me a whopping $365. Officially the most expensive thing I've ever bought for myself. And because I can't find a photo of it online, nor is the camera with me, I'll leave you in suspense as to how it looks like.

After the walking around, and being stuck in a very bad traffic jam, we went rounding again - though it wasn't supposed to be rounding. Some people were supposed to put their bikes up against each other on long straights. It wasn't really a race but more like messing around with the bikes. But this bunch of people are nice. They're all younger than me sia.... I'm old...

We didn't stay around for too long because ... we were going to A&W the next morning!!! Where the hell got A&W you ask? Well, Dearie rode me up - together with a large bunch of older riders - to some part of Malaysia to eat that. I tell you it was super yummy lor. I'm referring to the curly fries of course. I miss it already. Too bad I didn't get to eat the waffle. Was too full already. It was a very long ride, partially because Dearie wasn't going as fast. Plus the scorching sun probably made it feel longer than it was.

The ride back didn't feel as long. But all in all I had fun. It was exhausting for Dearie I'm sure. The A&W bear came out and had loads of fun messing with the guys. Photos are somewhere in the Singapore Bike Forums. If I'm not wrong, under a section Chatterbox - Iron Horse. Very nice photos.

I haven't been doing much of anything after the weekend. Lazing around mainly. Damn. I've been sending out resumes via JobsDB. I haven't got any interviews, but hey, it's only been a week. I'll see how it goes. No hurry. I'm enjoying life as it is for now.

There's much to do, buy, see, watch, etc etc. I guess I am trying to take things one step at a time. After all, I've got a whole lifetime to do all the things I said I wanted to do. What's the hurry? Why hurry through life when you can take it slowly and savour each moment?

There's stuff going on in Dearie's life. If he wrote this entry, it would be soooo much more interesting. But it's his life and I do not think it would be right for me to blurt everything else.

My poor poor boy. As in literally poor. I guess one of the reasons why I don't mind he's poor is because I'm insecure. Too many horror stories about men with money cheating on their girlfriends and wives. Then again, poor ones do that too. Lower probability only lah. But another reason is that it's easier to enjoy the simpler things. I know I've been waaaaay over-spending lately, and I like to bask in luxury whenever I can afford it. Dearie likes it too. But I'm glad we still can enjoy a good meal at a food court, window shop, go around on a bike, watch lots of tv, etc.

Budget activities, he calls them. Hahahaha! A lot of things don't seem to need lots of money to do. But once in a while, I guess I'll still fork out a sum to pamper ourselves - whether it is to eat at a restaurant, drink, ktv.. Like I said before, as long as we enjoy ourselves, the pricetag sometimes just doesn't matter that much.

Speaking of which, I should start thinking about "budget activities". On the top of my head, I have... picnic, model painting, more dvd nights...

Jialat. I'm back into running my life leeching off his. I told myself that I've got to lead my own so I wouldn't scare him away. Hmm.. guess it's not to that stage yet. I'll remind myself to be mindful again. Ah... it feels like how we just started off 5 years ago...

Till then, it's simple enjoyments for me. For us. :O)

3 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Wah Lau ! Your Watch Costs More Than My PSP ! OH MY GOD ! Different People Different Bah. Ask Me Spend Like $100 For A Pair Of Shoes Is Like Out Of The Question.

If The PSP Is Not A Present From My Mom I Think Until Now I Also Dun Own A PSP Lor.

To Me Lah, I Prefer To Spend More On Food. Like Bringing FangFang Go Eat Nice Nice Food. Expensive Nvm, Must Eat Happy Happy Den Can.

Hahaha. Enjoy Ur Slacking Man ! A Hongkong Trip Waiting For Me In August !

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Eh. Even my handphone also not so expensive one ok?! This watch must last me 10 years then will be worth it. but ya, pay $100 for something to step on, no way. in fact $100 for a piece of clothing also cannot. ridiculous liaoz. $50 i also hiam.

waaaah. dun mind spending money on fangfang ah... she so lucky lor... no one spend on me lehz... HAHAHA! but ya, must eat till happy!

lucky u get to travel! i waiting for my turn!!!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Chang said...

First Time Sit Aeroplane Leh. Gan Chiong Sia. But Going HongKong For Work Lah. 3Days 2Night Only. Very Fast Come Back. But At Least Can Experience Go HongKong.

Hahaha, Of Course I Dun Mind Spending Money On Her Lah. Anyway She Only Spend More On Food Only Mah. SHe Seldom Anyhow Buy Things One. The Thing Is I Dun Mind But I Duno She Mind Or Not Mah. She's Only A FREN Lor. -_-||

 

Post a Comment

<< Home