Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Celebratory Weekend

I know I haven't signed any letter of appointment, but surely Deutsche would not "fly my aeroplane" after I've resigned... would they?

Anyway, I've officially accepted their offer over the phone so I'm holding on to their word. Can't wait to go down and sign my tiny name with the gigantic bank.

Needless to say, I was very happy through the weekend. But like all happiness (in my belief), it is a zero-sum game. If one is very happy, there's someone out there crying in pain.

Sure enough, on Saturday night, that was indeed the case. A girl in the biking group had just found out that her boyfriend of 5 years was cheating on her. I can't help but find the scenario incredibly familiar.

The cheating didn't happen to me, but my sister. She'd been through loads of shit. And I'm talking about my younger one. But that's a story I shall not tell here. It is hers, and abuse it I shall not.

The part of being together 5 years did strike a cord with me. Not too long ago, earlier this year, faithful readers would remember my bout of depression and wallowing in self-pity.

Back then I started to realise Dearie was going out a lot more without me and I suspected something wasn't right. Although I never found out anything, I'm glad we worked it through. It only involved me pouring out my thoughts to him, and he finally bringing me out to see his biking friends. A lot of give and take. And now I feel we're even closer than before. Still, there're lots of things I've yet to discoverr about him. I know him in some ways... and I think it helps not to know too much sometimes.

Poor girl who got cheated... apparently when she was finally brought out to meet this bunch, I heard she was delighted to finally be able to see his friends too. To maybe know a bit more about him. To find out more. Just like me. Unfortunately what she has found out has hurt her badly.

That was Saturday night. After watching that Shu Qi show we went to Kent Ridge Park and Tuas. We went for breakfast at MacDonalds then headed home. It was 7am. Stayed out all night. Pretty amazing feat for myself.

Got home in time to see Ki. We had just spend the entire afternoon with him on Saturday. Brought him to my dad's family day thingy at Sentosa. He had so much fun. Dearie and I did too - we got spray-on tattoos. WAHAHAHA! So lame but damn cool to wear out.

Sunday night.. I did something I met up with JX and Lichen. Too very close secondary school friends. In fact, JX and I go back to primary school. The oldest friend I have. Both of them are married. Lichen as usual shared her sex life details which is always interesting to listen to (PS: Not all girls do this. Please.). JX on the other hand, I learnt is going through a rift in her marriage because of her mother-in-law. Hope everything works out fine.

Relationships are funny things. Tt can make a person. And it can crush one too.

It was an incredibly long weekend with a lot more details but I've got to try to clear as much work as I can for now. And partially because I'm anxious. I am really really really really really looking forward to signing that appointment letter with Deutsche.

I leave you with a handsome shot of King Ki in his castle.

Ah.. I need to watch Die Hard and Harry Potter! (For once I've actually read the book, so I want to see how they've transformed it into this installment!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home