Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Note to self: Don't set up own business

For the 2nd time, I organised the charity fund raising in the name of the President's Challenge 2006. It's becoming an annual affair for my company. Apparently the corporate office sets a target, and we are all supposed to meet it in whatever way possible.

Obviously the easiest way out would be to get every employee to come up with a sum of money - but then, not every employee may be willing to do so. Moreover, we're "encouraged" to come up with activities to raise the money.

So we held another sale of items at the lobby of where I work. For 2 days I became an ice-cream seller (amongst other foods). Kinda like a pasar malam.


Some of the items we had on sale..



It's good to know that the hard work paid off. Total profits offset half of our targeted amount - meaning each employee only needs to come up with half of what was originally set by the corp office.

Too much work just for a few hours of sales. Standing and selling is one thing. Setting up and closing the accounts is another. I landed staying in office till 8:20pm last night. Worked more than 12 hrs lor...

I got home, rested a little while, then Dearie knocked off at 9pm and picked me up in a few minutes after. He was meeting his gang for supper - which really was dinner for us.

I was exhausted, but like I always say, time hanging out with friends usually prevails. Dearie sent me back and was supposed to head home to play his games, but I managed to drag him into my room. I guess I just needed someone to snuggle up to after a long day of work - and a hell lot more ahead. We dozed off once we lay down on the bed, and by the time Dearie went back, it was 2am. Oops.

I've got the sweetest guy as a boyfriend, a pity about the financials though. But I couldn't get the best of both worlds could I?
Never mind. Next time I'll manage his money. Then problem solved. HEEHEE...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home