Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Time off

Another first!

I took half a day off on a Monday. Right after my meeting, I rushed to pack up my stuff and went downstairs where Dearie picked me up.

I had a date with his friends to go KTV! Believe it or not, I haven't been to KTV since April. At least that's what I can remember. I sound like crap, but hey, I just like being in there listening to people sing, and having a go at it myself.

Can't say the same for Dearie who had his usual doze off in the room. But at least he went.

We zoomed off to Bugis after. One of them needed to get something there I guess. Since Dearie rode, we reached first and I did a little shopping. Bad choice. Total damage was $35.90 for a pair of green heels. Why green? Dearie chose the colour. Hot pink wasn't really for me, and black was a little too formal - and still wasn't what I wanted. So I guess it had to do.

It shouldn't shock me because it wasn't the first time I saw it. Watson's had 2 Durex products on its shelf for satisfying women. Yep. I'm talking about a dildo and vibrator. I've seen the packaging before. Either in magazines or on the shelf. Somehow it just didn't register that you can now get these in your neighbourhood! Haha! And no, I didn't get either.

We met up again, and had a good dinner. Made me late for class by half an hour. But heck, if not for class we could have gone on for a movie, and supper, blah blah. Damn class.

---

Maybe it's the stress I'm under lately. Maybe it's PMS.

THe whole day, and probably the past weekend, I've been lamenting about Dearie again. The usual stuff I don't like about him. And since his friends said the same stuff, why not join in the "fun"?

Dearie's still working at a call centre that is totally unrelated to what he's studying. And don't ask me what is it exactly he wishes to be doing after graduating 'cos although he says he wants a job that pays $2500 (yeah riiiite), he doesn't even know what he wants to get.

Then he keeps spending more than he really has. Now THAT pisses me off big time. And his friends can't stand it either, but then again, they aren't the ones who hope for a future with him. He isn't even making an effort to stop this bad habit.

Sigh.

I really wonder. I know Dearie sees us together in the (near?) future. But if he continues his lifestyle like this, I do not know if I'd want the same. Guys hardly change, so if he doesn't, what will happen next time?

Love is a many splendid thing... but if it is going to be a drain on the practical side of things (read: money), how will it sustain? I'm not asking for diamonds, or a car, or even a lavish wedding.. All I'm asking for is some sort of material planning for the future and not just talk.

Too much to ask for from a student? Perhaps. But as just another girl, I'm sure anyone out there would know that what I'm seeking is really simple.. How could it be asking for too much?

---

On Wednesday and Thursday, at Ayer Rajah Crescent, I'll be holding a charity sale for the President's Challenge at the Starhub lobby. Anyone who is there, please buy something from me. All proceeds go to charity.

---

I need people to come see my band concert too... I'm not asking you to pay for the tickets, 'cos honestly, I'll be more than willing to treat you to it. Just drop me a note, and I can mail the tickets to you - or meet up?

---

For those who miss Ki..


---

My short barely half day time off is clearly not enough for me to destress... As each day goes by I'm driven by how much I feel like I'm needed at the office.

But at the same time I'm just as drained by how much I expect myself to perform at each task - work and band alike.

I need a retreat. Where should I go?

8 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Hmmm. Ur Concert Is Wat Time To Wat Time? Coz I Work Until 10pm On Saturday. If I Can Make It I Dun Mind Going One.

Aiya, Let Him Finish His Studies First Before He Thinks For His Future.

But 2.5k Per Month Seriously Is Abit Difficult Lor. He Think He Got Doctorate or Masters Izzit. Must Make Him Wake Up His Idea Den Can.

Daytime Go KTV Very Funny Leh. I Nv Daytime Go KTV Before One. Think Daytime Sing The Feeling Abit Funny.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

chang: my concert on sat 7:30pm.........
yeah, he need to wake up his idea - spend more than he earn is a serious thing. constantly in debt. dream abt big bike, etc when he dun even put in effort to work towards getting it. perhaps when he get the bike, i not ard liaoz cos he spend all the time and effort getting the bike, i dunno wat i become..
he dunno how to think. and when ask him to think, he always think too long until time run out and opportunity lapse. totally no decision making skill.

ktv i anytime go also can. as long as people willing to jio me go, i'll go one. hehe..

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

i dunno lahz. maybe i plan better. or i plan too much. when i was studying i'll also make sure i know what i want in life (what i want when I'm 30, 35, etc). at least when 30, i hope to be married. last time i even hoped for a kid. now.... i think not possible.... already 24 liaoz.
who ask him not to smoke, gamble, drink - and most importantly so faithful (as far as I know).
who ask me still stupid stupid head over heels for him...

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

Did you talk to your bf about all these problems? Dont make it sound like you putting all the blame on him but talk about how to share his problems.

Love can make guys change themself if they see an urgent need too. Maybe its time you try to push him in that direction.

As for a nice retreat to destress, you can always go someplace different and do stuff you wont get a chance to do here.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Hahaha. His bf Is A Different Human Species. Die Die Wun Listen One.

But Still He's A Nice Guy Lah Although Sometimes Abit Irritating.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Genting Highlands is a great place for retreat if you're looking for thrill rides :) But if u just want to relax and unwind, you should consider Cameron Highlands :) If you don't mind the sun's crappy heat, then maybe you would settle for a beach holiday at Tioman, Pulau Redang or Langkawi :)

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

sexual innuendo: yep. Like what chang say - he won't listen one. I only take comfort in knowing at least he's learning class 2A. 'cos at least he's using his time to learn something.

Michael: I may not survive the trip up to cameron highlands. i hear it's too winding. i'm ok with beach resorts though - but i've been going to them almost every trip. but then again, it may be exactly what i need.

alvin: one word - MONEY. haha! by the way, read about Darwin in aussie. sounds interesting....

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger blueapple said...

Yeah.. Woman seek financial security... No need for the guy to be very rich.. but just at least earn a stable income.. right ?

Hmmm.. maybe when he finish his studies.. come out to work liao he might change.. Give him time ba...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home