Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Jolly good weekend

I got to play with Ki at his house on Saturday. Brought him to the Bukit Batok Civil Servants Club ('cos my dad signed up a membership there). Couldn't swim 'cos it was too hot, so landed up back at his house (just opposite the club) and played with him some more.

In the evening, we all went swimming at the club. His papa went too! Dearie also frolicked around in the water. Heehee! Ki is afraid of water touching his face. Hahahahaha!

After that, headed home. Took a bath, and went out with Dearie for dinner with Bladey and YL. Stupid ulcer meant I had to settle for Yoshinoya. Not a big fan, but beats eating fast food again. I'm eating too much of that.

Caught the movie Cars. FANTASTIC MOVIE AT LAST! After a disappointing "Over The Hedge" and X-Men 3", Cars is definitely the winner. Absolutely hilarious... A movie made just for kiki. Dearie and I just couldn't help wondering how happy Ki would be to watch it.

Oh, and Dearie collected the Hard Gay toy he ordered. I got myself one too! 55 freaking dollars okaaaay?!



$55 for a toy I didn't hesitate to buy, but less than $20 for a bag or accessories I'll consider like crazy. I'm nuts.

It was really late by the time I got to sleep. 4am I think.

---

Got up at noon. Ki came over. I didn't play with him much 'cos I left the house at 2pm to go over to Dearie's place.

Later on that evening I met up with some secondary school friends. Had dinner at Sushi Tei at Raffles City. Very good embience. Will definitely go there again. And this coming from someone who doesn't like Japanese food.

We were there to discuss her wedding plans. I am vastly inexperienced in this field. I listened to all the various customs, etc that I never knew existed. This would be the first wedding I'll actually be playing a part in. So many details to go through, but the gist of the night focused around her ROM life now.

Living with her mother-in-law forced her into a depression. Long story. She's a strong person. I'm sure she'll be fine. Hope her wedding goes really well.

Hearing all these planning makes me rethink the idea of holding a wedding dinner. No wonder people just want a buffet lunch and get it over and done with. I'm thinking I'll end up doing the same.

Great thing about these gatherings is that everyone is so different. Our common ground is that we were in the same class in Sec 3 and 4. Oh, and Dearie didn't go cos I thought it's supposed to be a girly thing anyway so better not. In case I haven't mentioned it before, Dearie was in the same class.

We didn't compare what brands our bags were, what we were wearing, who was earning the most (though money woes always come up)... we always caught up about just what everyone was up to, plans for the future, and reminise about the past.

---

I haven't watched any soccer matches lately. Probably catch the final few only. Only interested in Korea, England and Brazil.

I came up with a list of things I wanted to buy. THen realised I didn't even need it. Everything on the list are the same things I am always looking out for anyway. Bags, shoes, clothes, etc. Only that I seriously need to get those proper shoes. I'm waiting for my $20 URS voucher from UOB that I redeemed with my UNI$. Heehee!

I'm willing to invest in a good versatile bag too. Haven't seen one that says "GRAB ME!" - at an affordable price. $1000 is NOT affordable.

Clothes.. I am looking for some body hugging stuff. But I'm not willing to pay much because I always land up passing the clothes on to charity or someone else rather soon.

Accessories? Maybe a bag charm (which really is an elaborate keychain or long handphone strap). I like the Swarovski handphone straps. So much that I bought it as a wedding present for a friend. Haha! I think it was $70. Doubles up as a bracelet. Hmm.. I'm just tempting myself ain't I?

Oh oh.. Swarovski has clip earrings too. Hmm... but not worth for earrings unless they're pinned into the ear. Clip earrings can fall off more easily. Better not.

Wah kaoz. Why am I thinking about all these things?!?!?! I should be saving my money up! ARGH. But since I'm not spending it on KTV anyway, I've got "spare" cash. Back to thinking about what to buy...

Sickening GSS. Clearing old stock only. Humph. Want to buy things also difficult. Cannot buy stuff that are too common, nor can they be out of fashion.

Ah. I need to get a watch too. Hmm.. Still can't find the booth for Folli Follie. I just need to check if it's affordable. Guess watches are getting too common - and too pasar malam.

It's 10+ now. Time to head back to my room. This gigantic ulcer is making me feel sick. Better than a sore throat, but doesn't make me feel any less heaty.

No tv shows worth catching. Think I'll run my fingers a little on the piano.

7 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Yah Lor. Long Time Nv Go KTV With You Liao. The Last Time Is LAST YEAR October.

Miss Your Superb Voice. Your Kit Chan Sound-Alike Voice. We Still Haven Tried "Shan Hu Hai" Together.

I Got Alot Of New Songs On The List Also.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

wah kaoz. u can still remember is october?! haha!
I so many months no go ktv.. prob sound more like a toad-croaking version of kit chan than anything.

mi many songs no try before.. and no see MTV before!!! I WANNA GO KTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next week is the final week of my "holiday"!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger INVS 2.0 said...

I like that game in the past. Using the knife or sword to poke the pirate in the jar.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Cool! You can play the piano! :D Which grade are you in? :)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

starlandliu: how come everyone seems to have played it before but me?!?!! yup. the original was a pirate!!!

Michael: i got my diploma 6 yrs ago. heehee! theory grade 8 though. i only play the piano for fun now. a pity i'm not using it to bring in the $$$. fantastic money out there. but... i don't trust myself to teach professionally. probably for charity or to people who want to learn for fun.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

That toy looks cool, but the price i got to consider. hehe.

Yeah, wedding dinners are a hassle as i mentioned before. Best is just a buffet and be done with everything, afterall, its only between the 2 of you.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Ha, ha, ha...! You and my wife can give each other a high five. She also got her diploma around 6 years ago with grade 8 theory. But she's not teaching because she doesn't have the patience ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home