Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Primary School Gathering - One cycle later

Cycle refers to 12 years (Chinese sheng1 xiao4).

It was a rather impromptu gathering, if you could call it that. I'd been planning for it since 3 weeks back, just asking people to turn up. I really didn't expect many to.

Started when I figured that since it was my holidays, the time off from studying and going for classes would be blank, and I definitely won't be playing my piano the entire night. My fingers will get tired you know... And I didn't have THAT much TV to watch. I just needed to get something done. Make my time useful.

So I recalled that YL once said during CNY that we should have a dinner gathering some day, and we even suggested during mid-year. We can say all we want, but to make it come true would be the real deal, so tada!

The smses went around. It was easier this time. The last time I organised the BBQ at my place, it was about 2 years back, and from then, some people started keeping in touch again.

It was good to see a turn out of about 17 people tonight. Our class had 43 you see. 12 years later. Almost all of us are still connected to each other some way or another.

The star of the gathering was of course, our Chinese teacher. The only one who has kept in touch with us all these years.

I don't know which photo is better, so here's both that we took.

It was a miracle that YX actually DID turn up. She's almost always come up with an excuse to run away from meeting up. It was fantastic seeing everyone again. Faces all about the same - only difference was we all grew taller, and some expanded sideways or shrunk.

We managed to fit into the VIP room at Sushi Tei very cosily. I don't like Japanese food but damn, the service was good and the ambience too. Bill came up to about $210 for all of us. CHEAP!

We spent the night thinking about all the funny things we did as kids. It was hilarious.

Still, question of the night goes to the guy sitting across me during dinner.
Zhirong: Can I ask you a question?
Me: Sure!
Zhirong: Alvin's your brother ah?
Me: ?!?!?! (Turns to stare at Alvin seated beside me)
Zhirong: [Looks back at me waiting for an answer]
Me: No! We just happened to be in the same poly, same course, same class.
Zhirong: Oh.. because I always see you two together.


So the funny thing is this:
1) Since when did he always see us together unless he was also in Ngee Ann Poly?
2) Shouldn't the first question that pops into your head be: are you two going out together as a couple?
3) Extreme case scenario question: Are you two married?
4) Alvin and I have different surnames, how are we brother and sister?
5) Wouldn't we have to be twins to be in the same class, and be at the same gathering?

And he actually thought through the question before actually popping it. Now THAT was amazing. Absolute highlight of the night for me. Very cute of him to ask.

We had a great time and made a date that on the first weekend of every Chinese New Year, we would meet up at our teacher's place.

Hope it happens.

Another cycle and we'd be tugging our children along to the gathering. Then we'd definitely have to book a function room and have a buffet instead.

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

Always nice to gather up your old friends and sit down for dinner.

And all of you tugging kids along for the next cycle might just come true after all if you think about it. Thats life for ya.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Alvin: yeah brudder!

sexual innuendo: We all dare not think abt next cycle. hahaha!

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, it's been awhile since i last saw any of u gals. but it looks like u gals are doing fine, yah? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home