Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Night out with friends (belated post)

Thursday night:
Went to Eastside at Mohd Sultan after a good band meeting. I was very tired as usual, but since I'd given my word, I made myself get there anyway.

Later on, I leart Dearie was "forced" to go by my friends so we decided to just make our way down together.

We found the place, sat down and saw they had 2 bottles of Chivas, one of which they were halfway through. I really didn't want to drink that night, but with that much alcohol on the table, if I didn't drink that tiny bit that I did, I wonder how much longer the night wouuld have been.

Anyway, the real thing I want to mention is this:
Waiter: I'm sorry but you can't wear 3/4 pants here.
Dearie: So what do you want me to do now?


Mind you, we walked into the bar without any waiter stopping us despite them seeing us anyway. There was no visible sign outside stating this too.

I do not think Dearie's reply was by any way rude (or as the waiter told my sister's waiter friend - xia lan). In fact, I would have said the exact same thing.

We already ordered drinks, were comfortably seated, and ordered quite a bit of food some more. What did they want us to do? Go outside where there are no tables left? Or remove his pants and they offer another longer pair?

Bladey didn't think much of the reply either. Neither did Evon who heard it and said that Dearie's tone was in no way rude, but more of a mixture of bewilderment.

YL and my sister thought otherwise. They said he should have reacted with something along these lines:
Dearie: Brother, don't like that lah. Come here have fun only. I sit further in so not so obvious can?


And if it happened to me, I should have reacted like this:
Me: Oh, come on, pleeeease? *flutter eye lashes* I'm already so comfotable here... (cue: whiny voice) Pleeeeaassse?


Perhaps that's the expected etiquette in this bar-type of place. Too bad because I don't frequent such places. And my belief is that if no one said anything about it in the beginning, then no one should say anything about it when I'm seated and ordered stuff. And especially if I'm a paying customer, I do not expect you to bow down to me on every want I have but if you say that because of the attire, one can't stay in the place any more, the least you can do is offer a solution and not chase the customer out. What kind of business ethic is that?!

I pay money then you chase me out. How nice ah?

Well, we left after half a Chivas was left. I played that dumb 5-10 game and was a little high from it. We left for supper at Sin Hoi Sai. Dearie wanted to go there so bad we all just gave in. He didn't want to be at the bar anyway. He was looking forward to supper only.

Then he did the most irritating thing ever: we asked him what he wanted to eat since the lady was ready to take our order, and his reply was a curt DON'T KNOW.

WHAT THE HELL!!?!?

We made the trip to the place and you say you don't know?! Argh. Isn't it damn irritating when a guy doesn't have a mind of his own?

Anyway for some odd reason the entire weekend he just wasn't very much in a mood close to "good". I'll just give in to that. Everyone's entitled to mood swings, so I'll have to let him have that.

Dearie slept over at my place that night. We were to wake up early to go temple visiting in the morning.

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

Well, guys have time of the month too. Maybe its just one of those days for him ba.

I would have said the same thing to the waiter too. I mean, so many people see liao and dont stop you, no clear dressing rules also. So if everyone else dont have a problem with me, why should you?

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

c'mon... on the account of two bowls of wedges n 1 plate of chicken wings on the house... just forgive them k??? hahaha... anyhow i din even know ZR's supposed to come hor... so i wasn't one of yr frens who forced him there! n i believe nisa's innocent too... when i reached there i heard fr evon den i know...

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Erm, Spiny Is Not In The Wrong Lah. But At Should Reply In A Better Way Lah.

" What You Want Me To Do " Is Realy Abit Guai Lan And Sia Lan Lah. If I'm The Waiter I Sure Curse And Swear One.

Seriously He Should Answer Like, " Eh, Paiseh. Coz Last Minute, Give Chance Lah, Steady Boh." Something Lydat.

Somemore Seriously He Is Sure Giving Those Guai Lan Expression One Lor. But Common Sense Also Know 3/4 Pants Is Not Allowed Mah. He Should Know Better.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

sexual innuendo: yay! u're on my side!

YL: Evon and Nisa made him go one.

Chang: We weren't very sure where we were going, and the gals said it's ok if he came in shorts that's why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home