Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Don't tell me you're busy like I'm not

Work's busy.
Band's busy.
Personal life also busy.
My studies are crying for me to get busy with them.

I know I know. I bring it upon myself. But I can't help it. It makes me feel good. And I didn't exactly ask to take over the band this year. Neither did I expect my bosses to give me more work this year too.

So when my band members tell me they're too busy to make 3 hours to come for band practice, you can't blame me for feeling a little frustrated.

But on the other hand I understand how it works. A little persuasion, nudging... and some of them just need a break. Sigh. I finally get a conductor and now so difficult to get players.

Perhaps I'm just worrying over nothing. Like most of the time. Maybe it's my nature? Haha! I always like to imagine the worst case scenario, and plan how to deal with it. I have extremely slow reactions so planning is my only way of countering that.

---

On the karaoke front, I didn't go practice like I told myself to. Heck. It's probably the least important thing in my life now. Fancy ME saying THAT about singing.

On the American Idol front, "Chicken Little" is FINALLY out. I like Elliot's voice. But I think Taylor will win - and deserves to. And Barry Manilow is amazing. He can just play the piano like that, and arrange the music ..... amazing. That's my kind of thing. I'd like to learn that. Not some dumb business degree.

On the online shopping front, well, I just can't stop. It's almost more exciting to wait for the mail than shop. Almost.

Sooooo many things I could update. A little too mundane to do so, but everything's real exciting in my life now. May not be going as smoothly as I like, but I've always sought for an adventure. I think I'm having one right now.

There's sooooo much to do.... so much that can be done... just a matter of how much you want to!
I'd rather say that I tried, than wait a few years later and think back, "Damn, why didn't I...?"

Don't you?

2 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Way to go girl! That's the attitude and spirit! :) Better to try everything u want to try while you're still young and not married yet. B4 you get more family commitments that come along with getting married and having kid(s), and u can't possibly do all the things you're enjoying now :)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Having a business degree is still more practical in a place like Singapore. How many people actually study music and can make a decent living out of it? Not that many. Not as many as those who are making a living out of a business degree anyway. Actually, it's tougher to study for a music degree than a business degree ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home