Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Friday, September 23, 2005

My childhood friend is married!

I've known her for at least 13 years. This was since Primary 3 when she joined our class mid-way ('cos she was transferred from another school). She was different. Loud voice, outspoken, and seemingly intimidating. She didn't get a very nice welcome from the class (eh, we were kids), but I never was very bothered by such things in the past. (Actually, I still ain't.)

Anyway, I met her at a temple where I went for my Sunday buddhist classes. I smiled and waved at her. She waved back. And from then on, we were friends.

Today, JX turned 23.

Today, she also officially became Mrs Chan.

-----

I left office at 11+ to go for lunch with my colleagues. After which they gave me a ride home and I started to doll up for the ROM session. I think that since she invited me to such a closed event, it would only be right to turn up well dressed. [If I ever have a wedding I'll ban all jeans. HAHAHA!]

My mum and I got there on time at 2:30pm.



I met my primary school teacher Mdm Lin. She taught mandarin when JX and I were in P5 and P6. So many years ago and still in contact. It's amazing.

Then I saw JX's parents and aunt arrive. The appointment was for 3pm but they didn't show up till 2:50pm. You have no idea how nervous we all were for the couple.

They quickly went into the hall. (Such a beautiful couple!)



The couple had to present all the I/Cs to prove all were present, and took a number. Yes. You need to take number.



We moved into a little waiting area where there was a number indicator - complete with a bell to remind you if it's your turn - and a huge plasma tv to show which couples had taken their numbers.


(Oh, that's the bride's father walking past in the photo.)

The couple seemed a little nervous or maybe they just hadn't settled down from the wrong turn they made, causing them to be so late.



My young photographer gave a rundown of what was going to happen when they got into the room. Complete with directions of how to put on the rings so it would look good for the camera. He reminded them to do things slowly so he would have time to snap photos.



We had to wait for about 10-15min. Meanwhile, my mum decided to snap me.



Then one with my teacher.



The number flashed. We got ready and lined ourselves ourside the door to the couple's new future.



"ding-dong"
"Please go in!"

We all squeezed into the little room where a man dressed in a suit would be oversee the procedure and administer it. The couple sat down, and the man made sure that they wre not forced but were getting married out of their free will.



The parent from each side got prepared to sign as witness.



They stood up to exchange rings.



They even had to hold their hands a certain way, and repeat after each other a vow.



The groom kissed the bride and the whole procedure through I was just smiling and couldn't help it at all. It's a wonder how I even managed to take photos in the room. I was just so tremendously happy for her.

They held up the certificate and there was just no stopping the joy in that room.



Somehow, every couple would walk out the door and pose here.



And here.



Awwwwwwwww.........




Must be a standard operating procedure for the photographer.

[Pssst! Did you know they have a solemnisation suite where you can have a grand registration complete with an aisle and arch, with music?! So niiiiiccceeee....
Someone had booked the small hall and the wedding was going on and I got to peep in. I liiiike... Haha!]

The couple went on with the phototaking session at the Spice Gardens (aka the standard place where all people take their wedding photos).

Before we went off for the buffet high tea, we managed to catch the bride for an individual photo each:

Me and JX


Mdm Lin and JX


JX and my mummy

The buffet high tea was at Hotel Phoenix (at Somerset).



We squeezed into a car and zoomed off. The delectable spread indeed tasted just as good.



By 5:30pm, everyone was full and that was the end of the buffet spread anyway. (They even had to ring a bell for that. Haha!)



We left at 5:35pm. Not because the food stopped, but because my dad knocked off, and was waiting for us across the road at his workplace to send us home.

What a happy day. Seeing her find someone who can look after her for the rest of her life. ahhh... So sweeeet...

They're flying off tonight for a week. I hope they enjoy their honeymoon at Goldcoast Australia!

-----

I realised that I was letting a good dress to waste if I didn't take a photo of it, so here it is:



And since a good make-up day shouldn't be wasted either (not like it makes much difference to my looks):



-----

I'm off to Bintan for 2D1N. Bloody hell just got notified they don't accept debit card. ARGH!!! THen my subscription fee for what?!?!?!?!

Nvm. Today happy day. I'll let it pass.

Bintan trip will have A VERY VERY VERY LONG update. Heehee.. Like this one.. or longer. haha!!!

This is my only de-stress window. When I'm back.. full steam ahead liaoz!

1 Comments:

At 3:09 AM, Blogger blueapple said...

Enjoy ur trip to Bintan! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home