Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I suck at studying

Always have. Always will.

This was the first week I had a taste of what to come for EVERY week till early next year in March – I had night classes after work from 7-10pm on Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday.

Oh my gosh…..

It is tough. Keeping awake at lessons never used to be a problem till now. I will need to make sure I get enough sleep the night before.

I also realise that now in year 2, the lecturers are not spoonfeeding us as much as in year 1. Crappy hell… Need to go find text books and read. What the hell.. I haven’t read any text books since I left secondary school.

Psychology lecturer reminds me of Bob Saget (once upon a time host of America’s Funniest Home Videos). Marketing lecturer is good with throwing out examples – which is extremely vital to me ‘cos without examples I usually catch no ball. Accounting lecturer is probably the funniest one. He looks like your typical nerd (or the typical stereotyped accountant) but he is amazingly good at cracking jokes and spicing up the lecture.

Eg: He was trying to illustrate something to us and used this example of how our marks in school differed as we grew older.



He said as we grew older, our marks just declined because when we were six, we only knew how to drink milk and study, but by the time we are 25, we must study and give milk.

Really. You look at him and you just wouldn’t expect anything like that to come out of his mouth, but that’s the icing on the cake. There’re loads more of funny stuff he says.

Back to my modules, I’m beginning to forget what was taught in HRM already. I desperately need to do some major revision lest the memory doesn’t come back in time for the exams in May.

I guess a lot more hard work needs to be put in for this year because I will need to polish my essay writing skills, and learn how to format my answers right. I need to get organised. FAST. Memorising the facts will be another huge hurdle.

I don’t know if I’m slow or what, but I seem to not be able to absorb what is being taught in lectures as fast as I did in year 1. Simple things such as credit and debit confuse me. I can’t follow the lecture as quickly.

All these are worrying me greatly. I’m deciding to do something about it. I want to set aside some time on alternative nights to revise. Thing is, I never was very good at revision either. Mathematical stuff are easier to revise because there’re questions where you try to solve them – and you can whip out one any time of the day and see how fast you can solve it. Essay questions aren’t so direct. You need to sit there for an hour straight just to get a framework for the essay nicely. Even then, you know that the answer could be answered in a few ways depending on how you justify your answer.

Ok. I’m beginning to ramble a lot. I am sooo looking forward to this weekend’s getaway to Bintan. After that it will be study study study in full force liaoz.
(see? Procrastinate again. Heehee…)

-----

Just got caught in the freaking rain. Luckily I worse my windbreaker out of the office. Can double up as a cover for me from the rain. Still got stuck at one of the shelters on the way back to office for 20mins though. Pants are wet now. Sandals are all squishy. Migraine still lingering despite the good pasta lunch. Ahh…

-----

Do guys have no qualms about leeching off a girl? First off, I'm not a feminist. However, neither am I from the era where I think "Men rule". I just thought that even if guys did not have as much finances as the girl, he'd try to work hard and pay off his expenses himself. If cannot afford it, DON'T HAVE IT.

Then again comes in the issue of the girl wanting to pay anyway. Hahahaha..

I also don't believe in borrowing money unless it's circumstances that put you in a position where it is the best way out (like if the whole family depends on a small income). Borrowing money for something you don't need - let's just say... a new computer - is just wrong. Ya. The current one you have no good, time to change, but not as if cannot use right? And not say you use the comp to do work anyway, it's only for GAMES!!! Got money then change. Broke liaoz don't come and tell me no money 'cos it's a choice of whether you want to have money or not.

[The above borrowing-of-money-for-computer scenario was completely made up and was simply used to make my point. Repeat: THE SCENARIO IS NOT REAL.]

The migraine's at work. I don't know if what I typed made sense, just more random thoughts as I sat here, hoping to get dry.

-----

And honestly? This is really a post to fill up the gap since Monday.

3 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u noe, actually the relationship betwwen score n age shdnt b a linear graph, cos dat would mean there's a age where we'll get negative score.

but then, i fully agree that as age goes up, scores go down. :D (i tink i can personally vouch for it oso. haha)

however, the relationship shd b exponential, decreases faster, but will never reach zero, unless age does to infinity (basically when ur brain rots away). else, no matter wat, i tink at least we shd b able to score at least 1 mark even by writing rubbish on our exam scripts. hahaha. :P

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

pala: UOL exam ah... if u essay dun answer question directly and start to throw anything you know in (no matter how beautifully written), CONFIRM won't pass. And most prob CAN get 0. It's that bad.

Lifeless: I can listen to class usually lehz. Only that I can't be completely sure about what was taught once I step out of the class.

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Rob X said...

For a guy who is at least 23, if by now he still has no maturity or sense when dealing with money, you should seriously re-evaluate the relationship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home