Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Movie Day with Dearie

After rehearsal with May, I went to catch Charlie & The Chocolate Factory at Plaza Singapura. There was only 1 slot, so by the time I reached the counter (yes, I know got AXN machines to use, but I'm paying by voucher so must queue up. I don't know if everyone else also use voucher, but the AXN machines seemed VERY deserted.), I was only offered the 1st 2 rows.

NO WAY.

After considering "Cinderella Man" with Russell Crowe, "Perfect Catch" with Drew Barrymore, I figured the in-between show for Dearie and me would be "One More Chance".

[I'm not usually the kind who'd watch romantic movies, but I heard it's a comedy. And Cinerella Man is not on my list of "I would like to watch" movies.]

It turns out that the movie is actually not too bad. I do not wish to spoil too much of it but you can read Ah Chang's take on the movie, which I quite agree on.
Adding on to it, I do think that the tissue-paper-worthy bits were Mark Lee's love for his daughter and Ah Hui + his mother that portion. Damn real. Can feel for them sia. A pity about the kua zhang ending though.

-----
Ok. Here comes the spoiler. Anyone who has the intention to watch the movie please do not read this next paragraph.
It is my favourite part of the movie - the FARNIEST!

LANG2 JIA4 HUM1
In Hokkien, Sung to the tune of "San1 Zhi1 Lao2 Hu3", with translation in brackets

Lang Jia Hum, Lang Jia Hum (Man eats cockles, man eats cockles)
Lang Pang Sai, Lang Pang Sai (Man will shit, Man will shit)
Hum Jia Sai, Hum Jia Sai (Hum eats shit, Hum eats shit)
Lang Jia Hum, Lang Jia Hum (Man eats cockles, man eats cockles)
-----

Oh. A must add about GV's promotion now is this World Of Warcraft combo. Dearie was in a very very very sianz mood (his own words ok?) when he came to Plaza Sing to look for me. He IMMEDIATELY perked up upon my telling him of the combo. HUMPH. Sianz mood my ass.



The boy is now the proud owner of the 7 day trial DVD that came with the whopping $8.50 set of popcorn and large ice-tea. Oh, and he kept the cup too. It's not the coca cola one you see in the photo but a much better quality one with WoW decorated on it.

After the movie we headed to his place 'cos I wanted to finish off watching the movie DVD APPLESEED that we only managed to watch halfway some time back.
Not too bad a movie. Though the ending wasn't very satisfying.

And after that, we scanned around the channels, were wow-ed by the CSI-type of efficiency the police showed in handling the "severed body parts at orchard MRT"-case, then settled for a lame Chinese movie on channel 8.

The both of us were starving, but we simply couldn't get ourselves to get food before the movie ended. I contemplated calling Macdonalds in, but Dearie said we could just ride out to Taman Jurong's 24hr Mac.

We did, and it was already waaay past midnight. That ah-beng-ah-lian infested place did look very desserted when we got there. The Mac delivery people seemed quite busy going in and out with their huge delivery bags.

Our super salty pack of fries was quite scary. Even such a salt lover like me couldn't take it. Can you imagine: we were hitting and scraping salt off each fry so we could eat it without dehydrating later. haha! The tray was lined with a layer of salt after all of that sia. Quite a scary sight. HAHA!

On the bike home, I was trying to recall all the lyrics for the performance coming up.
I couldn't.
Eeks.

4 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger blueapple said...

LOL.. i like the song in One More Chance! Damn lame.. ;]

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

yeah! super lame. i'm sooo going to sing it everytime dearie orders a plate of hum.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Hahaha! ! ! ! !
Zhenrong LOVES HUM ! ! ! ! !
Everytime Jio Me Eat Hum.
But I ALSO LIKE ! ! ! ! !
WHICH MEANS WE LIKE TO JIAK SAI ! !

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

HAHAHA! gross lehZ!~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home